Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Two new free items on the store.

https://www.frontierstore.net/catalo...ult/?q=glasses

When you're a tiny insignificant spec of dust, aka a human, Thargoids will often not notice you exist...

https://i.imgur.com/zMZx4QF.gifv

Quote Originally Posted by francisbaud View Post
    The Chinese investment holding company Tencent just acquired a 9% stake (3.7 million shares) in Frontier Developments. =/
    and this is a problem, because...?

Anyway, Odyssey will be the first DLC I'll get for ED, I hope it will make the game more immersive because I like the idea of a space exploring game, but it did get boring mighty fast.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-05-19 at 10:29 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    and this is a problem, because...?

Anyway, Odyssey will be the first DLC I'll get for ED, I hope it will make the game more immersive because I like the idea of a space exploring game, but it did get boring mighty fast.
    My issue with Elite as well. I love the concept as someone who loves space/astronomy/sci-fi. It feeds the little child in me who wants to explore the stars, leave the Earth and witness the great beyond. Elite's main selling point is its procedurally generated 1:1 scale of the Milky Way Galaxy. So there's TONS to explore. The issue being that - as you can imagine - there's nothing to do on these desolate planets. There's just very little content in the game to keep you going unless you just really love exploring for the sake of exploring. Hopefully Odyssey gives us some more love on front of things to do.

Oh hey that's right. Odyssey is out! Anyone playing? Curious as to thoughts/impressions, I saw a lot of mixed things from the alpha and there were still some big broken bits. But it seems very up my alley, I like shooting things with space guns while walking around on my space legs. I'll just need to like...remember how to play the bloody game >.>

Horizons got really good, but the initial version was kind of a disaster. So I'm gonna wait a bit with this one. Will definitely be getting it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh hey that's right. Odyssey is out! Anyone playing? Curious as to thoughts/impressions, I saw a lot of mixed things from the alpha and there were still some big broken bits. But it seems very up my alley, I like shooting things with space guns while walking around on my space legs. I'll just need to like...remember how to play the bloody game >.>
    It's an online game from a relatively small company which seemed to have had a rather short test period, I don't even need to check the news to know the servers are going to be a mess. I'll let you know in a week or two but I strongly expect it to be much like the rest of Elite - a strong framework to play out semi-realistic space adventure fantasies that falls short of a completely satisfying gameplay system.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Played a bit yesterday, but like you I have to learn to play the game again. I haven't even tried flying yet; connecting the HOTAS is just too much trouble. Especially now that we got space-feet. An Xbox controller to fly seems the way to go, since you can easily put it down when you disembark. The HOTAS needs a lot of desk-space.

Space stations look really cool and the fact that you can actually accept missions from people adds a LOT of depth, simple as it may seem. I continued my old save, which has this Vulture worth 11mil credits, so I think I added an upgrade or two. I considered starting with a new save, but I don't think there's an actual story mode, so starting a new save would just be the same as continuing my old save, but with a basic ship and no credits.

Anyway, I'll fiddle around a bit more after training this evening.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I was reading framerate is very low even with a good card, apparently deleting the old graphics settings boosts performance a lot for some people

https://old.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...tting_odyssey/

Still not great tbh and Frontier really need to improve performance/optimisation.

As per request from the moderator team, and to avoid getting banned one day after getting out of jail, again, I'm moving the discussion here then...

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Well considering the fact that Odyssey was a long awaited update (2+ years) and the hype and expectation around it I don't think it's far fetched to assume that people leaving just after a couple of weeks is a good sign. It was so bad that even the CEO of the company had to make apology posts and delay the console release to fix the pc version again.

Star Citizen keeps evolving and ED has not only stagnating but regressing so that some CMDR's are waking up to that fact should not come as a surprise. It's the natural course, the weak are meat, and the strong do eat.
    19 threads since last month, and some of them even made by fresh accounts, doesn't seem like much of a sign of a "huge" influx to me.

You are pretty much just cherry picking data and ignoring the rest, so you can draw the conclusions that fit your narrative, which is odd for someone always preaching about stopping the misinformation and the disingenuity, but I guess it’s only a problem when its done towards something you enjoy.

It’s like the "X will kill WoW", but with a new coat of paint, meanwhile the fucking thing keeps going on just fine, evidently these "drops" happen in most video games, if not all of them, new content creates huge spikes of players numbers that just starts falling shortly after (regardless the quality of it) throughout the next couple of months, until it hits back its usual average number of players again...

… and don’t get me wrong, to some extent I believe ED deserves getting a lot of the shit is getting for releasing the DLC in such conditions, I also don’t doubt that a lot of players, especially now, are jumping into Star Citizen to test it out, however, this “huge influx”, “moving into” from X to Y that you are trying to paint is just silliness based on wild speculation with only purposely misinterpreted data to back it up.