Thread: Beta acces.

Deleted

Beta acces.

Hey guys! So i little question about beta access and same goes for HOTS. A few of my friends have got access to both and i was wondering lately how and why they got both and actually many friends of mine got it. Like 4 or 5 and within the same week of eachother. All 5 of WoD pre ordered and only 2 of them played WoW for longer then 3 years.

Now i might be unlucky, but my sub ended and i haven't renewed it. Since there is a content drought and i don't have the money atm to pre order WoD yet and keep my sub up for nothing is useless. But i do how ever still play hearthstone each day and a few RoS games in between.

Now like i said, i might be unlucky, but since i had a sub with blizzard since TBC, almost every collector's edition of each game they released, going back to WC3 and Diablo 2 are all attached to my account and yet i have no access. So do you have to have WoD pre ordered to get access to these beta's or is it actually luck based? Am i just going paranoid over here? Does anyone here have beta access without actually having pre ordered and with no current sub atm or is it just my wishfull thinking?

Here's a thread where I asked a similar question: [Survey] Beta Participants: Did you pre-order? Thought it might help.

Basically, it seems that preordering, and sometimes even being subbed, has no effect on who gets chosen.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Here's a thread where I asked a similar question: [Survey] Beta Participants: Did you pre-order? Thought it might help.

Basically, it seems that preordering, and sometimes even being subbed, has no effect on who gets chosen.
    Allright. Well it seems strange to me because all of the 5 people i know all had WoD pre ordered and all 5 got acces to HOTS and WoD beta.

Deleted
    I preordered, have been in all betas since BC(not included) and got no beta access this time, I've also been playing since I believe two months before TBC came out but I just came back to the game after not playing for like a year I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Allright. Well it seems strange to me because all of the 5 people i know all had WoD pre ordered and all 5 got acces to HOTS and WoD beta.
    Noone I know, have Beta access to WoD or HotS, with the exception of myself, who have Wod beta but not HotS..

Everyone I know, who play WoW have pre-purchased WoD...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/