Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappyjoe View Post
    Don't you think it's a bit early to be making any proclamations on our damage output? We still have 3 months of tuning to go. As Chubathingy said, I think it's far more important to note how Elemental feels as opposed to the numbers. The loss of our current always moving style of play is going to be a rough transition for me, so I really hope they've done enough to compensate.
    I think movement will not be the issue. the mastery at least helps a bit to still deal damage and we still have spirit walkers grace (with new glyph) and a short sprint.

what could be more disappointing is what happened to our aoe. it is no longer pure cl spam you have to use eq on cd cause of its damage. and with this you have to deal with eqs disadvantages too. (cd, mobs can walk out of effect)

Yeah, I'm concerned about their obvious desire to once again try to make EQ work. I'm fine with needing to do more than CL spam for AoE because it's currently pretty mindless, but EQ has just always been so clunky I've been glad that I never really needed to use it.

In Wrath I much preferred Fire Nova to EQ(gamed it for Rank1 Anub'arak !), it was pretty much everything people are asking EQ to be turned into(an instant that applies a dmg effect to the target instead of the ground). I think the reason they took it away from Ele is simply because Flame Shock ticks reward us single target dmg so they don't want to give us single target dmg off of our aoe CD. I think it would be fairly simple to redesign Fire Nova to put up its own dot as opposed to spreading FS to alleviate that issue.

If they really want us to have an Earth aoe spell, or an aoe spell based on CL... Then I would propose some kind of "Echo Slam", give us an 8-10sec CD spell with a 1.5-2sec cast that is targeted on a mob that does initial dmg based on LS Charges and cleaves Echo dots onto all enemy's within 10-12yards.

I can just imagine the graphic of a blast hitting your main target and a second latter a whole bunch of little earth effects going off being pretty cool.

I think that would be a lot more fun to use than EQ. It wouldn't require us to track an additional buff, it would be possible to hold charges for AOE so you wouldn't need to waste cleaves to ramp up(oh look a decision related to aoe min/max) and the QoL would be through the roof..
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.

those of you that have beta access can you please tell us what our strengths and weaknesses are going to be? is ele going to be sat in raids since they gutted our aoe with clunky earthquake? and our utility isnt that good anymore either...so im wondering if were back to being sat in favor of other classes again.

would high end raiders bring us over hunters, mages, etc?

please clear up all the issues elemental has right now so I know what to do come wod, everything posted seems very vague.

It is all going to come down to the tuning passes, I don't imagine they are going to change to much mechanically at this point(even though we would like them to). There should be another like 2 months worth of beta anyway so its hard to rush to judgment now.

I don't think the "crap dps while moving" thing is going to be a huge issue as hunters/mages are the only classes that seem to not have great penalties. The cleave/aoe thing might prove to be a long lasting though issue though. But even if it goes live as it is, there are a number of cleave fights in SoO so they will get another month worth of mass testing on those numbers after 6.0 comes out.

With the removal of mobile LB and total annihilation of our hybrid utility I expect to be a top 3 spec ST/AOE.

Is this a Joke/Trol post??? Good damage ??? ee on dumy??in raid Were like behind others by 20 - 30% Ele suck balls more then ever the only good thing we have now is that molten lava thing ... Right now i'm very close to rerol mage ....

Deleted
    Many people seem to find it funny to post that everything is fine, but in reality people even stopped reporting their beta experience on bosses or class changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Many people seem to find it funny to post that everything is fine, but in reality people even stopped reporting their beta experience on bosses or class changes.
    report to who? and for what reason? you think the developers are actually listening to anything anyone is saying ? Thats a joke if i ever heard one but not a very funny one :\

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Is this a Joke/Trol post??? Good damage ??? ee on dumy??in raid Were like behind others by 20 - 30% Ele suck balls more then ever the only good thing we have now is that molten lava thing ... Right now i'm very close to rerol mage ....
    exactly what i was thinking and discussing with my friends. I am so fed up with this endless arguments and fights for equal dps with the rest of the dps classes :\

I honestly think its hard to judge DPS in the raid tests, if you do it on the leveling realms then people are using brokenly scaled gear and we have like 0 multistrike, our best stat. If you do it on the level 100 realms its better, but the stock gear also is mastery heavy, which has been a "bad" stat in most of these builds.

I also have not been worrying about balance between Ele and melee dps and have been only focusing on the other ranged. Even on Smash brothers Belts boss(like 75% movement phases, a fight we should probably be atrocious on with our current toolset) my dmg was comparable to locks, Spriest and Boomkins... And people keep looking at mages on DMG meters and crying and they don't even realize that like 20% of the dmg the meters pick up is the double dip(not actual dmg) that is being done to their Prismatic Crystals.

AGAIN, I don't think our single target dmg was to low/out of whack/whatever... That doesn't mean I thought we needed a single target nerf last build, because I certainly didn't think our dmg was on the higher side of the spectrum and I had heard exactly ZERO people claim our dmg was "OP" prior to Celestalon the other night. My only hope is that it was some kind of PvP related OP, but even if that is the case.. That is the battle we have been fighting in regards to LvB tuning since Wrath..

Patience is key... Since they aren't really listening to us anyway >.> All they seem to want us to do on the Beta is find the exploits before live.