Thread: Cata > MoP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amozabael View Post
    I disagree. It tends to be the seemingly mature stuff that many young kids go for in an attempt to be a "Grown up". The call of duty player base is an example of this.

Which means I'm guessing we'll see the younger crowd return once WoD comes out.
    Sadly I would prefer the kids, it seems the trolls and jerks are between 18-25.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Another thread where an opinion is formed purely on the ignorance of the fact that correlation =/= causation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If anything it was the pandas that brought the kids.
    This logic would make sense maybe if there was some sort of static vacuum in which nobody aged. I was a kid when I played TBC so I guess with the same reasoning as yours I could argue that Classic and TBC brought the kids.

Or maybe, just maybe, none of the expansions brought a particular age group in? Maybe they just brought people in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    The leveling zones in Cata were horrible >.< and the dungeons for Cata sucked as well.
    I strongly disagree. I think every zone in MoP was terrible outside of Kun-lai. MoP has the worst dungeons I've ever done in any game. I did them all once they was so bad and boring and only ever done them again when i did challenge modes on my hunter and warrior. It's funny that the best dungeons were rehashed aka SM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Cata started with 12m subs, ended with 10m, a loss of 2m. Mop started at 10m and is currently at 6.8m, a loss of 3.2m, and we're likely to have at least 1 more quarter of losses before WoD. (Unless they have an amazing cinematic that makes people flood back in).

So while people want to rip on Cata, I think it's safe to say that Pandaland was even worse.
    No, it started with 12, ended with 9.1.

In all honesty i have not had fun in a raid since firelands,that being said the last time i felt that epic experience was ulduar/icc.Now mop was the first time since TBC that i did not raid or play threw the hole xpac,i did a couple bosses in first tier then stopped playing.I came back for ToT and siege did some heroic in both and then after months of doing siege i couldn't take it anymore.Heck the only reason i raided dragon soul for so long was to get my daggers on my rogue.I have high hopes for WoD i have not been this pumped for a xpac since wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    5.0 - (sept 2012)Panda class
    I have to wonder where did you see a 'panda class' in this game. Because I've been playing from day 1 of this expansion and have seen no class that allows you to play as a panda. Maybe it's a secret Guardian Druid glyph that reskins your bear form into a panda form?

Also: I find it really hard to take seriously anyone who refers to Pandaren as 'pandas'. It just comes out feeling way too childish to take seriously. I feel like patting said person on the head and saying 'Sure, sure, whatever you say, kid.'

MoP in a nutshell:

"are you having fun running temple of the jade serpent for the billionth time?"

"are you having fun raiding siege of orgrimmar for the billionth time?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata's PvP was better

I started playing right before BC hit(came from eve & EnB). I leveled a priest healer and made instant friends with DPS and tanks. I'll admit i was a very slow learner. Back in vanilla and BC it actally was an accomplishment to level a character to max level. Attunements were tough" i remember not even knowing about a bunch of the vanila raids; i actually didn't start raiding till BC when some in dungeons thought i was a good healer and got me into 25man raid guilds. BC by far was the most epic feeling to me and i still have fond memories of the music and zones and experience.

Wrath on the other hand was fun in that it had a new faster pace and it was the first of the AOE dps dungeon runs. I enjoyed naxx 25 man raid farming it each weak to farm gear. It wasn't to difficult. Ulduar was a different story; i found it very stressful and didn't enjoy myself very much. ICC wasn't to bad. I liked the dungeons in wrath especially the 3 Soul dungeons before ICC hit. The lich king gauntlet was a nice test for warrior tanks.

Cata i have mixed emotions about. The leveling wasn't to bad for me, but i admit i hated the water zone. The dungeons had some challenge in the beggining and getting the heroic dungeon mount from the achievemnts made it more fun. Being one of the first to get a volcanic drake was my favorite mount. I tried to raid in cata but my PC got in the way mostly and i would lag. I wasn't to impressed with cata raids; although firelands raid was a decent one though i liked it. I my biggest problem with Cata xpac was the feeling they were lazy using old content. I made a lot of Gold selling gems though....so cata for me mostly was dungeon running and getting old content achievements and alt leveling all 10 spots...

Over all the game has lost its social appeal in that everyone can just solo the game and not do anything with the realm/guild.....The forced grouping as some called it was just a cry of the social deviants that didn't know how to make friends and enjoy themselves and cry'd about not being able to do things the game was ment to be done in groups.....
    so for me BC>wrath>vanilla>cata>mop

Ye and having siege of Orgimmar with no new content for a year had nothing to do with it. The game being 2 years older had nothing to do with it either. It's clear proof that Cata was better...

MOP is massively superior to Cata. It has far superior raids (TOT and SoO are better than any raids Cata had while Mogushan and Heart of fear are at least equal) and MOP also introduced a ton of interesting things to the game such as Flex, Brawlers guild, pet battles and a lot more. Only down side was the obscene daily grind at the start but that was fixed before too long.

Dragon Soul will always be the biggest blemish on WoW's past. Try again.

You might hate the pan-Asian theme in MoP, but in terms of content, and quality it was far superior to Cataclsym.

Your numbers are wrong...

