Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem is they mismanage their resources and badly communicate while the higher ups just circle jerk.

Quality over quantity is all i can say,
    Also i enyoy wow more then those games you listed
    Also jaylock thread Obvious "Insert word that will get you an infraction here"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It may shock you to know that an MMO does not have to be garnering millions of subs in order to be considered thriving and successful. Surely you're not implying that WoW is somehow better off from years without content?
    No, I'm implying that in my anecdotal experience (plus the people I usually play with) there hasn't been a game that grabbed our interest for longer than a few months, a shit-ton being around or released all the time doesn't change that. And we tried a lot of the big hype titles and also other more obscure ones. Wow, in the contentless shape it is now (I still got enough to do tho), is still more interesting than maybe 95% of the other titles, at least for me. Dunno, maybe it's the quality<quantity thing or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Quality over quantity is all i can say,
    How does one judge the quality of nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Still have plenty of content to do. 10 years of it. Don't care about raiding.
    And for "10 years of content", it's surprisingly little in comparison.

Plus, well, I've done nearly all of it. I may not have done it when it was current, but I've stepped foot into every raid at every difficulty (except Naxx 40), 100% cleared them (except H T14 and H T 16), even did all the optional stuff (again except T14/T16), every dungeon on every difficulty, every achievement in those dungeons, hell most of the achievements in the GAME for that matter; experienced (R)BGs/Arenas and low-medium skill PvP (I don't care to PvP really), completed a plethora of quests, side things to do; I mean just go through my achievements and you'll see how much I've done. I've gone well above and beyond the average player and I'm just out of stuff to do because stuff takes too slow. The fact that WoD STILL isn't out yet is going to cause a massive drop in subs, and we will see nothing but giant spikes downwards for Q2 and Q3.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock is my new hero, that guy is not afraid to tell it like it is. Blizzard thinks that they can hide this huge content drought with this flimsy excuse 'we're making a new expansion' but it is crap. They aren't making a new expansion, they are all on vacation with rob pardo, and the fact is, anyone still playing wow at this point is a fanboy who needs to realize they are making the game worse by NOT complaining. Don't be a part of the problem guys... pull your head out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Quality takes time
    When the expansion hit and you see nothing, then i really don't know what you wanna hear xD

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    And for "10 years of content", it's surprisingly little in comparison.
    You have almost 20k achievement points. I have 11k. There's still plenty of content for *ME* to do, especially as someone who plays for maybe 5-6 hours a week.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    This is a job for mmo-champ!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    higher quality and less bug-ridden than the quick, free content thrown out by other game developers.
    I highly suspect that you have never played another MMO, let alone all the other free options out there.

Please elaborate on examples, because most of the ones ive played the new content is very polished and high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    the fact is, anyone still playing wow at this point is a fanboy who needs to realize they are making the game worse by NOT complaining.
    Or... you know, they play because they enjoy the game...
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and you still not only fail to obliterate WoW, but go F2P after trying to usurp the throne...seriously...if at that point you need to blame it on fanboism or sth like that, I give up....
    Ah det, you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... join us and talk shit about wow! It's a blast!

Well..if that is "so sad" and if "other companies push out so much more content" - then why are people not playing all the other games?

Here I am with 11 toons...I always got shit to do and...judging by the activity around me..so do others.

With 9 billion people on the planet and only 30 million playing MMOs (of which 7 million play WoW) there certainly is a big enough market and enough choice...and don't bring in that tired argument how everyone is brainwashed and a fanboi and all that shit.
    Yeah, but all that "shit" you got to do that we all do over and over and over again... can we really stop and tell ourselves that it's FUN doing it?

I'm not making any response to the op to agree or disagree, I just want to throw it out there that I think a lot of us are just doing this out of habit.

I'm running ordos/celestials trying raid finder doing pvp and so many other things right now but it starts to feel like a burden and I stop and think... "Why?"

I guess because once I get everything geared up and the way I like it, I DO enjoy it. It's still cheap entertainment. But it's easy to understand why so many people still play this game, and it isn't just because it's soooo muchhh funnn. We're all creatures of habit. And this habit is going on 8 years. Kind of crazy when it's officially a third of your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Or... you know, they play because they enjoy the game...
    Do not bring up the facts! I'm not interested, and you're too happy!

Deleted
    Mmos are just done. Those who play or write about them every day just haven't realized yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Isn't ironic that a company that has billions of dollars of revenue each year, pushes out content patches for their MMO at a rate slower than all the other companies making MMOs in the industry?

