Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    the voting process was not legit -- at all.
    Just because it wasn't 1:1 doesn't mean it was illegitimate. Both sides had exactly the same opportunity to cast multiple votes, so neither was afforded an unfair advantage.

As you say, the only reason you didn't continue voting is because you "stopped caring." So Horde had more people who cared more and continued to vote. I know my guild put out calls to vote every day the contest was running.

If the voting were tied to battle.net account, the whole process would have at least been believable.
    What's not to believe? Nobody is being lied to. Horde bike got more votes and won.

Horde winning a mount is not horde favoritism. Horde winning an open vote is not horde favoritism.

The conditions that lead the horde to win however (a: vastly stronger horde faction identification, and b: pedestrian at best design cues for the alliance) are deeply rooted in long-established horde favoritism. That's an entirely different problem, and while none of this caused it, the contest threw familiar gasoline on an old set of coals with a predictable result.

Of course there would still be complainers if the voting were fair.
    It was, though. Both sides had the same opportunity to vote in exactly the same way. Neither had an unfair advantage.

I'm just pointing out that using the line "the players voted for it" isn't valid because the voting process was not legitimate.
    It was, though.

It also shows that we have no idea what bike was really the winner and fan favorite. Which is unfortunate.
    We do, though. If Alliance was the favorite, more people would have voted for it more often - repeat votes or otherwise.

I don't understand peoples shock myself, we all knew Horde would win the moment this started. There are just more Horde players, and those players are much more vocal. Let's face it, if you aren't Horde you aren't "Hardcore" or at least that's why so many seem to think. Personally I take a lot of Pride in being an Alliance player. I started Horde years ago but found I enjoyed the players on Alliance side better as Horde players often tended to be more "Me! Me! Me!" focused. This is all based on my personal experience of course, but I wouldn't give up Allie side for this Goblin 2.0 trike anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Just because it wasn't 1:1 doesn't mean it was illegitimate. Both sides had exactly the same opportunity to cast multiple votes, so neither was afforded an unfair advantage.

As you say, the only reason you didn't continue voting is because you "stopped caring." So Horde had more people who cared more and continued to vote. I know my guild put out calls to vote every day the contest was running.

What's not to believe? Nobody is being lied to. Horde bike got more votes and won.

You obviously don't understand scientific polling or voting do you? lol

You obviously don't understand scientific polling or voting do you? lol
    Who besides you ever said this was supposed to be "scientific"?

"lol"

It's very common to have a voting system like this in an online poll. People vote every day in groups and do what they can to pump up their numbers. The side with the most activity, enthusiasm and overall participation wins.

It's a completely fair way to judge. You yourself admit the only reason you didn't continue to participate was that you "didn't care" so a bunch of people who don't care = you lose. What's not fair about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really liked the theme of the Alliance bike, if they had put proper wheels on it and done something interesting with the mudguards it might have looked pretty cool. But the tank treads just look laughable. I think the Horde bike is equally laughable as well with it's tank treads, honestly I don't see myself riding it for more than 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Proof that everyone has to win, even the losers, otherwise someone might get a case of the sads.
    This. Suck it up alliance you'll get your mount anyway when they 'surprise' us with it in a ploy to make everyone think Blizzard is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I have is that it is faction restricted. I can't think of a single mount that doesn't have an opposite faction counterpart.

I have characters of both factions and I voted for the Horde bike simply because it was more appealing and fit the theme of the faction best.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    They should just give them the fucking mount. Honestly, I really don't care.

But next time and every time they ask for something, they should be reminded how they whined a stupid mount into the game cause they thought it was all a big conspiracy to reward the Horde...
    What? How would the mount being added mean it was whined in? From Zarhym's post, it already seems like they do have plans for it in some way, so if anything, the conspiracy would be that "Blizzard added it because Alliance whined"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Both bikes should have been released, with the winning bike being free and the losing bike being available for in-game gold, like 5k or something.
    Agreed, the only thing they said at the start was that the winning bike would be free, not that both wouldn't be added.
    I don't care about any sort of "Oh Blizzard favored the Horde" because it's pretty obvious from the start Horde would win. Even if Alliance has more players, I believe Horde has the more vocal players, just look at the top raid groups being a majority of Horde players. The ones who care the most about min-maxing are Horde also. Sure, I have no facts to support this, but it just seems like it to me, and this voting contest proving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Proof that everyone has to win, even the losers, otherwise someone might get a case of the sads.
    It's a video game. It's something that is fully within the power of Blizzard to be balanced, and even in this case if they add the Alliance mount, Horde still won a free one if they charge for the Alliance one.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-07-28 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Well then where are the facts for Blizzard favoring Horde over Alliance? Or the facts for the Horde bike winning because Blizzard favors the Horde? There are zero facts to prove this favoritism. Even if Blizzard favors Horde over Alliance, first of all who cares and second, why would they be so childish as to just choose the Horde bike because they like Horde better than Alliance? Blizzard is a professional company they're not a bunch of fanboys.
    Um, if you read more carefully, you'd see that I didn't say favoritism was a part in all of this. But why were there no real numbers? Why was it just color blotches on a screen? No real numbers? It looks pretty suspicious if you ask me; that's all I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm sure they will release alliance one down the line :P
    Most likely to the cash shop lol

10+ Year Old Account
    PJD made the mistake of going with tank treads instead of keeping the bike clean and shiny, by adding normal wheels, maybe one of those fat back tires that was popular. the tread stuff just ruins and clashes with the look. the contest coulda been a lot closer with this change. i know i would have been very tempted to vote blue since the Horde trike has me worried that it will be a goblin trike 2.0 and have ZERO animation and just end up being a box to ride on.

so its not favoritism on Blizzards behalf but PJD's and the players who voted against their favorite faction.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-07-29 at 03:55 AM.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it was favoritism on Blizzards part, but anyone who has actually played this game knew horde would win.

I think we need to focus on the fact that BOTH bikes are ugly. I would be surprised if they didn't release the ally bike (not even a bike with those stupid tank treads) via the cash shop or honor/conquest vendor.

Those bikes are just ugly.

Deleted
    Wasn't it vote based?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Count-wise, both factions recieve a free mount to add to their collection. Only Horde peeps get to ride it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a contest one has to win & one has to lose. Alliance bike will get released one day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by navssurtani View Post
    Wasn't it vote based?
    Ya in all 3 regions (Asia, Europe, North America / Latin America / Oceanic) majority picked Horde.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much the Horde winning (like you said, the poll was player-based, Blizzard did nothing to encourage people to vote for X faction) as it is the sheer illogic of not putting both in anyway with a standard "thanks for voting, you're all winners" PR speech.

I don't know, I just found it surprising that they didn't include both.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Except you can't ride it and your mount count isn't account bound. There are character specific mounts (eg CM, PvP) and faction specific mounts (eg this bike).
    Have you ever had an engineer or tailor and made one of the profession only mounts? ALL of your characters have that mount in their mount list, but only the ones with the profession required to make it are able to ride it. There is a chance that will be how Blizzard does things with the Horde bike, but instead of having to be on a character with a certain profession to ride it, you just have to be on a horde character to ride it.