Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I want a buffed version of venom zest for assassination only.

DfA for me, just because it sounds pretty cool by the description. Just beef up the damage more to compensate for the whole loss of auto attacks and whatever and make it non-suicidal (looking at you KS). I'd also just drop the use of it as a finisher too, as it's not really going to outdamage or replace any class' primary finisher honestly, and there's no point in having a second one unless it's competitive with or better than the primary.

Shadow Reflection...meh, 8 seconds is just too short to notice anything honestly. What we need is something that LOOKS cool. Maybe if it let us summon a shadow duplicate that copied our attacks (akin to the one for monks but say it deals 50% less damage) for say 30 seconds or whatever, that would make it cooler and more noticeable than some weak shadow that watches you for 8 seconds, then copies your last 8 seconds of stuff before going bye bye for 2 minutes.

Venom Zest...meh...just needs to be replaced with something else. Why make it potentially more annoying to manage energy anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    DfA for me, just because it sounds pretty cool by the description. Just beef up the damage more to compensate for the whole loss of auto attacks and whatever and make it non-suicidal (looking at you KS). I'd also just drop the use of it as a finisher too, as it's not really going to outdamage or replace any class' primary finisher honestly, and there's no point in having a second one unless it's competitive with or better than the primary.
    If it forces you to move to use it, they can never make it non-suicidal. I don't want DfA to be the best in pve because of that. I don't want another move where I have to sit there pissed off because I need to be hitting it to do my dps rotation but I need to not hit it because of risk of death. And yeah, it clearly can't replace the primary finisher when it has a primary finisher built in as a component... it needs to at least show those as DfA so I can look at the damage DfA does and feel happy about it.

I vote SR just because the other two suck (I don't really pvp at all anymore). Venom zest is one of the most boring passives I've seen.

Hopefully they'll all be tuned close so you can take whichever. Lemon zest because it's passive, SR because it's good burst, or DFA because it's cool (though I'm unclear how you weave that into your rotation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If Lemon Zest is beefed up it may become too good to pass up (similar situation with Anticipation). DFA will be popular for those that want something different for their Rogues but Shadow Reflection seems like the go to talent right now. SR seems to promote cool down stacking so I have mixed feelings about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    If Lemon Zest is beefed up it may become too good to pass up (similar situation with Anticipation). DFA will be popular for those that want something different for their Rogues but Shadow Reflection seems like the go to talent right now. SR seems to promote cool down stacking so I have mixed feelings about it.
    Which is so weird because they wanted to get away from cooldown stacking. But they give us SR, Mages get their crystal, Monk gets Serenity, Shamans get a new DPS totem. They don't even follow their own philosophies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors got an entire new DPS spec as a talent.

And here we have an energy passive, fair enough right?

Haste will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Warriors got an entire new DPS spec as a talent.

And here we have an energy passive, fair enough right?

Haste will fix it.
    Well, but that is just that one specific talent compared to our one specific talent. If you compare their choices in their whole talent tree and how it effects their gameplay (especially in pve/raids) to our whole talent tree and how it effects our gameplay (especially in pve/raids), then you'll notice that they even ou... wait... crap... needs more haste?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Shadow Reflection...meh, 8 seconds is just too short to notice anything honestly. What we need is something that LOOKS cool. Maybe if it let us summon a shadow duplicate that copied our attacks (akin to the one for monks but say it deals 50% less damage) for say 30 seconds or whatever, that would make it cooler and more noticeable than some weak shadow that watches you for 8 seconds, then copies your last 8 seconds of stuff before going bye bye for 2 minutes.
    I'm guessing the 8 sec duration is because that is the duration of cc in pvp. Syngerizes well with another 2 min cooldown.

Im really surprised at the SR hate. I just got into beta a few days ago but I really like SR. All I do is PvP and i just pop SR after i Cheapshot and garrote and I make sure I Kidney while its up thats as MUT. Its also really strong for Combat, maybe to strong in PvP cause you can get two killing sprees and an Evis if you're clutch.

As for me though I would love to see DfA as a good talent I mean who doesnt wanna fly up in the air and crush fools!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikplays View Post
    Im really surprised at the SR hate. I just got into beta a few days ago but I really like SR. All I do is PvP and i just pop SR after i Cheapshot and garrote and I make sure I Kidney while its up thats as MUT. Its also really strong for Combat, maybe to strong in PvP cause you can get two killing sprees and an Evis if you're clutch.

As for me though I would love to see DfA as a good talent I mean who doesnt wanna fly up in the air and crush fools!
    Well, it's because lv 100 talents are supposed to be meaningful... People wanted something to actually change how they feel their Rogues.

Death from above is not bad, it's just undertuned and poorly made, AA reset and not safe to use sometimes.
    Venom Zest in my opinion is an Assassination passive made into a talent for some reason.
    And Shadow Reflection... Potential to be very funny and nice, but it's just like a DK'S Dancing rune weapon 2.0...

Hitei posted on another thread what would feel like a lv 100 talent row, although impossible to happen, it felt good to read how it could have been.

I don't. I don't like uncontrollable movement tied to essential dps abilities.

Deleted
    Death from above. I want the rest of the raid watch me flyyyyyyyyyy and regret not leveling a rogue ^.^

But it will probably end up be a dps loss or a suicide button in most cases.

The problem with SR is that it promotes cool down stacking. Blizz is going to bring the nerf bat at some point haha. I love SR too but it is so obvious at this point lol.