Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It wasn't a challenge back then, so it just fits that they do a 40-man LFR version out of it

I personally like it ... and i dont see a reason to get upset about a legacy raid for a anniversary event. Just have fun with it its not like its gonna be competitive or anything.

I'm absolutely stoked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be a good laugh. Bunch of us from the guild will probably group up and make a half-premade and all run it together. Definitely will be tuned super easy, duh, it's a holiday event, but it'll be great fun to derp through, talk about Vanilla on mumble and blow each other up with Geddon Bombs. Then we get a cool mount at the end, and can go bash our faces again a never-ending stream of Horde in the Anniversary BG. Can't wait.

Some people take themselves too seriously if the only thing they can find time to do when a nice tribute event is released is bitch and moan about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Will this be for level 90 or 100? Because this alone sure as hell won't make me buy WoD.
    Nobody knows, hence the 'max level' thing... And you do know there is more in WoD then just a holiday event (which might not even be in WoD), right? It would be pretty weird to buy WoD for this alone.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping people will start flooding to wowhead and wowpedia to read up on tactics so that they don't wipe everyone.
    I do like the idea of scaling it up for the anniversary, especially when that means there's an opportunity to grind rep. I just hope idiots don't roll need on legendaries just because they're there.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    It'll be a good laugh. Bunch of us from the guild will probably group up and make a half-premade and all run it together. Definitely will be tuned super easy, duh, it's a holiday event, but it'll be great fun to derp through, talk about Vanilla on mumble and blow each other up with Geddon Bombs. Then we get a cool mount at the end, and can go bash our faces again a never-ending stream of Horde in the Anniversary BG. Can't wait.

Some people take themselves too seriously if the only thing they can find time to do when a nice tribute event is released is bitch and moan about it.
    This is EXACTLY what I feel too!

Deleted
    It's a nice little nod to times long gone.

And that's about it.

I like it. Will be interesting to experience it as max-level content, even if it's only lfr difficulty.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's with Blizz and practically forcing people into LFR. I'd be quite happy to see most of the old dungeons and raids revamped and made current in one form or another, but ffs, I wish someone could explain to me the joys of that particular design - go in, afk/faceroll/troll/expect to be carried by the few that have no choice but to run it in order to progress to the end game they care for.

I'd be all for LFR if we had 5 Blizzard employees in every group boosting every client they think deserves to see the content. Atm they are quite happy dumping the masses on a small number of competent, be it casual or hardcore players.

Looking forward to WoD and limited loot, not having to do LFR if you're a raider at all - only to be served a special 40man LFR event - sigh. If the game handles it as well as it does world bosses - it will be the usual clusterfuck of lag and loot fest. Something you want to get done ASAP, get out and forget the experience forever. Most definitely not a stop and smell the roses event. Somehow, that's not considered wasting resources, backpeddling on features that would provide entertainment for the next 2 years is. Mind boggling as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I'm excited for it regardless of how negative people are! Also happy I haven't had horrible LFR experiences to make me hate the whole thing as much as a lot of the people on this forum.
    People will always be negative , ofc many are excited but we avoid showing our positivity cause we arent in need of attention :3

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was made as a 40 man pug or guild raid only, no queue, no Xrealm, some basic form of fire resistance gear needed and the same mechanics that could kill a raid because someone was not paying minimal attention... I would love it, and resub to hit 95 and fully gear in an afternoon, just to watch the comedy.

It will be 'Civil War reenactment' level nonsense.

Deleted
    I think it's awesome. The mount is also the best i've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    What's with Blizz and practically forcing people into LFR. I'd be quite happy to see most of the old dungeons and raids revamped and made current in one form or another, but ffs, I wish someone could explain to me the joys of that particular design - go in, afk/faceroll/troll/expect to be carried by the few that have no choice but to run it in order to progress to the end game they care for.

I'd be all for LFR if we had 5 Blizzard employees in every group boosting every client they think deserves to see the content. Atm they are quite happy dumping the masses on a small number of competent, be it casual or hardcore players.

Looking forward to WoD and limited loot, not having to do LFR if you're a raider at all - only to be served a special 40man LFR event - sigh. If the game handles it as well as it does world bosses - it will be the usual clusterfuck of lag and loot fest. Something you want to get done ASAP, get out and forget the experience forever. Most definitely not a stop and smell the roses event. Somehow, that's not considered wasting resources, backpeddling on features that would provide entertainment for the next 2 years is. Mind boggling as usual.
    Making it an LFR mode is the only way to make sure EVERYONE gets to see the anniversary event, which is kind of the point in a fun and casual holiday event. Everyone should get to see it and have a laugh with it. If they made it a Heroic (normal in MoP terms) raid or even a Normal (currently called Flex ofc) raid then it would exclude a lot of people from being able to see it, especially since no doubt the community would get all elitist about it. Also, LFR is the only way most people could realistically expect to get 40 people together... and if MC isn't 40-man it's hardly a proper Vanilla tribute, is it?

It's going to be tuned super easy, it's going to be a total lolfest. That's the point, it's just a quick holiday tribute. Nothing to be taken seriously.

Now they could go and tune it for multiple difficulties so you don't have to be forced to enter it in LFR mode, but in your same post you complain about them "wasting resources," tuning it for multiple difficulties would definitely be a waste of resources when they can just make it LFR and let everyone see it.

If you are so upset about having to play with random people in LFR once during WoD to get your corehound mount, just form a premade with your guild, or form a PUG in tradechat, like you would if it was a Normal mode raid they were putting out. There are no restriction on queuing for LFR, so feel free to arrange something like that if playing with random people one time in this expansion is unbearable?

Its the first 40 man raid (first real major raid experience) in WoW, just like Southshore and tarren mill were the first major pvp experience.

its very quaint for the the 10 year anniversary.

I think it's kind of cool, just hope they're not going to do an Onyxia thing (the level 80 Onyxia was an anniversary thing as well) and remove the original because of it.

Although the idea of a 40-player LFR scares me a little bit. Still....free pet / free mount, so I won't complain.

Deleted
    It's a very cool thing.

You get a free mount that's been wanted since raiders first set foot in Molten Core and nostalgia freaks can get some of the old feeling back. As much as I'm sure there won't be much difficulty to the whole thing there very well could be a couple of wipes here and there just because there are always people who have a hard time not screwing things up.

It is going to be around for a week or two to celebrate the 10th anniversary, hardly a life changing event, even for mouthy cleverly offensive kiddies, as I am sure there are always ones like that who pretend to be people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    It's a very cool thing.

You get a free mount that's been wanted since raiders first set foot in Molten Core and nostalgia freaks can get some of the old feeling back. As much as I'm sure there won't be much difficulty to the whole thing there very well could be a couple of wipes here and there just because there are always people who have a hard time not screwing things up.
    I think the only issues will be dealing with... Lucifron's?... healing debuff, the core hound packs, and Geddon's bomb. The other fights are as classic tank-and-spank as it gets. They may not even translate the debuffs over due to the typical LFR environment, though I'd like to see them for nostalgia's sake.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see trash respawning every 5 minutes just to mess with people.