Deleted

Question WoW's huge potential

After seeing the announcement concerning the 10th anniversary it struck me: Why don't players just create these events themselves? It seems as if blizzard are just adding stuff already accessible now, and with the huge player-base WoW has (despite losing some subucribers in the WoD beta-period), shouldn't it be possible to create events like huge outdoor PvP battles etc. without it having to be something you queue for? I feel like an event like 'Tarren Mill vs. South Shore' could be posible to 'create' now, but it's like the players are not attracted to that which rewards nothing but the experience of it. When looking at the comeback of MC, shouldn't it also be possible for players to have level 60 characters to some what simulate the 60s raiding experience (though todays level 60 are a lot stronger, but maybe you could make it challenging somehow either way?) My point is that by thinking of events like those announced for the 10th anniversary, it made me think of the potentiel WoW could have, by having enough people (which there should be) wanting to do the same thing, and it merely requires taking initiative. Am I crazy, or what are your thoughts?

Blizzard can change stats so we don't just walk all over everything. But there are plenty of guilds who lock levels for specific eras of raiding and only raid those eras.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I love your sentiment ....id be down in a heartbeat for old school tm v ss open world pvp. That's how it happened back in the day the players just organized it...sadly though back then there was a different spirit among players...people did things for the sake of the fun and excitement alone. Todays players think "well what's in it for me?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Blizzard can change stats so we don't just walk all over everything. But there are plenty of guilds who lock levels for specific eras of raiding and only raid those eras.
    That sounds cool, perhaps it is happening more than I knew. Will research this, the idea seems fun at this stage of MOP

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If people who want Herald of the Titans create level 80 characters, turn off XP gains, and get the right ilvl, then I don't see what's stopping others from doing the same for MC. Create level 60s, turn off XP, and then get the BiS gear you can obtain from Classic dungeons (Which is currently LBRS and UBRS), any gear from professions, and anything awarded from rep vendors (3 at the time of release)-which tends to be recipes.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    I love your sentiment ....id be down in a heartbeat for old school tm v ss open world pvp. That's how it happened back in the day the players just organized it...sadly though back then there was a different spirit among players...people did things for the sake of the fun and excitement alone. Todays players think "well what's in it for me?"
    Agree. I'm still one of those players, in all of MoP my favorite patch was 5.2.

I thought the isle of thunder was amazing for world pvp. I played on Kil'jaeden and at that time it was 50/50 in pop. Best experience i've had since vanilla SS vs TM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest View Post
    That sounds cool, perhaps it is happening more than I knew. Will research this, the idea seems fun at this stage of MOP
    I don't want to ruin your fun, but don't. I tried it a year ago. We killed Vael with 8 people, had to try till we had perfect debuff order and our dps could finish it off. We killed C'thun with 21 people in less than 2min.

Our Shadow Priest had 2.5k dps on BWL/AQ bosses, that equals a fully geared SWP level dps from TBC. Healing also way too strong, if you have alteast 1 healer for every 7/8 people, noone will die.

We cleared ulduar later with 5man (in 10man), that was when i quitted, it was literally destroying my old memories of the place
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I don't want to ruin your fun, but don't. I tried it a year ago. We killed Vael with 8 people, had to try till we had perfect debuff order and our dps could finish it off. We killed C'thun with 21 people in less than 2min.

Our Shadow Priest had 2.5k dps on BWL/AQ bosses, that equals a fully geared SWP level dps from TBC. Healing also way too strong, if you have alteast 1 healer for every 7/8 people, noone will die.

We cleared ulduar later with 5man (in 10man), that was when i quitted, it was literally destroying my old memories of the place
    Its due to how abilities scale now. For example, pre level 90 prot wars out DPS actual DPS.