Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthus View Post
    That is if you don't read the quests and don't complete all of them. I intend, and always intended to, complete all quests and read them, during my leveling. I don't want to rush the leveling, then come back and do everything the easy way. I've been playing WoW since two monthe after the EU release, for a long time I didn't have the time to raid or collect pets, or do a lot of things, I had to do all of that during MoP, and I did a lot of farming of old raids, old quests, old dungeons, to gett the mounts, the pets, the achievements. Now that WoD is out and I'm clear with the old content, I want to take my time to enjoy every bit of the new expansion without rushing everything. But as a mount lover, I can't let this one pass, so if the expansion is out too shortly before the event, I will have to rush my leveling to get it.

So I'm sorry, but I hope we'll be on patch 6.0, with an expansion release in december...

EDIT> I'm not a no-life, I have a job and play from 9pm to 12pm maximum every evening, and I don't do only things for myself, I help my guild, I do old raids, etc. So no, I'm not sure I will be 100 in a month.
    You almost never have to complete all the quests in a given expansion to reach max level. Additionally, as the poster you quoted pointed out, it does not take long at all to level on Beta at the moment. The opening sequence they mentioned took me about half a hour without reading quests. Even with the large amount of people questing alongside you, I can't imagine it will take much longer than an hour and a half. Twice that, acccording to your playtime intervals, is at least a single level.

Assuming an October release and no major changes to leveling speeds, you'll be just fine.
    Last edited by Asiel; 2014-08-06 at 07:48 PM.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

They need to focus on making the game interesting. Games have to be interesting in order to get people to invest time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    MC and 100v100 TM vs South Shore should be permanent. Blizzard, listen to your fucking customers.
    You're one of these persons who won't even be happy with world peace.

You will get burned out again by MC, maybe not during the even, but if you had to farm it every week again you would, I'm glad we get to relive, and make new memories connected with nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    mid-october release is definite. That gives players a month to get to 100 for the Anniversary, which for all but the most casual players, is easily doable.

Release will definetly be before Blizzcon, they aren't going to pull all those employees away from their jobs when they are trying to get a game out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I just want to point out:

They won't alienate an entire portion of the fanbase who doesn't buy the expansion within first month of release.
    My release date prediction was December 2nd personally, but yeah, either its pre blizzcon or first week of december imo. Almost rules out November

Deleted
    wow, i didnt expect so much effort
    battleground, raidfinder and pet sound awesome

that bg should be permanent. that'd probably be the only bg i'd have any fun with.

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    You're one of these persons who won't even be happy with world peace.

You will get burned out again by MC, maybe not during the even, but if you had to farm it every week again you would, I'm glad we get to relive, and make new memories connected with nostalgia.
    What a ridiculous assumption. First off, MC is not mandatory progression - it's just a fun thing to do and to be able to do it at max level should be permanent. Secondly, you're ridiculous reaching into "not being happy with world peace" is plain retarded. Someone should take your computer away because we've had it up to here with hyperbolic bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    First Reaction: Okay, cool.

Second Reaction: Great, so now I get to struggle through a 40 man with my crappy computer? >_<
    No worries, its LFR. You can be afk on autoattack and still clear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

hmmm we're not sure if the game will handle 30 man raids in WoD...
    O btw guys, 40man raid next anniversary

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds great...
    Cannot wait!

Quote Originally Posted by LanceDH View Post
    hmmm we're not sure if the game will handle 30 man raids in WoD...
    O btw guys, 40man raid next anniversary
    Raids began out as 40 man...

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome don't care about maybe's and what if, this is exactly the type of quick content they need to be implementing. Pumped

I am not much of a PvPer, however I remember some epic world PvP battles in Tarren Mill vs. Southshore. If the BG version is half as fun... I do not know how many times I have raided Molten Core, it should be fun playing it scaled up. I wonder if it will drop higher item level versions of MC gear or if it is just a "fun run"...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that bg should be permanent. that'd probably be the only bg i'd have any fun with.
    All of these things will be permanent. Remember what happened in Diablo III? Huge *present* to the public in keeping the huge bonus chances on loot. They will do the same here. And be revered for it. 40 man is interesting, was so epic back in the day (if you had a focused group).

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    Waaaaah, waaaaah. I'm a baby playing an MMO and I don't like it being an MMO.
    This is the stupidest post I've seen in a long time.

I would also prefer it to be possible to just go in with a group even if it wasn't 40 players.
    A organised and geared 10 man could probably faceroll 40man MC, but if they don't find another 30 players, they are forced to queue with random people they have never met before and never will meet again.

It isn't about not liking MMOs being MMOs, but not liking being forced into group with random people you never met or will meet again just because the game says its 40man.
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Someone should take your computer away because we've had it up to here with hyperbolic bullshit.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Raids began out as 40 man...
    Graphics have been upgrading quite a bit over the years, there are also new spells with more overwhelming graphics.
    Still, the requirement are IIRC the same as vanilla.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Now THIS is the kind of anniversary content I like to see. No mere "letter and achievement" this year! (Though we'll get that, too.)

Seems like panic bandaid fix for better Q3 sub numbers...