Now this is not a game vs game thread so dont turn it into that.

But its sad quite frankly that WoW has 1 year luls between content, and other games have awesome content being pushed out every two weeks, every month, or every other month (GW2, Rift, and SWTOR being a good example of this). The other sad thing is that these other games have free to play models.

So why pay for something when you can get more for free?
    I think the reason that Blizzard pushes out its content slower than other MMOs is that they don't really have anyone that they have to compete with. Other MMOs have each other and WoW to compete with so they feel it necessary to push out content faster, but with lower quality (note how fast ESO came out and how short its beta was AND how buggy it still is almost three months later). Usually when Blizzard releases a patch for WoW (talking official patches, not beta; every beta for every game has bugs), it might need work balance-wise or this might need a tweak, but it's not generally buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    The problem is the loud raucous crowd on the fourmS who know so much about how video games should be produced never actually get enough people to quit for it to matter in the slightest bit. Scream, yell, cry, it doesn't matter to Blizzard, they will release content when its ready. Hell, quit and take a break for all Blizzard cares, you'll be back, and they know that
    I for my part don't want to make anyone quit. I just find it quite sad how economy has taken over what has been both art and entertainment. From my subjective point of view WoW offers less and less fun things. I got the feeling that it's only about making the most profit with the least effort.
    As an example (at least to me), when the subscription numbers reached a new minimum,
    all of a sudden Blizzard starts communicating with their community in a much more open way.

In my opinion, that behavior is not an act of generosity but damage limitation. Sadly, the times when games companies were generous are gone since years.
    But I think Blizzard is an extreme example: Charging a full game's price for an expansion, charging a monthly fee white still charging for special services such as character transfers, charging for new, optional mounts, pets and special cosmetic items and, on top of that, delivering the normal subscription content in a very bad rate.

But if I compare this to my currently favorite games company, Riot Games, then I see this must not be that way. I see that a very good game can be free to play, without any initial cost, and finance itself just by selling cosmetic skins.

This is like World of Warcraft was free to play, without expansion costs or monthly fees, just using the in-game store. But Blizzard needs to charge wherever possible. Though I can't even be mad at the company. As long as the cow gives milk. you milk it.

I just think this isn't fair towards the players (which includes you).

To my opinion, Blizzard should offer two ways of playing: Either pay for the expansion and the monthly fees, therefore getting all store items for free and having instant access to new content, which is released on a more frequent regular basis,
    or play for free, having to pay for mounts, pets, cosmetics and instant content access.

But alas, as long as people defend this policy and the cow gives milk...

Oh, and just to take the hot air out of your sails, this is neither crying nor screaming,
    but explaining my very opinion.

You are free to have a different opinion and enjoy the game. If you do so and the price is good to you, just be happy with it.

Actually, I don't see a sense in debating with the same arguments over and over. A debate is not for convincing people who have a different opinion (actually I never saw this happen), but to make your point. Nobody here is going to make anyone do anything if they already made up their minds.
    With this in mind I think we can either stop this discussion or carry on without any sentences lacking substance such as "go away if you don't like it".
    Last edited by Tyranitar; 2014-07-30 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abracmike View Post
    Could supply them with more fiber to help push it along faster ya know.......

Seriously though, the amount of content in MoP feels ok, just not the timing. 2 Months more of ToT and/or MSV/HoF/ToES and 2 less of SOO would have been fine. (Hello Ulduar Firelands threepeat?)
    I agree with this. For the past couple expansions now, the pace at which they release the content has left something to be desired. Some tiers last too long and others are cut too short. Looking at the expansion as I whole, I do believe MoP gave us a ton of content; not just raids, but also scenarios, challenge modes, pet battles, etc.

....and you still not only fail to obliterate WoW, but go F2P after trying to usurp the throne...seriously...if at that point you need to blame it on fanboism or sth like that, I give up....
    Oh i didn't know the mmo market was like the coliseum. I thought they could coexist instead of fighting to the death like gladiators. Where do you get this Third of the market from anyways?

10+ Year Old Account
    I too feel subjectively that wow should be free to play! This is also my opinion, so don't even you dare tell me I'm wrong! I have a right to an opinion, and I'm going to keep it, and hold onto it, and cherish it, and name it Opy. My little friend opy says you can go to hell if you don't get what I'm saying. Quit paying for wow, you're making it hard on us who want it to be f2p.

And yes riot games is awesome! Where did they get the idea for their one game that they have ever made? It's pretty neat!

And last but not least, remember, this is my little friend Opy, he can say anything he wants.