Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightaura View Post
    Every few months someone drops the dance studio into a discussion.
    do you /did you actually care about "the dance studio". I cant name i single person that has a shred of interest in that.
    Its irrelevant to the vast majority of the player base. probably why they axed it!!!

the location of the faction hub is also mostly irrelevant (to me in any case) and i cant say that " path of the titans" was ever anything more than a cool sounding title with some half baked talent tree outlined underneath.
    Could not agree more with all of those examples. But you forgot to mention that the only info we had with "path of the titans" and it being a retarded talent tree making old talent tree choices seem like rocket science, was that it was also tied to archaeology and FINDING things to unlock parts of those trees. I mean if something tied to archaeology isn't enough of a red flag that this idea may not be a good plan....I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Makronik View Post
    It would be healthy for everyone - Look at the burning crusade I see no videos uploaded from the beta and also no speculations and no spoilers, when I entered the portal for the first time, i was mind blown, a big step up when I lvled my char in vanilla zones

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer not to hear about any features hence not being angry and disappointed at blizzard . I mean I never seen so many features removed than I did in WoD its true, every x pack they remove only 1 feature or 2 but here its like what 4 , 5 now?
    Gotta ditch the rose tinted nostalgia glasses my friend. Bc came out almost 8 years ago, the video game industry has changed dramatically since then. Most developers give in depth looks of games across multiple venues ( e3, gamescon, comic con) and it is now both the industry standard and best marketing tools. Destiny is in full console beta, something like that was not even a pipedream when bc launched.

But the best real evidence I can think of? A few years ago E3 decided to scale back it's fan interactions dramatically. They had a show where it was exclusively reporters, no booth babes, no vendors and few games. And it was terrible. Devs, like blizz, need to showcase games.

People are going to complain regardless.
    People will and have complained that information comes out too slow, or that they aren't getting enough.
    Blizzard are pressured into giving information way too early, and you can see what happens there.

Those who are happy are less vocal than those complaining.
    Those complaining loudest are doing so simply because they can, not because they have a good reason to.
    It won't do anything to reduce the number of complaints, because they will just move onto something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

It is hard to believe, I know, but we are not mad because they decided to push a feature or a leveling zone to some later date. I am mad at them because they lied about it. They tried to cover it up and failed. And I doubt they will apologise for lying.

They need to be honest. When they decide to push something, they need to say: "We decidced to push this on to a later date because we think it will work the best this way."
    That is all I need of them. I don't think it is too much of a company to demand some honesty and integrity. I don't want them to come and say: "Oh btw, this is coming at later date, we thought you already knew that, we decided that like more than a year ago, but then forgot to mention anything about it, and still presented it, as if it is coming together with the rest."

I want Blizzard to be honest, open, and up-front. Not shady liars. And that has nothing to do with features at Blizzcon. Features at Blizzcon are just a sacrificial lamb at this point, a straw-man meant to deter the anger away from Blizzard.

They should announce only the features that will certainly make it into game which requires a bit better assessment and management.

People will complain if they announce stuff and it gets cut.
    People will complain, if they don't announce stuff, buy the xpac and claim they wouldn't have purchased had they known.
    To sum up people will complain either way, so damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    One thing that does get on my t1ts is people stating they 'promise' things.
    No! They never have and never will, it's how they cover their backs and rightly so. Get over it. It is a shame when cool stuff is changed e.g. Karabor and bladespire, but well sh1t happens.
    Data mining has go crazy and I see people's point about well don't read mmo then, but I don't think people understand wow is an mmo and as such I hear more from guildies and often trade to thinks its naive to say if I don't read mmo it will all be a complete surprise.
    I just wish they could cut the datamining, reduce 'beta' size and enforce better NDA's

I think there is more anger about how they went about it then it actually being cut.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    It is hard to believe, I know, but we are not mad because they decided to push a feature or a leveling zone to some later date. I am mad at them because they lied about it. They tried to cover it up and failed. And I doubt they will apologise for lying.

They need to be honest. When they decide to push something, they need to say: "We decidced to push this on to a later date because we think it will work the best this way."
    That is all I need of them. I don't think it is too much of a company to demand some honesty and integrity. I don't want them to come and say: "Oh btw, this is coming at later date, we thought you already knew that, we decided that like more than a year ago, but then forgot to mention anything about it, and still presented it, as if it is coming together with the rest."

I want Blizzard to be honest, open, and up-front. Not shady liars. And that has nothing to do with features at Blizzcon. Features at Blizzcon are just a sacrificial lamb at this point, a straw-man meant to deter the anger away from Blizzard.
    You compared Tanaan getting pushed back to your spouse getting a secret abortion. I... don't even know what to say.

Blizz should just keep announcing features at Blizzcon (Hyping up their upcoming releases is the whole point of it after all), but they should be more careful how they make changes to the game/upcoming releases known, Twitter is NOT a good way to drop a disappointment on players, they should use a blog post so they have more than 140 characters to explain the reasoning behind the change...

Quote Originally Posted by alltrueist View Post
    You compared Tanaan getting pushed back to your spouse getting a secret abortion. I... don't even know what to say.
    I love it how you read abortion, and started screaming taboo, taboo inside yourself. Get over it. It is used as an example to carry over the sentiment about being lied to. If you'd like, I can write another example just for you about a dog you never had.

For every 1 person that posts on the forums upset about a change, there are 100,000 that don't care, and are still thinking about all the other neat stuff they saw at Blizzcon.

Don't confuse a small group making a lot of noise with a genuine outcry against something.

The last change that Blizzard made that I saw a genuine outcry against was when they wanted to make all communication on the forums/etc use real names - and we're talking years ago for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Makronik View Post
    overall there would be less complaints from the fanbase.
    "A few people moaning online" != "the fanbase."