Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up Scaled up MC 40 LFR - related questions...

First of all - boy, am I excited...

Here is what I'm wondering about though:

1. If MC is scaled up to highest level - the resistance of mobs, etc, and Core Hound mount as a reward is all awesome, but what about the rest of the loot? Can I expect to get ilevel-relevant banana shoulders for my pally from running this new LFR?

2. Is Core Hound a guaranteed reward, or just a % chance drop from Rag?

3. Why not keep the new raid around, why make it only anniversary-based?

Your thoughts, folks?
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 - Given how late it will be in MoP (because I am 100% certain Warlords won't be out till December) I would have no issues with all but tier gear being bumped up for stats but I also see how it could be useless at the same time since they'll simply turn in to MC transmog gear 2.0 shortly after so I doubt it would happen.

2 - It reads as though it's a guaranteed reward, at least to me, especially how it's a limited time event and want everyone to reap the rewards rather than turn it in to a giant QQ fest if it's on a %.

3 - Because, to be honest, MC was terribly boring even in its prime and they would have to rework all the bosses to become even somewhat of a challenge due to the...lack of mechanics. The knockback on Ragnaros would be the most devastating attack in the entire instance simply because of the fall damage and even that can be avoided with proper footing.

I look forward to doing it, but more than likely only once if it gives the mount and pet all in one go.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Because it isn't a new raid?

My questions (which presumably they'll answer at some point):

1) What ILVL is it tuned for? Do I have to gear my alts for it or is it total faceroll?

2) What feats/gear/loot does it have, and is the loot just upscaled copies of original MC or will there be pieces worth farming for mogs etc?

3) Does this require the removal of the original MC like with some previous raid updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

1) What ILVL is it tuned for? Do I have to gear my alts for it or is it total faceroll?

2) What feats/gear/loot does it have, and is the loot just upscaled copies of original MC or will there be pieces worth farming for mogs etc?

3) Does this require the removal of the original MC like with some previous raid updates?

They say "Max-level" and not Level 90 so, I'm thinking it's a Level 100 raid, if you catch what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    1 - Given how late it will be in MoP (because I am 100% certain Warlords won't be out till December) I would have no issues with all but tier gear being bumped up for stats but I also see how it could be useless at the same time since they'll simply turn in to MC transmog gear 2.0 shortly after so I doubt it would happen.

2 - It reads as though it's a guaranteed reward, at least to me, especially how it's a limited time event and want everyone to reap the rewards rather than turn it in to a giant QQ fest if it's on a %.

3 - Because, to be honest, MC was terribly boring even in its prime and they would have to rework all the bosses to become even somewhat of a challenge due to the...lack of mechanics. The knockback on Ragnaros would be the most devastating attack in the entire instance simply because of the fall damage and even that can be avoided with proper footing.

I look forward to doing it, but more than likely only once if it gives the mount and pet all in one go.
    Reading a bit more into it, it sounds more and more like they intend this to be ran at level 100, rather than peeps still be around level 90 when this hits live servers.

Which is great to hear, but I'm then really confused what kind of math Blizz must be applying here if the earliest they could release WoD is around October 14th, and anniversary event starts pretty much 1 month later and sticks around for 2 weeks.

So, will there really be enough time to

a). level to 100
    b). have enough players who leveled to 100 and are queuing for LFR then?

I.e. your personal leveling speed is irrelevant, it's the majority of the casuals who will be running this that matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Because it isn't a new raid?
    Technically correct, but not so easy I think:

First of all - lots of new players who have no idea what MC is/was. To them it will feel like a new raid. Secondly, lots of veterans coming back for WoD, and it's like a "welcome back" to them.

Win-Win, really.

It's probably going to be pretty face roll. Getting people do Living Bombs right ugh. I'm kind of hoping they don't put a bunch, if any, gear in this because then that means you have to farm it for mog items. Like if they had a Blue quality Thunderfury or Sulfuras that'd be shitty. Those are must farm items then. I doubt they'll put anything on them though. Probably just give out SoO loot.

Also really unlikely this would be put in to replace MC. That would cut out one full tier set for mogging and access to two Legendaries for collectors. Blizzard isn't that stupid I hope.

First of all - boy, am I excited...

Here is what I'm wondering about though:

1. If MC is scaled up to highest level - the resistance of mobs, etc, and Core Hound mount as a reward is all awesome, but what about the rest of the loot? Can I expect to get ilevel-relevant banana shoulders for my pally from running this new LFR?

2. Is Core Hound a guaranteed reward, or just a % chance drop from Rag?

Your thoughts, folks?
    Couple of things.

