Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    That seems like a really, unrealistic number tbh. The half are botters.
    You think there's 3.4 million bot accounts? That's the more realistic scenario for you? Is this what the world sounds like to you?
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Seems lots jumped into defence mode, but there was never no attack!
    This may for the first time since the fourth week in vanilla, I stopped my two active accounts! to put it quite simply....I ran out of steam, the fire went out.
    I do not ridicule any one for playing any game they enjoy!
    Was I shocked that wow only lost 800k ? yes I was, but my main question was and still is valid.

What keeps your fires burning.

Yeah...looking at your Sig, the way you posted, and previous posts...Can't imagine why anyone jumped into defense mode.

Still raiding SoO, unhappily, but willingly on 2 chars and making gold to prep for WoD. I tried Wildstar but I realized after rushing to 50 in the first 24 hours and playing the "End Game Content" for all of 8 minutes that it was terrible. PvP was the worst I've seen in recent history and PvE was not hardcore...it was just extremely unforgiving.

I didn't play for most of MOP... I came back a few months ago.

Started on new server, got into PVP
    Started RAF account
    Levelled alts - Have 4 level 90s on new server - One of them fully PVP geared, the others meh.
    Made 2 level 70 twinks out of the characters i used for RAF boosting
    Soloing and 2manning old content (at level70) - Gruuls lair 2manned - Prot Warrior/Shaman
    Solo'd Attunmen (Prot Warrior), Magisters Terrace HC and most other 5mans at level 70.

I mean, there is a whole bunch of stuff there to do if you remove your mentality from "Farm/Progress current raid content until bored". I love challenging myself and I love pwning noobs in low level PVP (which isn't challenging hah). Next project is to get Tank Proving Grounds Gold as an Arms Warrior, 2manning Magtheridon with the lvl70 twinks... I need to get around to do challenge modes at some point too.

Lots to do even without new content.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I'm still progressing in SOO, so why wouldn't I continue to play?
    This - just got Garrosh Normal down... also lots of other stuff I've barely started in MoP.

Only 800k honestly ? what the hell are you playing!

Is there some secret part of the game I don't know about ?
    Are players just letting subs roll over till WOD ?

I'd really like to know why your still playing, or more important what your playing?
    Because it's a game with a significant social aspect. People log on to connect and play with friends all around the world. Something facebook or social media cannot provide.

My wife and I quit due to school, work, and bills taking all our monies. I've been trying to find a new mmo for a while, I'm in the middle of my wildstar trial and at first I was all this is it!!, then today i'm like wow i'm level 10 and bored. Annnnd I just logged into to my level 6 orc war on my wow trial account xD

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you really asking this?

People play because they enjoy it, end of story. If you don't, then stop.

There's no need to make a thread like this. It's pathetic really, don't you have anything better to do with your life?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    You think there's 3.4 million bot accounts? That's the more realistic scenario for you? Is this what the world sounds like to you?
    I have no idea what that song is intended for one. Second, No I do not. The guy I quoted does. I was saying his assumption that half of the 6.8million accounts are nothing but bots is really unrealistic.

Deleted
    @ Novx

If we are all judged solely on our past.......what future is left for any of us.

@ Orangetai420

Don't know if that was a slur at the whole forum or just me......but the result was the same

@ Novx

If we are all judged solely on our past.......what future is left for any of us.
    Yeah...past...

Well I think everyone is to kind in giving a reason. Its no ones business why you play a game you pay for. Op I play because its fun for me that's why. Btw I also play wildstar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Because it's true ? Millions of persons litteraly still have fun playing this game. Being for PVE or PVP.
    I think what some of us wonder is "If you've played since MoP release, what's left to do?" At least I wonder that. But then, I played consistently since release. I did all the daily crap, the various raid tiers when they were current, etc. So, by time I saw Garrosh die, I was done. I didn't have anything left to do that I wanted to do. Sure, I could have leveled alts or geared my toons a bit more (my best character is 544) but... why? I was done with PVE. So Mini and I and others quite honestly wonder wtf there is left to do. Again for myself, I've played since late Vanilla, so saying "Run old raids/do achievements" etc... doesn't work. Been there, done that (what I wanted to) and I've seen a 2.5-3 years of this end of the expansion gap. Consider that... the cumulative time I've spent in game at the end of expansions is longer than any single expansion in total...

On the 800,000 number.... it's 800k NET. Some people who took time off earlier came back... so more than 800k people left, it's just that some of them were offset by others returning. I wouldn't be surprised if 1M left and 200k came back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    Well I think everyone is to kind in giving a reason. Its no ones business why you play a game you pay for. Op I play because its fun for me that's why. .
    The OP's question is what do you find fun... since it's been a year without content, it's kind of amazing to some of us that anyone can find new stuff to do at this point.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-08-07 at 05:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heirloom collecting. There is soo much to do in mop. (pun intended)

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt spend time playing WoW, spends time trolling WoW forums. I can see the logic in the thinking of the OP. Trolling MMC forums is free but getting mom to keep paying your sub for WoW every month is hard mode. See ya in WoD kid.
    Here come the Irish.

I log in to do a heroic once a day and play the Beta.

The only thing left to do really is Warcraft Logs rankings at this point.

But why do people go play golf or bowling? They gather with friends and do something.. doesn't always have to be new to be fun.

Deleted
    Actually I just started doing something I never really did in WoW before: PvP. It's what keeps me interested throughout the SoO Burnout

Deleted
    I'm still farming heroic heirlooms from garrosh every week and completed my full warforged best in slot gear. As the beta showed me, I only replaced two of my items during leveling with nagrand pieces that rolled epic and the garrosh heirloom scaled to ilvl 633, which is very good. I guess I will take this one into the first tier of raiding.

That aside I still have fun smashing through heroic SoO, even if I've got it on farm since january. Since my guild stopped raiding a while ago, I'm helping out on other groups every week to see other raids perspectives and meet new people. All while having only one short night of raiding. Good times.

I always played WoW for the PvP and the collection of some rare mounts or gear.

Raiding takes less than 5% of my play.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-07 at 07:39 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not?

Over the last 10 yrs:

I have amassed over 1000 books. At an Average cost of $6 that puts me about $6000

Mods to my car (not repairs) roughly $8000

Fishing probably has ran me about $2500 (license, gas, bait, tackle)

Camping has easily put me over $5k (gas, food, etc etc etc)

Movies I have gone about 20x at a cost of $50 a shot $1000 for an average of 40 hrs worth of entertainment

9 years of WOW comes out to $1614 for UNLIMITED play. (I do not include computer/Internet in the cost cause I would have those regardless)