Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would take a expansion to do it, but I for one would like to see a "armor / ability design" feature akin to City of Heroes. The model would unlock when you got the loot and be modifiable via Transmog sort of like Nictus infused Romulus granting you his sword as a model and for beating him.

If you have the CM set, you can set it to any of these colors. Mage Tier? Red? Blue? Purple?

Play a Priest? Do you want Sha energy power pool colors or regular?

The list goes on, but that would be an amazing thing.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2014-08-04 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    It is kinda funny how in many cases, the color(s) they left out were also the best ones. This is the kind of thing that makes me wish they would add armor dyes, or more realistically, allow us to buy statless gear pieces of the unreleased colors by using an item using the same model with one of the obtainable colors.
    They do that with mounts as well.

The skyscreamer is a great example...

The top two look friggin' amazing. But unless they pop in on Zandalar as mounts... we're probably going to be stuck with the orange and blue one...
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-08-04 at 11:00 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They do that with mounts as well.

The skyscreamer is a great example...

http://www.millenium.org/images/cont...amer_01_hd.jpg

The top two look friggin' amazing. But unless they pop in on Zandalar as mounts... we're probably going to be stuck with the orange and blue one...
    Yeah, they do tend to do that a lot. Create a bunch of recolors of a set/mount/weapon, only ever make one or two of them available to players. Green fire hawk mount comes to mind. Armored Bloodwing had a few recolors too, I think. I'm also pretty sure that the dark phoenix did as well. Just watch that mage T6 recolor being added to the list of sets that are added just to be worn by an NPC, leaving those who like the set wishing it'd be something more.

I feel like adding the recolors as rewards from stuff like Darkmoon Faire, some new feature (Timewalker dungeons?), or just on a vendor to buy with the already available colors would be great. Perhaps someone should make a suggestion for the future
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Yeah, they do tend to do that a lot. Create a bunch of recolors of a set/mount/weapon, only ever make one or two of them available to players. Green fire hawk mount comes to mind. Armored Bloodwing had a few recolors too, I think. I'm also pretty sure that the dark phoenix did as well. Just watch that mage T6 recolor being added to the list of sets that are added just to be worn by an NPC, leaving those who like the set wishing it'd be something more.

I feel like adding the recolors as rewards from stuff like Darkmoon Faire, some new feature (Timewalker dungeons?), or just on a vendor to buy with the already available colors would be great. Perhaps someone should make a suggestion for the future
    They should put them in as relevant rewards for completing timewalker dungeons.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Dyes, I want dyes.
    Gimme gimme gimme, no idea why Blizzard hasn't done this already.

10+ Year Old Account
    There used to be a version of the Monk T16 without a Robe on the PTR. It never hit the live servers:

Also this white version of the Rogue T12:

Personally I think they should implement the "Dye System" that lets you choose between the colour options they've already made.

You go out into the world, gather the right dyes through Dungeons, Raids, Scenarios, Pet Battles, Gathering Professions, Arena & Battlegrounds and take them to an NPC very much like the Transmogrification guy, and hand them over and get each piece dyed to the appropriate colour.

It wouldn't require Blizzard to adjust the entire Armour System, but to just keep making re-colours of gear. It'd be a very similar system to the Transmogrification System, and with Mythic, Heroic & Normal, and Looking for Raid having their own Tier Sets then I think this makes perfect sense. No more 4 versions of the same thing, just two but offering ~6 different colours.

This'd also mean it'd automatically work for all older tiers as well, as long as they had re-colour options in the game.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The recoloured Field Marshal's regalia! It's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post

The recoloured Field Marshal's regalia! It's awesome!
    As warrior, you can get it. Its lieutenant commander/knight lvl 60 set.

I would like to see

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post

I would like to see
    Yes, but can only xmog it if you have the right lvl pvp from waaaaaaaaaay back in the day.

And yes they really need more shield options.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post

I would like to see

Ah yes, but only if you have the title

I do love that shield yeah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Yes, but can only xmog it if you have the right lvl pvp from waaaaaaaaaay back in the day.

And yes they really need more shield options.
    Nope,atm you only need 1800 or 2k RBG rating achi from whenever,and weps/armor work for transmog,found out about it randomly in a transmog thread :P

OT - I'd like the hunter white/gray CM version and that mini-gun from Ulduar patch that never made it live,was the best animated gun yet,and they left it as a npc/boss item that I don't think even any npc/boss used it...such a waste

Edit- This gun!

in modelwiever http://www.wowhead.com/item=41613/mo...ar#modelviewer
    Last edited by Miloscub; 2014-08-04 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    Nope,atm you only need 1800 or 2k RBG rating achi from whenever,and weps/armor work for transmog,found out about it randomly in a transmog thread :P

OT - I'd like the hunter white/gray CM version and that mini-gun from Ulduar patch that never made it live,was the best animated gun yet,and they left it as a npc/boss item that I don't think even any npc/boss used it...such a waste

Edit- This gun!

in modelwiever http://www.wowhead.com/item=41613/mo...ar#modelviewer
    Pity such weapons never make it into the game. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said. ALL OF THEM!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post

Seems to be alot of Blue versions of gear from FL that were unreleased.
    I really like the blue Warrior T12, especially on Horde races.

We may be gettign some good news.

In WoD, we may be getting the Caharacter Creation armor sets!

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Blizzard has a really bad habit of putting in incomplete tier sets.

Take, for instance, the white Crystalforge armor for paladins. I thionk the belt used to drop in BC Zul'Aman, but they have since removed it with Zul'Aman raid no longer available.
    They did that with the helm for the red Amani Shaman set you could buy in Shattrath, since the head dropped off one of the bosses, which annoyed me because I was never high enough level to do ZA back in BC on my hunter, but the rest of the set was simple JP rewards. Thank god they eventually added the Brittle Flamereaver set so I could finally finish it off, with a nice new bow to fit the set too.

I read that the T5 Armor sets would gte acco,mpaning weapons to get along with the style; however, only some of the classes actually got their weapons.

They should make these sets available somehow, but not too easy to obtain either

Last edited by Wrien; 2014-12-08 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Challenge mode recolors. Every single set came in 3 versions, why they didn't add them as additional rewards from the vendor is beyond me.

I literally cannot think of 1 good reason. Eh, maybe somebody can tweet them about it.