Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    re-introduce ranks on spells and you fix low lvl pvp / dungeon. Mby.

And no! wow = 10 year old game.

Would not pay anything exceeding what i already do...
    So far im actually suprised wow hasnt become f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    So let's say Blizzard would actually listen to all the people wanting to have a game more suited towards their skills and time?
    Then they might add something like Challenge Modes to the game which are harder than any other dungeon content in any previous expansion but which people just ignore like they don't exist so they can bitch on public forums about how easy the game is?

Yeah. Something like that might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    re-introduce ranks on spells and you fix low lvl pvp / dungeon. Mby.

And no! wow = 10 year old game.

Would not pay anything exceeding what i already do...
    So far im actually suprised wow hasnt become f2p.
    How would lower rank spells fix anything? The way it works right now is that spells just scale with your level, which ends up being the exact same thing(minus downranking)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

"So would you be willing to pay more on a monthly basis to counter the loss of subs?

Again it won't happen. But would you?"

For just leveling and questing? No. For the entire game to get a difficulty boost to old-school gaming levels of uber-hard? Hmmm...
    Yes, but they'd better make it REALLY damn difficult. I'm talking some Dark Souls on hard new game+++ shit where afking gets you killed and inconspicuous things like treasure chests and critters will kill the fuck out of you without warning or provocation. Though that would require the complete removal of the RNG system, autotargeting and soft targeting for all players and creatures because to make something oldschool hard, it has to be skill based and fair and not RNG dependent.
    And for the money they better add blood, gore, dismemberment and more badass looking tier to really sell the brutal nature of the WoW universe.

Of course, not gunna happen, real gamers are a very small percentage of the entire gaming population these days and no amount of money any normal person could afford to spend on a monthly game sub would ever compensate for the loss of casuals. It would also no longer be WoW, it would be something else based in the WoW universe possibly without that Thing whatever it may be that keeps so many of us coming back year after year.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2014-08-07 at 06:27 PM.

Also, WoW just isn't a "hardcore" game. It never has been.

Even in vanilla, it was just a more casual-friendly version of Everquest.

If you want very challenging, skill based gameplay, look elsewhere besides MMOs which are designed to be gear and RNG dependant and appeal to broad audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I know this won't be done. So it is a pure hypothetical thread/question.

Currently Heroic raiding is where the difficulty is good (afaik). PvP only has one mode of difficulty, so thats good too.

But the rest of the game basically hasn't. The rest of the game is imo in shambles in terms of difficulty.
    - questing
    - dungeoneering
    - scenario's

These things are basically the things I like doing most. But they are all on a serious annoying level of stupidness.

So let's say Blizzard would actually listen to all the people wanting to have a game more suited towards their skills and time? Blizzard claims they will lose many subscribers that way if they would.

So would you be willing to pay more on a monthly basis to counter the loss of subs?

Again it won't happen. But would you?
    The core mechanic of this game is that virtually everything is surpassable with gear.

The big problem, with leveling and expansion packs is that they need to account for the fact that players will be coming into expansion content with as little as a 330 ilvl and as high as a 580ish ilvl. So, you've got about 250 ilvls. Naturally, it's going to be pretty difficult for the guys in 330 ilvl stuff to try and get into expansion levels when everything is tuned for a 580 ilvl.

I mean, look at mobs in the world. My main is 2-3 shotting stuff on isle of thunder that used to take a a lot longer than that (80 or so ilvls ago)

The secondary problem, is that there's non-dps specs that need to be able to complete PVE content as well.

Mop did better than cataclysm. All the flavors of enemies have token attacks that are fairly well broadcasted and require input from players. Mogu Enemies usually have wind-up melee cleave attacks that can be avoided by moving out of it's area, for example.