Poll: Do we need scenarios?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I thought the scenarios involved with ToT and whatnot were great.

The VP farms, not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I mean if they helped get me gear at all sure but as they were this expansion no useless never do them

Deleted
    yes they where a good thing to tell lore - sadly all the mmoc nubs dont like lore....

I've done a fair share of scenarios when I was lacking a small amount of Valor and mostly because of the quick queue times. As such I'd be very happy if Blizzard put seasonal event bosses in scenarios, rather than dungeons. Quick and simple so you can do it on multiple characters very quickly.

In the state they are now. No we really didn't need them at all. Dungeons could have easily served the purpose of heroic scenarios like they did in the past. Personal scenarios (Like the Isle of Thunder chain) I don't mind. I'd like if they expanded off that type of scenario instead of the Mini Dungeon type.

Dungeons are more fun.

If Blizzard want to show us "lore" in the better way, then they should make more cool quests with scenes. (like the Wrathgate)

So:
    Solo scenarios - ok.
    Scenarios for 3 people - why? 3x DPS is kinda... pointless.

Love the solo ones. I'm a lock and hope that every class ones day gets something like the green fire chain (despite that I don't care for the green fire). They remind me of the ultra long class quests Blizz did during Vanilla and I'd like to see scenarios used like that through the leveling process.

As a group thing, I found them meh. When they were initially implemented I was a blood dk. Sadly that meant that scenarios were crazy easy for me, I really didn't even need the two other people. Doing them now I still don't feel the draw too them and I'm not sure they are always faster than some of the 5 mans. I can do the SM 5s in about the same amount of time.

I would like to see them tone down the number of 3 man versions and increase the number of solo scenarios and make them in the world like dungeons. Even if its just an NPC you talk to who ques you up. I will admit though the 5th time going into Isle of thunder I really didn't want to do the scenarios again, wish you could get a skip option after the first couple play throughs. That isl of thunder opener is really slow as a tank/healer pally in very mediocre gear.

I'm at a loss for people who find 5 mans to be time consuming or long; in run time or que time. One out of 50 or so for me turns into a "wtf is going on here" 5man. Even with a lowly geared group I never found the MoP ones to be time consuming or hard unless someone had ZERO clue and even then it wasn't that bad. I don't like that new 5s aren't added. I've always enjoyed 5mans and would love to see more. I still run 5mans for valor on my highly geared guys. Takes no time I blow them apart and the people you run with are normally pretty grateful. 5 to 10 min que and 15 min MAX for any of them except the stupid Seige of Niuzao temple.

Scenarios are garbage.

I'll always favor the tank/heal/dps trinity for group content, the concept of "no one needs a tank or healer" always universally results in more boring and less interesting content and weak-ass mechanics because if those hits can hit anybody they do no damage and that sort of thing. Game is far more dynamic and interesting with the trinity.

Scenarios were a complete waste of development time and resources trying to cater to DPS who complain because they only want to play the most mind numbing and common role in the game but their queues suck because literally everyone is a DPS instead of something useful. Scenarios exist solely to pacify those DPS whinerbabies who don't understand queue tanks are long because everyone is playing the same role as them.

People only do them now to quickly valor cap because they are so excessively easy and simple you can queue up with 2 Bidoofs and still steamroll it for all that valor. Without the high valor-per-time ratio that heroic scenarios have, I don't think anyone would ever do one for any reason.

Solo scenarios are pretty cool as a story-telling mechanic , but honestly the exact same thing could be done in outdoor world zones without needing a scenario for it just by using some phasing. Also solo scenarios are far too often a gate you have to pass through to do something you need to do on multiple characters like all the ones you had to do for the cloak quest and isle of thunder and such. Any scenario, no matter how good, gets old as shit after you're forced to do it a dozen times.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were cool, I really enjoyed them and hope we get more. At a few points at certain times during Mists I only had 2 other people to run content with and old raids can get old fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    My valor points definitely did. ;P

It also allows storylines to be created in the game without a large plot/quest line. Which is sorta nice.