The 10 million you give as the number of subs at the end of Cata isn't correct. You are looking at the chart on the front page and misreading it. 10 million is the number of subs at the start of MOP. Newsflash: numbers go up when a new xpac is released. Before people returned for MOP the chart shows the sub count was nearer to 9 million,

You are comparing the sub numbers when a new xpac had just came out to the number of subs when the game is in a very long content drought at the end of an xpac.

How about you compare the 10 millions subs at the start of MOP to the number of subs at the start of WOD. I wont be suprised if you find the number at the start of WOD is lower than it was at the start of mists. Will that mean that WOD is a worse xpac than MOP ? It's an old game and people move on to new games or in their lives. The number of subs will continue to drop with every xpac regardless of the quality.

Heres 1 more stat for you. When BC came out the game had 8 millions subs. When mists came out the game had 10 million subs. I'll use your logic and conclude that people were 20% more excited about Pandas than they were about a burning legion xpac..

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Dragon Soul will always be the biggest blemish on WoW's past. Try again.

You might hate the pan-Asian theme in MoP, but in terms of content, and quality it was far superior to Cataclsym.
    I think DS has been trumped by SoO

10+ Year Old Account
    I base a game for how it appeals to me, instead of how it appeals to others. So I don't judge a game by how many people leave it during the beginning and end of the cycle. Because I have my own opinions.
    Cata:
    - This was near when I started, so truly was my first WoW experience. I enjoyed it, it wasn't the best, but it wasn't dreadful to level. Vashj'ir was actually pretty fun.
    - Endgame wasn't that bad either, Heroic Dungeons proved to be an exciting experience, and though I had my troubles, I didn't let it get me down.
    - Only bad thing I remember was the Firelands Dailies, just fuck them to hell.
    - Also Raid Finder. Wasn't the best, and I only started near the end, so that's probably why.

MoP: Italics - Blizz.
    - Panda's. "Are you kidding me?" "They were in Warcraft 3, so it's k." They're Monks, which are like Kung-fu Masters. "Oh, like Kung-fu Panda?" "Nonononono! Nothing like that, it's our own original idea." Inspired by Chinese Architecture "Alright, makes sense, I mean at least they're not shoving it down ou-" They are shoving it down our throats. "Hey, don't be racist Pandas are in China so it only makes sense." "...Alright, I'm just going to ignore this point." Dailies are forced and boring. "So I have to do this on all my alts?" "No you can just do Dungeon Finder." "But the only gear that I can get that's better than the Levelling gear is sold by the Rep Vendors, so I do." "Oh, well... TI?" "Oh, I guess you're right. Can't be too ha-" All the mobs are about 10x stronger than me. "You just aren't doing it right." "They're able to slice me open in 10 seconds, I survive, but with about half my mana and health. And there's barely any time in between attacks that I can't heal up, and the mobs are so close together I have to fight 3 at one time, and I have trouble with dealing with just 1." "That sounds like a personal problem." "This expansion can't get any fucking worse, when can I forget about this?" "Idfk, just do SoO a billion times until we figure that out. It'll be out before you know it." *8-10 months pass* "Alright, it's been around 9 months, where's my new, awesome expac?" "Uhhm... still figuring that out, but OOOH! PRETTY CHOPPER! Betcha don't care about that silly release date now, don't ya?" "*Facepalm* I'm going to bed, this guy is just ridiculous..."

TL;DR: At least Cata didn't overstay it's welcome.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Cata was good until 4.1, then it became extremely bad, 4.3 was the biggest let down in WoW for me. MoP, while not amazing, at least managed to be better than Cata post 4.1, so MoP > Cata for me.

Deleted
    Pandaria was bad in many ways.

If they just went with the very first concept of the Pandaren instead of these fat rednecks that look high all the time I might have liked it more.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC>Wrath>Mop>Cata

I *almost* do TBC=Wrath>Mop>Cata. Those 2 are a very tough call. Wrath had a great story, I had a blast in WG, the Ulduar and ICC raids were amazing, Argent Tourney was fun, even the dragon raids were well-designed. Maybe a few points off for recycling Naxx. TBC was as good as it got from top to bottom in dungeon quality and raid design, along with the whole world. So those are by far the top 2, and the others behind them are no-brainers. I don't know anyone who thinks Cata was the best (or even good ftm) other than a handful of people that started playing in Cata, and for them going back to old expansions after the fact makes them tough to evaluate fairly. It's all subjective but Dragon Soul has to be the worst big raid of any expansion, that one isn't even very debatable.

Cataclysm was SUCH a pointless wasteland for most players. I have no idea why 5M didn't quit during the first 9 months.

Deleted
    This is how you express YOUR opinion: you start your story with : any variant of I PERSONALLY THINK THAT or I FEEL THAT or IT IS MY OPINION THAT

To apply this:

for me, cataclysm was a more enjoyable expansion. the theme, lore, villian was just so much better incorperated in the whole expansion wheras with mists i didn't really like the artstyle or the whole take a culture as an influence to a fantasy world didn't really work for me. Nonetheless i had some fun in mop especially with flex, i just missed the true warcraft style of orcs, humans, death, savage, dragons, ... things i didn't find in a continent based on panda's and asian culture.

I'm still subscribed but eagerly looking forward to WoD!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amozabael View Post
    Actually, Pandaria was better, just a lot of immature man-children couldn't handle Pandaren, so they cried up a storm and left.

And the game was better for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Cata and I liked MoP. Yay for opinions!