Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why are Stormwind windows only on the outside?

Uhh metaphor maybe. it's easy to be on the outside looking in, but it's hard to be on the inside looking out? I dunno, but i think renatos outfit is the most distressing thing, and is in need of an immediate outfit change

Where do they have toilets, bathrooms or even kitchens in their houses?
    Some houses are stuck in obviously unavailable places, like between tower, walls and other houses.
    Most have chimneys, but few have fireplaces.
    Some houses don't even have doors!
    What purpose does secret tunnel in the Old Town near the Stormwind Keep serves? (it acctually leads nowhere, every warlock can check it easily)
    How do those bankers ever get out of their working place?
    Is there a fire station? Why wouldn't there be a fire station in a wood city with large mage population and with a large ashen fire hole of doom?
    Why those battlements are larger than humans that are usually patrolling the walls?

D:

When I saw this, all I could think of was Patrick's voice saying "What, you wanted to look through the window?!".

And it's a mystery.

10+ Year Old Account
    hahahaha, and nobody thought of this before im laughing my ass off, thanks OP :P

ima tweet this to blizzard
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind always had Copy/Paste interiors, its a shame they never made an "interior glass" texture, or even an actual glass model for windows at all. Especially after the cataclysm update.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    For some reason this reminded me of the old auction house in Stormwind, the little one that didn't look like it could be an AH until you went inside, does anybody else remember that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    For some reason this reminded me of the old auction house in Stormwind, the little one that didn't look like it could be an AH until you went inside, does anybody else remember that?
    I miss that place. Then again, I miss the traffic in Ironforge.

The answer to all of the above is: magic.
    Poop disappears magically, fires are put out magically, bankers teleport out of banks magically.
    Secrete tunnel is so secret, you can't understand why it's secret.
    You can't see windows because magic.

I feel so stupid for never really realizing this. Been Alliance since vanilla and it never struck me >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I don't think it was smaller, not by much, anyway. The entrance looked like a backdoor, though.

Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post

it was too hard for them to render it inside with all the different angles and such and not make your video card lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda wish Stormwind buildings were more out of stone and less out of wood, Mages Quarter stone looks fcking awesome, would be nice to see that masonry more often in Alliance buildings.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's funny. I'm going to roll Alliance just for this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Graphic engine limitations. Keep in mind, up until Cataclysm, most cities weren't even "finished". Cities were "false fronts", if you could've seen them from the air, they would've had large untextured sections and big holes in the terrain, with pieces of buildings floating. They were less concerned about realistic details like windows (remember, when WOW started, the engine didn't really even support lighting, the only lighting vanilla WOW had was on the ground, not on characters or buildings).

I feel so stupid not knowing this...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I feel so stupid for never really realizing this. Been Alliance since vanilla and it never struck me >.>
    It's like my entire life is a lie. I feel like it's all falling apart.

The reason is because the interior of most buildings are actually a seperate object. The buildings in Stormwind are completely hollow; just 2-dimensional walls with nothing inside. But when they want players to be able to enter it they just place a premade interior inside of the building.

They don't have windows because they're all just copy/pastes of the same generic textured box. Any window the artist put in them would be wrong 99% of the time anyway.

It's just the way the game is built.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The reason is because the interior of most buildings are actually a seperate object. The buildings in Stormwind are completely hollow; just 2-dimensional walls with nothing inside. But when they want players to be able to enter it they just place a premade interior inside of the building.

They don't have windows because they're all just copy/pastes of the same generic textured box. Any window the artist put in them would be wrong 99% of the time anyway.

It's just the way the game is built.
    You are making it sound more complicated then it probably is, they probably just didn't think anyone would notice or care...guess what, they were right.