Thread: 1-shot

1-shot

Which class and playstyle can be related the most currently with 5 stacks taste for blood heroic strike that 1-shot people before it got nerfed? Ele shaman, destro lock, dragon roar warrior or other? To clarify i mean which come closest factoring only the 1-shot part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Enh or Ele Shaman, Ele can get some ridiculous procs and you're just like "where did my health go?", Enh uses that Star Wars bullshit and you lose the majority of your hp.

Warriors are also candidates, had a 150k Slam in arena the other day combined with a big DW tick and a 50k auto attack.

I don't know the mechanics behind it (I left my Warlock sitting at 85 and haven't played him in forever), but I've been nailed by some pretty high Chaos Bolt numbers in BGs. Same with Shamans and Lava Burst (again, don't know the mechanics behind it, just know what I've seen happen in random BGs). I think it's more common in BGs when the Warlock / Shaman is off free casting somewhere and isn't noticed in all the carnage.

And yeah, as an Arms Warrior, I've managed some pretty satisfying Slam crits if it happens at the right time (procs, all damage cooldowns popped, berserking, etc). Slam can hit stupidly hard when everything lines up in my favor.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-01 at 04:09 PM.

You mean like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5cXOw5kzNk

Fortunately for us, no class can do the same anymore. At least not with one spell. You might get bursted down in a few seconds by shamans, moonkins, destro, arcane mages, but good thing is the last 2 are very rare in arena.

In short there's no 1-shot like the one you are referring to anymore.

Deleted
    speaking big crits and non 25% finishers, destro lock and moonkin

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say enhancement shaman have the biggest potential to randomly zap and blast away a huge chunk of your hp in an instant.

I'd say: Enha Sham > Boomkin > WW Monk > Frost Mage > MM Hunter > Destro Lock

Not sure bout 1 shots, but I gotta tell ya, I'm having so much fun at Timess Island after speccing my mage to Fire, go full crit and getting that +25% crit buff you get there.

Pretty much every single spell you cast crits giving you non stop heating up and pyroblast proccs, its pretty scary.

I'm gonna go with Enhance shaman also, ascendance causes your auto attacks to deal nature damage and buffs stormstrike to do the same, so it ignores that nice plate armor others have (Last I checked at least, assuming still since people are talking about it).

RIP Taste for Blood though, I loved it for PvE, even if it was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by quitefrankly View Post
    You mean like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5cXOw5kzNk

Fortunately for us, no class can do the same anymore. At least not with one spell. You might get bursted down in a few seconds by shamans, moonkins, destro, arcane mages, but good thing is the last 2 are very rare in arena.

In short there's no 1-shot like the one you are referring to anymore.
    I assumed there wouldn't be.
    (that's why I asked what comes the closest on live)

The only thing that comes close is a stormblast critical hit. However I have seen elemental shamans kill someone that was at 60% health in a matter of seconds with them procs. Not exactly one shot but damn it kills.

Nothing really comes that close anymore to a 1shot, but a few globals yea. Enhance doublecrit stormblast -> crit ele blast with all procs up and a WF proc in there can basically drop you 2 globals.

Closest thing to a 1shot would probably be chaos bolt -> havoc'd shadowburn crit. They both will hit at the same time and could probably kill someone 100% to 0 with everything up, but you would need a 2nd person in shadowburn range already which is pretty unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Enh Shaman would be the closest to Warriors pre fix. Just pop Ascendence and randomly do 50% of someone's life, especially Mages/Priests that aren't ready for it.

Ele Shaman is good too for burst, but it relies on procs, so if you get unlucky or you're bad at keeping Flame Shock up you're gonna have a hard time.

Other than that nothing can match Warrior burst from Taste for Blood. Destro Locks can Chaos Bolt for 200k+, but it's a 2 second cast that you'll never get off against decent teams unless you have amazing teammates, or your opponents just don't care. Moonkins can also do a lot of damage, but they're far less useful than Ele Shamans, so you're better off just playing Ele.

1 shot?
    Monk. ToD on an intervened target = dead warrior.

Deleted
    This is gonna be a long one but to answer the OPs question:
    - For on demand cooldown burst, Enhancement shaman is the most powerful, Ascendance with a full prideful enhancement that knows what he's doing is very scary
    - For random burst without cooldowns, Elemental shaman, Ele is the proc god of PvP, no other spec can make you hit the dirt so quickly and randomly that it makes them scary because you have no idea when that RNG could occur

Full prideful ele with 2 damage trinkets in bgs can be insane. I've literally globalled full geared players from godlike RNG procs and empty half of someones hp consistently without Ascendance. No other class or spec can do this much damage without a major offensive cooldown, this type of damage can come from nowhere which is the scariest part and why a lot of people fear Elemental shamans in BGs. Here's the damage output in the space of a couple of seconds vs an unmitigated player such as passive damage reduction not present:
    - Setup burst with flame shock, 7 stack LS, unleash flame (both trinkets will have procced, can add potion and berserking can be even more insane but not needed)
    - Cast elemental blast, with lava surge proc and fulmination
    - Ele blast and lava surge both benefit from unleash flame which is why this combo is so powerful

This is the typical burst window that a lot of ele shamans use but heres the damage with damage buffs but not including berserking, this is not possible without both damage trinkets being used:
    - Elemental Blast can crit upwards of 150k with full procs and gear
    - Fulmination can crit as high as around 130-150k
    - Lava Burst in this scenario can crit up to 110k, even higher with UF talent
    - Doesn't seem much but this doesn't include mastery procs which average around 60% of the original cast damage
    - It also doesn't include echo which is the tipping point for the 1shot RNJesus to occur
    - If Echo procs from Blast AND crits as well then you're looking at an extra 150k, it can proc on lava burst which is still heavy damage

Overall damage assuming best possible procs with averages:
    - 150k ele + 90k mastery proc + 150k ele echo proc
    - 110k lava burst + 70k mastery proc
    - 20k earth shock crit + 130k fulmination crit
    - Total of a possible 600-750k damage

This scenario is extremely rare even in raids where casts are constantly being thrown out, it is literally the pinnacle of RNG within 1 global timeframe. I very rarely echo ele blast and mastery proc with all of them critting...but it does happen. Frequently, I get very good procs, not quite enough to global someone like this but enough to burst them down before they even realise their health is low...then they sit there on there corpse, checking the combatlog for WTF just happened to them. I've seen other classes do the same without major cooldowns, spriest with good procs can do monstrous damage in a short window, boomkins can do a lot in a short window

The primary reason why I don't use CC trinket in BGs is because we have tremor for fear and sham rage for dispels such as stuns. We can effectively have 2 trinkets, this why I love my shaman in MoP that despite you getting trained constantly, you have the tools to play your character if you use them properly unlike other classes which rely too much on the CC trinket.

Enhancement stormblast crits can go as high as 300k with ele blast critting up to 200k.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2014-08-02 at 02:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Closest thing to a 1shot would probably be chaos bolt -> havoc'd shadowburn crit. They both will hit at the same time and could probably kill someone 100% to 0 with everything up, but you would need a 2nd person in shadowburn range already which is pretty unlikely.
    The only thing that makes that unlikely though is that the second person is probably already dead

Setting that up is trivial - but you only need that first kill to win in 3v3 - so setting up a one-shot on a second person is just a 3 second window where they might get healed out of execute or blow a cooldown.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    getting 250k-260k chaos bolts in rbgs are always nice

550i wwMonk and was trained by this lock earlier in the week...not a 1-shot but i fell almost instantly from 75%+ health, wish i had more combat log it was nuts