Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[WoD] New Teleport/Portal spells (Topic updated)

As the title says, are there no new teleport or portal spells to learn for mages in WoD?

-For example: garrison, ashran...maybe even karabor/bladespire.

Maybe they´re not implemented yet, or maybe blizzard thinks that every mage builds the mage tower (like every other person).

What do you think?

*Thread update: new Teleports/portals do exist. You can still continue talking about them in this thread though.*
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2014-08-19 at 02:20 PM.

We're probably getting one and it's NYI, the one to the Shrine didn't even have a unique icon for many patches, nor did it fit into the teleport/portal popout box ; -;

As long as Ancient Dalaran doesn't go away, I'm okay with whatever they add.

We were kinda lost with the MoP portal too, so there just might be a portal spell coming later on. Either that or they think HS to your garrison is enough.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've found a Stormshield mage teleport effect, it's just missing the actual spells that we click.

Also a Warspear one, but it's currently copy/paste Stormshield with a different name. I'd expect to see them fairly soon.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2014-08-12 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully with an appropriate graphic for the portal, looking at shattrath for an entire expansion has just been daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk357 View Post
    Hopefully with an appropriate graphic for the portal, looking at shattrath for an entire expansion has just been daft.
    I don't know if you're aware of this but we've had an icon which does not look like Shattrath for about 20 months now.
    They changed it in Patch 5.3, in May of 2013...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't know if you're aware of this but we've had an icon which does not look like Shattrath for about 20 months now.
    That's true, but its not like May 2013 was right after MoP released either. That's kind of a long time for a silly little icon to get fixed. Not a priority, obviously, but still.

I definitely hope this one has its own icon from launch, I just wanted to say it hasn't been like that for an "entire expansion" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post

Icon sure, but unless I'm doing something wrong the portal itself still shows Shatt (though I think I saw it being fixed in WoD beta finally).
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2014-08-15 at 10:51 PM.

Oh that's what you meant, I hadn't thought of that.
    Yeah it is pretty silly.

I can confirm that the Vale portal is in fact different on beta

Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually looks quite nice all things considered. Pretty iconic looking portal.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Actually looks quite nice all things considered. Pretty iconic looking portal.
    Yeah, it's definitely updated quite nicely and all "omgHDremakewoot". There's actually a few other spells that got some extra flair, like Frostbolt.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Too bad the Vale doesn't look like that anymore.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Oh, so nice, it took them half of the expansion to update the icon and whole expansion to update visual

That's kinda hilariously sad that it still shows Shattrath...didn't even notice it until now either lol.

At least it's cool that they're fixing it for WoD now that the expansion is over?

I wanted to ask, what portals do Garrisons have? Maybe devs think that Garrison portals will be enough? Andas I understand Garrison has portal to Ashcan by default?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    That's kinda hilariously sad that it still shows Shattrath...didn't even notice it until now either lol.

At least it's cool that they're fixing it for WoD now that the expansion is over?
    Cool? Don't think so, for me it's sad because it shos level of attention Blizzard has toward Mages. But it's not a new topic, it's a feeling I have since MoP announcement Blizzacon and it's talents, then it was streightened by level 75 and 90 talents, lack of visuals upgrade, lack of improvement of specs ratations.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    I wanted to ask, what portals do Garrisons have? Maybe devs think that Garrison portals will be enough? Andas I understand Garrison has portal to Ashcan by default?
    <NOTE: All specific information below is for Alliance/Garrisons at Shadowmoon Valley>

I can confirm the Garrison has Ashran in the tower near your Mine (between the Mine and Fishing Shack, at least on a Level 3 Garrison; I didn't explore too much on Level 1 and I skipped Level 2 completely). There also is a portal VERY close by but outside your Garrison to Stormwind, but I'm not sure if that's because of beta or not; I'm putting money on that it is part of beta because there doesn't seem to be anything but a giant crashed boat there.

However, for one of your large plots can be reserved for a Mage Tower, which allows you to use "Ogre Waygates". I don't know much about them though, but it seems like it's a convenience-type portal system, though it's kind of a waste since as Mages, we can put our Hearthstone closer to the opposite side of our Garrison as a 15m portal across the continent, and should there be a quick portal to Draenor from Stormwind (or Orgrimmar), well, again, we're Mages, so that gives us not only our 20m Garrison Hearthstone, but also allows us to take a slightly longer way of teleporting to SW, taking the portal to SMV, then just riding a quick ride to our Garrison. It shouldn't be too bad. Plus, well, if gold CMs give the portals just like MoP did... :3

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Waygates are set locations in the other zones on Draenor. Only one way, so you have to get back to your Garrison by your own means. The two I know offhand are slightly south of Highmaul and one in the middle of Frostfire Ridge, at least for Alliance. I assume there's a SMV one for Horde.