Thread: WOD Feral PvE

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

WOD Feral PvE

So I've seen lots of topics about WOD balance, but far less on feral.. if any at all.

I'm in beta myself, but can't make a premade copy yet (eu). So I haven't been really testing stuff myself.
    Hows feral in PvE, hows the playstyle looking? what lvl 100 talent will we be using? is it more fun as balance now?

Let me know

It's pretty fucked up right now. Basically bear thrash is our best bleed atm so it's all about keeping that up. You of course still want rip, rake and SR up all the time too. This will get fixed when they remove the mastery scaling from bear thrash.

As for talents you want Incarnation because there's a bug where you get 5 combo points per shred (if you're using the 5 cp SR glyph). For lvl 100 you want Blood Talons because you want Bear Thrash, and Rip, buffed. Remember that Blood Talons is the only snapshotting left for us now. You can in other words apply SR after you applied a bleed and the bleed will start hitting harder. Cat-man provides an extra 5% damage which is ok, but moonfire will just tickle the enemy.

There's so many bugs for feral right now. You want to open in stealth with a rake because for some reason you get a longer duration SR than if you would have opened with a shred. Rake consumes both charges of your Blood Talons, so make sure to only use it when you have one charge left. I don't know if they've fixed it yet but swipe gives one base combo point and then one extra combo point for every critted target. So you can get 5 combo points if you swipe once and it crits on 4 targets.

So yeah, feral is very volatile on the beta right now. You can play it for fun but most of the spec will change before live.

Hmm I was actually just on live.. learning to play feral as it looks like I'll be playing my druid in WoD..

And I learned that.. Dreams of Cenarious (Blood talons in wod), for whatever reason, POUNCE consumes both charges of DoC.. looks like this is a live bug that made it over into beta wod with the rake change (rake = pounce from stealth) etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    Hmm I was actually just on live.. learning to play feral as it looks like I'll be playing my druid in WoD..

And I learned that.. Dreams of Cenarious (Blood talons in wod), for whatever reason, POUNCE consumes both charges of DoC.. looks like this is a live bug that made it over into beta wod with the rake change (rake = pounce from stealth) etc...
    It is a bug, but not the same one that pounce has on live. The issue with pounce doesn't matter anyways since pounce should never be used in a PvE opener.

On-Topic: Rioo pretty much summed it up, feral is hardly worth testing much right now because there are a ton of bugs/tuning issues. Many things that I do now while raid testing I won't be doing on live because the bugs will be fixed

Deleted
    I haven't really done much serious testing on feral yet either due to the bugs mentioned above. That being said our DPS seems a little on the low side at the moment so I expect it may get a small buff in the numbers tuning.

Still feels weird not having mangle but slowly getting used to it...

If you are waiting for feral love , you will have to wait a few more patches. The days when we topped the meters (hello no hardcap arpen) are gone. Loosing tranquility worries me a lot, i really see no point in playing a druid in WoD other than the love for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    You can in other words apply SR after you applied a bleed and the bleed will start hitting harder.
    That part is not a bug and it makes no sense of any kind.

I did not say it was a bug, I brought it up because it's a really big change.

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    I haven't really done much serious testing on feral yet either due to the bugs mentioned above. That being said our DPS seems a little on the low side at the moment so I expect it may get a small buff in the numbers tuning.

Still feels weird not having mangle but slowly getting used to it...
    Really? I got used to mangle being gone right away.

And feral single target is more than fine, maybe even on the strong side, its just our AoE that's messed up. Bear Thrash does absurd amounts of damage and Cat Swipe / Cat Thrash are terrible. There's also tons of bugs they haven't fixed yet, especially in AoE, and they make it pretty hard to test damage output or gameplay in any serious fashion.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I did not say it was a bug, I brought it up because it's a really big change.
    Yeh I just wanted to point that out to the other readers. It's a really bizarre change and I'd like to here the reasoning behind it.

i believe SR and TF are both supposed to snapshot our bleeds.

TF yes, SR no; their decision changed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Really? I got used to mangle being gone right away.

And feral single target is more than fine, maybe even on the strong side, its just our AoE that's messed up. Bear Thrash does absurd amounts of damage and Cat Swipe / Cat Thrash are terrible. There's also tons of bugs they haven't fixed yet, especially in AoE, and they make it pretty hard to test damage output or gameplay in any serious fashion.

With all the bugs I don't see how you can tell anything unless you are just simming and removing the bugs from the sim.

You can completely avoid all bugs on single target simply by not using Bloodtalons or Glyph of Savage Roar. On AoE, you can't because Primal Fury is really broken with Swipe, and Swipe and Thrash are severely undertuned.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    You can completely avoid all bugs on single target simply by not using Bloodtalons or Glyph of Savage Roar. On AoE, you can't because Primal Fury is really broken with Swipe, and Swipe and Thrash are severely undertuned.

Seems strange that so much is still broken. LI seems especially worrisome although I know most of the top posters are going to play DoC.

To all the BETA players, how does feral feel right now? for the add on i'm playing a meele dps class and i have a monk, warrior or feral. i was playing tanks in all these classes and i think the most fun is feral right now. how is the dps now? with the changes it loos easier to play (?)
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the main stat everybody is going for right now with the Crit bonus we get? Still mastery?

Read something about stacking Multistrike on TFD forums

Deleted
    priority stats feral svp ?

Crit/Mastery > Multistrike > Vers >>> Haste is a rough current stat priority (this will change!).