Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nope, would leave instantly. Other mmo's went the route of making things unnecessarily difficult. Hell I left during cataclysm for that very reason. I'm a solo player, guildless and all. I don't get my jollies off by a challenge, I play to relax and to me relaxing isn't doing something hard. Hell I'd pay more for easier difficulty. Or at least I'd pay more for gear to be less of a factor of your stats.

I would love to have more difficult dungeons in addition to the regular ones ("Mythic Dungeons"?), as an alternative to LFR (but still below Normal raiding).
    However, I definitely wouldn't pay extra for it -- and if the game came to that point of monetization, I would probably reevaluate playing at all.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

People who forget they are minority complaining that parts of the game are trying to cater to a wide variety of players.
    Just elitism, nothing else.
    The completion rates show that the difficulty is there.
    The 100m sprint isn't "easy" just because Usain Bolt excels at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    If you compare $15 per month with other forms of entertainment such as a movie, a concert or a sporting event, it's probably great value and rather cheap. If you compare the same $15 per month with other games, whether it be other MMO's or even a MOBA or an RPG, WOW seriously lacks value. So my answer is an affirmative - no fucking way.
    7 million customers say you're wrong.

Level a character using only grey / white items that you find off mobs, free questing hardmode.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    But the rest of the game basically hasn't. The rest of the game is imo in shambles in terms of difficulty.
    - questing
    - dungeoneering
    - scenario's
    Short of scaling people's ilvl, I don't know if this is technically possible anymore. When raiders are running around doing 400%+ more DPS than someone in quest greens, how do you enforce any difficulty in this type of content?

they already did - by making for the first time since TBC last tier of expansion without zone wide nerfs - and u can see resoult of +/-2 mln subs lost already since 5.4 release (if so many claim that this tier is so amazing then why so many people quit such amazing raid) - cant wait what this politics will bring them in q3 maybe they need another -1 mln subs before they admit not nerfing to cater to 0.001% was a mistake?.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-08-06 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't think sub fees need to be higher.

Much of the difficulty of the game lies in having to rely on other people.

Whoever plays 25 man Heroic knows this. In the vast majority of wipes, there really was nothing you could do if the weakest link in your raid decides to drop Garrosh's Dessecrate right on top of the tank. It is outside of yout action zone, really. All you can do is suck it up, yell to the dumbass who screwed up and hope he won't do it again.

Oh, recruit better people!!111 Yeah, that is the other difficult part, actually finding all 25 people that would not do this sort of thing.

This is the real difficulty of the game. Having to rely on other people. Having to deal with the social aspect.

Challenging solo content? I am all for it. We actually have some of it in the game, actually. I would not pay more for this, though.

Considering a heirloomed out tank class can solo everything aspect of the game aside from raids while leveling... that's ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

If they also increased the variety in the experience, then I'd be willing to pay at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I wouldn't. If you desire a more difficult experience for questing then adjust your gear. If you want a more difficult experience for dungeons go run challenge modes. If you want more difficult scenarios then start a small guild with players like yourself that are up for doing scenarios in less-than-optimal gear. That works for dungeons too if you can find five people.

You can make your own difficulty level if it's so important that you might be willing to pay extra for it. People go on about it like it's the most important thing in the game but refuse to swap out a few purple items for greens to make that happen. Or alternately just put your trinkets, helm and shoulders in your bag. Instant difficulty for no cost and no bother to anyone else other than anyone you're grouped with who should be in on the idea.

If that's how you want to play then make it happen. Don't blame Blizzard because you can't be bothered to simply lower your ilevel with a few pieces of gear.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-08-06 at 07:32 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I know this won't be done. So it is a pure hypothetical thread/question.

Currently Heroic raiding is where the difficulty is good (afaik). PvP only has one mode of difficulty, so thats good too.

But the rest of the game basically hasn't. The rest of the game is imo in shambles in terms of difficulty.
    - questing
    - dungeoneering
    - scenario's

These things are basically the things I like doing most. But they are all on a serious annoying level of stupidness.

So let's say Blizzard would actually listen to all the people wanting to have a game more suited towards their skills and time? Blizzard claims they will lose many subscribers that way if they would.

So would you be willing to pay more on a monthly basis to counter the loss of subs?

Again it won't happen. But would you?
    There is already challenging content in the game. Go do it instead of whining here.

remove warlocks from the game.

or, actually make an effort to tune classes properly. then the game will be challenging.

if you REALLY want a challenge though, roll a melee spec. that's the hardest role in the game atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    If you compare $15 per month with other forms of entertainment such as a movie, a concert or a sporting event, it's probably great value and rather cheap. If you compare the same $15 per month with other games, whether it be other MMO's or even a MOBA or an RPG, WOW seriously lacks value. So my answer is an affirmative - no fucking way.
    Are you high?

You can currently "up" the difficulty by stepping into Heroic raids.

Deleted
    there was more than enough hard stuff to do between heroic raiding bosses, possibly arena (haven't played this addon though), and stuff like CMs. now the game is kind of slow but i enjoy the pause and the time to do other things that came a bit short in the past...

Deleted
    I'd never begin paying more for this game. So no. Also difficulty doesnt always mean better content.

It's a weird proposition.

The base of the question is : would i pay more to play wow. And the truth is, i would probably pay a significant amount more than i do now. Because i enjoy the game.

Is there anything they can do to the game that would make me feel like they could up the price of the game? no, nothing. while i would pay to play, i don't want them to.

If the game didn't have the content i was looking for, i wouldn't be playing in the first place.

No I would not. If I want something difficult, I go raid. If I want something more relaxing I level/gear an alt. WoW has the variety of difficulty that I need already.