Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Stat squish - Is it final?

Like the title says, anyone know anything about the stat squish numbers state? Are they "done adjusting" them? And I don't mean about the dps balance between classes, I mean the actual numbers.
    They went down a lot from the current live values but still seems pretty high at end game. In the 660 pvp gear, hp is around 250k and 25k+ dps which isn't far off how it started in Pandaland.
    I was looking forward to BC - WotLK'ish numbers.

Probably pretty close to final.

Remember that HP is the worst possible stat to use to compare, because in addition to the squish they also totally revamped the way HP scales due to the removal of baseline resilience.

Compare:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=91660 <-- MoP season 1 PvP item
    vs
    http://wod.wowhead.com/item=111075 <-- WoD season 1 PvP item

Yeah it is very disappointing in my opinion as well, was hoping to TBC numbers/early wotlk numbers, this DPS is like Firelands/Dragon Soul already, no?

I'd really like to see them squish them a little more, and reduce the Health Pools. I was really hoping for Wrath numbers, this doesn't feel like this goes far enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    question, are any of you people that think "the squish doesnt go far enough", in the beta? because to me it just seems like a bunch of paranoia and misunderstandings about how the squish actually works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

25k DPS is less than half of what we did in heroic dungeon MoP gear. Numbers seem to be final regarding the squish.

From 1-60 is already linear and they kept that line to calculate the current numbers. If they would use TBC numbers for WoD, leveling from 60-100 would feel the same as 60-70 does now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    question, are any of you people that think "the squish doesnt go far enough", in the beta? because to me it just seems like a bunch of paranoia and misunderstandings about how the squish actually works.
    I am in the beta yes, on a premade pvp frost dk I sit at 250k hp and doing 20k dps to a dummy with no enchants. Seems like they could have done so much better with the squish.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    I am in the beta yes, on a premade pvp frost dk I sit at 250k hp and doing 20k dps to a dummy with no enchants. Seems like they could have done so much better with the squish.
    You're looking at lvl 100 numbers. They made it linear from 1-90 and goes up exponentially to and through 100. On live it is linear from 1-60 and then exponentially from 61-90. DPS on 90s transferred to beta is between 2-10k dps from what I've tested on all my toons/specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    much better than sitting with 500k hp and doing 300k dps
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

I think the squish was okay for the 1-90, but it shot through the roof again in WOD, I mean, you start with about 50k HP in the 500ilev gear, but go upwards to 200k (dps jumps at about the same pace), in first tier gear mind you, tbc and WotLK had mild jumps, this one has insane jump just like cata and mop, if they wanted a squish that will last more than one expansion, they shouldnt have made such ridiculous jumps in power, because we are already above the early cata numbers and will be deep into MoP numbers by the end of expansion. They might aswell start prepping another squish for the next expansion at this rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you then know what the point of the squish was, as per Blizzards reason? seems if you can answer that question, we can look more into the numbers and how they fit in the grand scheme of things.

the message you are telling me is "blizzards said reduction in stats, i assumed they meant every stat would resemble wrath stats because reasons". when there are multiple factors at play here, and all the different facets of the squish have to be considered in order to understand it.

gear stats are noticeably smaller.
    health pools dont scale in the same manner that other stats do. mainly for pvp reasons.
    whats most important, the feeling we have when the 6.2 tier comes out and we change from 6.0 gear into 6.2 gear. will stats inflate drastically or more evenly?
    can players notice an increase of power without having to see practically double or even triple their health/DPS numbers that we have been used to for numerous tiers now?

health pools may increase, but since they are on what i understand as a different kind of scaling, its not a good indicator of the whole story.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

lets see, we have multiple tiers of gear per tier, which is going to lead to massive inflation (again).

THAT is the entire reason we HAVE a squish. So what is the point of doing a squish when we're just going to have the same problem again later?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am, and yes they need to squish more imo.

I was hoping for TBC numbers, but who knows, as we all know, nothing is ever final with Blizz until release, and thats a good thing.

Yeah it's really lame, one of my biggest disappointments in this expansion of disappointments, I was hoping that we'd atleast get down to cata health if not more (WOTLKish would have been my sweet spot).

How do you know they aren't going to squish again next expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    True, but I fear that at the end of expansion we will run into the same thing (obviously not so ridiculous but not far off). Health is already very high and dps like in other expansions will skyrocket near the end of it. As for xpacs beyond wod they will have to do it again without any doubt.
    Last edited by mmoc99a1d430b1; 2014-08-03 at 06:50 PM.

The only way they could squish more is if they squish the gear starting from Pandaria Quest gear to Warforged Heroic. Even with squish best T16 gear has twice the stats of best T14 gear. If they squish the low levels more than they already have there's barely gonna be any upgrades when you level.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I am, and yes they need to squish more imo.

I was hoping for TBC numbers, but who knows, as we all know, nothing is ever final with Blizz until release, and thats a good thing.
    Hoping you're right about them still tweaking it. I linked this leather chest piece the other week and it was written off as "just an example item that might not be reflective of the stats in this expansion" but if that turns out to be t19 mythic gear, we're looking at being back at MSV DPS levels again before the expansion's even done.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Which didn't happen outside of special mechanics on certain bosses. When people reached 300k over a ~6m fight, DPS specs were already around 700-750k HP.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

It's not final but it is pretty close to it, the HP will stay the same, it's intended to be way higher than dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappyjoe View Post
    How do you know they aren't going to squish again next expansion?
    They are going to have to do this every expansion with their new system. We will probably see around the same numbers every expansion from here on out.