Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Earthquake deals a shitload of more damage than Cl.

Current numbers on lvl100 Premade

Cl: 2,8k (Single hit)
    EQ: 5,6k (total damage per mob, Perk NOT applied)

With th buffed numbers

Cl: 4,2k
    EQ: 7,4k

With perk EQ still sit at 14,8k damage per mob while, the casttime with 2.0 secvs. 2.5sec is also rather similiar.

Just using raw numbers on 5 targets:
    Cl: 21k
    EQ (with perk): 74k

From a damage perspective EQ beats the hell out of Cl, oom'ing only causes not to be able to use EQ anymore, then you can just continue Cl spam or your normal rotation, mana cost of all spells, except self heal, are low enough to allow that.
    Remember the armour. Earthquake is physical damage and every mob has a lot of armour. My Earthquake on beta hits a mob 8 levels below me for 317 damage with no buffs or enhancements. Chain Lightning hits for 1.7k. Observe:

Also interesting to note that Earthquake is currently not proccing our mastery.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-08-02 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Sounds good to increase damage of EQ and can be a useful skill, but needs a mana cost reduction, because in the last Test AoE damage was very low and you stayed out of mana very soon.

I like EQ and hope they find a way to make it work rather than cut it. So there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Remember the armour. Earthquake is physical damage and every mob has a lot of armour. My Earthquake on beta hits a mob 8 levels below me for 317 damage with no buffs or enhancements. Chain Lightning hits for 1.7k. Observe:
    Unless they changed it, EQ is not reduced by armor, that is at least true on live.

And you should take the number EQ does per hit and multiply it with 10, then you should receive the number in the tooltip, because EQ tooltip tells how much damage it deals in total to each target.

Deleted
    Well gosh, I had a complete brain meltdown. For all this time I have been mis-reading the tooltip - my apologies.

You are correct sir, 4 ticks of a 5 stack Earthquake is better than Chain Lightning. Which also means 8 ticks with no stacks is better than Chain Lightning. What a mind-fuck this is.

Yea as I was reading I thought everyone was complaining about EQ damage being to low. Other than that, why is EQ's damage still physical I thought I read that they changed it to nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    Yea as I was reading I thought everyone was complaining about EQ damage being to low. Other than that, why is EQ's damage still physical I thought I read that they changed it to nature.
    tooltip issue perhaps? it is not physical in terms reduced by armor

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Isn't this almost an exact copy of Rift's stormcaller?

A lot of AoE is similar to earth quake: hurricane, rain of fire, blizzard, fire trap, death n decay, that new lvl100 warrior talent, flamestrike (mage), magma totem (i hate it), hunter's worm/chimaera special AoE spell, the new DK AoE talent that is similar to DnD but increases in radius per tick...

These problems i see with earth quake:

1. It deals physical damage that IS REDUCED by armor - try casting it on heavily armored classes, and then cast it on the same player without any gear on him.
    The difference between a non-armored target (naked) and a fully armored target is STAGGERING - over 50% of EQ's damage is lost when attacking heavy armor targets.

2. It's damage is incredibly low - it needs to be changed to deal magical damage (to ignore armor), and it's spell power scaling needs to be GREATLY increased.

3. It's crowd control is completely unreliable and random - it would be much more useful if it applied a HEAVY SLOW in an area - just like it did in Warcraft 3.
    Any unit that enters EQ in War3 would be slowed by ~80% for as long as they are in the EQ, as well as a few seconds after they leave EQ.

Also casting chain lightning once or twice before EQ should make EQ almost instant - or at least castable on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    1. It deals physical damage that IS REDUCED by armor - try casting it on heavily armored classes, and then cast it on the same player without any gear on him.
    The difference between a non-armored target (naked) and a fully armored target is STAGGERING - over 50% of EQ's damage is lost when attacking heavy armor targets.
    I did a test vs a moonkin, with armor it was ~603 dmg per tick, without armor it was 788 dmg per tick

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Try it on NPC Mobs, i have no idea why the damage is reduced by armor on other players but on NPC targets it is not reduced.

Try it on NPC Mobs, i have no idea why the damage is reduced by armor on other players but on NPC targets it is not reduced.
    question is if npc mobs have the same amount of armor. because then it doesn't matter cause they can just balance the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not make it instant cast and consume fulumination stacks. 5 stacks for instant cast earthquake.Damage is increased by 20% per stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    question is if npc mobs have the same amount of armor. because then it doesn't matter cause they can just balance the numbers.
    1.Compare how much EQ deals to a mob with the number in the tooltip, if the numbers are very close it is probably not reduced by armor.

2.Try it on low level mobs, they have generally a lower armor rating than high lvl mobs.

1.Compare how much EQ deals to a mob with the number in the tooltip, if the numbers are very close it is probably not reduced by armor.

2.Try it on low level mobs, they have generally a lower armor rating than high lvl mobs.
    1.) tried it with lvl 90 premade against lvl 90 and lvl91 mob and it was the same damage as listed in the tooltip
    2.) lower mobs not tested but I think you deal more damage now to lower mobs so results can be weird

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    1.) tried it with lvl 90 premade against lvl 90 and lvl91 mob and it was the same damage as listed in the tooltip
    Which is a strong indicator for EQ damage not being reduced by armor on NPC mobs.

Deleted
    Even if they buff EQ to be number one priority even on single target, it doesnt change the fact that our AoEing will feel more clunky than in MoP. It just doesnt feel right going from Darth Sidiuos to having to cast a 2,5sec spell - which still has all it flaws, except for the fixed damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    It just doesnt feel right going from Darth Sidiuos to having to cast a 2,5sec spell
    Subjective interpretation.

Personally i enjoy some variety to mindless Cl spam and i like the idea of a bit longer casts as Elemental.

Secondly, Cl has a 2,0 Casttime in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like EQ, but hey I'm a pvper and I'll take anything I can get that can potentially slow down my target :P

I'd rather put up with Earthquake than forced upon me unleash flame.

Hate the unleash thing, that should be enhancement spell as it seems more fitting their instant cast buff / debuff playstyle.
    Btw on a side note, did they finally abandon the idea of hard cast spells for melee specs?