A) The wording dosen't mention loot beyond the corhound mount. Either the rewards will be par with whatever's available on LFR at the time, or the rewards will be entirely cosmetic. If it isn't cosmetic, what incentive do monks/death knights have to pay it a visit (I highly doubt that they'll make a brand new set of gear just for a temporary dungeon; maybe if they retro'd the gear back into old mc afterwords, but still seems excessive.)
    B) The wording suggests the reward is tied to the achievement, and dosen't drop off Rags himself (so essentially, it's guaranteed.)
    C) Incentivising people to log in and celebrate WoW's 10th birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

1 - as I said above, looking more and more like level 100, with questing level 100 greens as requirement. Concern is - how many people will be at level 100 by the time this starts on Live realms???

2 - exactly what I'm interested in right now. As two other points become more and more obvious the more I think about them.

3 - Could be, or just a temporary substitute to old low-level MC for the Anniversary event 2 weeks celebrations (which is sad. I'd rather it be an extra permanent level 100 LFR).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    It's probably going to be pretty face roll. Getting people do Living Bombs right ugh.
    I agree. Plus they could simply remove/disable challenging mechanics, of which Living Bomb was the only one I can really remember in MC....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    If it isn't cosmetic, what incentive do monks/death knights have to pay it a visit (I highly doubt that they'll make a brand new set of gear just for a temporary dungeon; maybe if they retro'd the gear back into old mc afterwords, but still seems excessive.)
    I think the incentive at least would be - high possibility of transmog rules being looser in 6.0/WoD, i.e. DKs might be able to mog into any plate, and Monks might be able to mog into any leather (e.g. old Rogue boob shoulders).

10+ Year Old Account
    The mount comes from the achievement for beating Ragnaros.

My question is: Is the raid going to be the full thing? Or will we simply pop in at Rag like Ahune, Direbrew, etc.?
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    My question is: Is the raid going to be the full thing? Or will we simply pop in at Rag like Ahune, Direbrew, etc.?
    That's a good question actually.... I hope full raid. With loot!

If you think about it, it's just Excel spreadsheet work - to up the numbers and add a couple of achievement reward hooks - really.

1). Noone knows.

2). You get the achievement, and you get the mount.

3). too much of a good thing can go to spoil and if it's set to just be "max level" content it'd be for WoD only.

why are people saying molten core is temporary?
    they only said tarren mill vs southshore might be temporary, molten core will likely just be put onto the solo que/group que npc in warlords (or stay as an early lfr if it comes out in warlords
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    I'm remembering MC a bit differently. I would love to see a LFR group kill Baron Geddon...

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - as I said above, looking more and more like level 100, with questing level 100 greens as requirement. Concern is - how many people will be at level 100 by the time this starts on Live realms???
    its not really a concern as the best way to think about this is in terms of holiday events. you are either ready for it or you are not. most people dont care much anymore because they have done the events more than they care for. but the tuning will most likely be comparable to other holiday boss type events, or in other words *pretty dang simple*. its meant to be fun, not a great challenge.

3 - Could be, or just a temporary substitute to old low-level MC for the Anniversary event 2 weeks celebrations (which is sad. I'd rather it be an extra permanent level 100 LFR).
    i wouldnt be surprised to see this become an annual thing. there was a tweet a few days ago that mentioned "big changes coming to holiday events" and to me, whats bigger than adding a completely new holiday event?

I think the incentive at least would be - high possibility of transmog rules being looser in 6.0/WoD, i.e. DKs might be able to mog into any plate, and Monks might be able to mog into any leather (e.g. old Rogue boob shoulders).
    this kind of stuff already happens. plate wearers have been able to tmog into almost any other plate, as long as they can actually acquire it. the rule has been, some sets were class specfic and you could not attain them on other classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    why are people saying molten core is temporary?
    they only said tarren mill vs southshore might be temporary, molten core will likely just be put onto the solo que/group que npc in warlords (or stay as an early lfr if it comes out in warlords
    it actually states ALL rewards and events are available for a limited time only.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    These events and rewards will only be available for a limited time, so make sure to check back with us later for more information on when you can expect to see them in-game. ‘Til then, we’re looking forward to celebrating 10 epic years with you!
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-08-07 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    it actually states ALL rewards and events are for a limited time only.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    These events and rewards will only be available for a limited time, so make sure to check back with us later for more information on when you can expect to see them in-game. ‘Til then, we’re looking forward to celebrating 10 epic years with you!
    if so that kinda sucks. onyxias lair was permanent. they should just put molten core on the que npc
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

When will this event start?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    When will this event start?
    well we are unsure of the specific day, but since blizz celebrates their anniversary in November, it will be sometime then and will possibly last for 2-4 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    well we are unsure of the specific day, but since blizz celebrates their anniversary in November, it will be sometime then and will possibly last for 2-4 weeks.
    K thx

/10char
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I foresee everyone dieing to the new deadly lava.