Fire Mage INSANE AoE Burst DMG WoD Say what?

altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=420

youtube.com/watch?v=CtmdO42Gux0&feature=youtu.be

Deleted
    Wrong forum.

also. damage output hasn't been tuned yet on beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, that ain't got nothin on Cataclysm.

All I know is Prismatic Crystal is overtuned in Beta.

Looks like I might play mage next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Looks like I might play mage next expansion.
    I've always been a fan of warlocks and never rerolled from it, but GOD this looks tempting... Not numbers, but animations-wise. Hope CR CBs will feel the same.. Haven't gotten my hands on beta yet sadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenyo View Post
    Wrong forum.

also. damage output hasn't been tuned yet on beta.
    It's not about the damage output, it's about the insane combo you can pull off via pandemic mechanics. This can't be balanced by number tuning, since that'll heavily gimp all non prismatic crystal / lb talent builds.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyloxy View Post
    altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=420

youtube.com/watch?v=CtmdO42Gux0&feature=youtu.be
    I like how you conveniently left out how hard it is to make the "omfgbbq AoE Burst" you linked happen in an actual fight, you just vomit the two links in the OP.

Should have given an even more attention grabbing title to the thread befitting of a warlock.
    Last edited by Difuid; 2014-08-11 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    All I know is Prismatic Crystal is overtuned in Beta.
    Just like Rune of Power, Prismatic Crystal simply isn't balanceable. Neither of them ever will be because they will ALWAYS be too good or too bad, depending on the situation and tuning; never a healthy balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    I like how you conveniently left out how hard it is to make the "omfgbbq AoE Burst" you linked happen in an actual fight, you just vomit the two links in the OP.
    It's actually not that hard, and you can simply go to Komma's thread on Altered-Time to check it out. If mobs last 16+ seconds, it's totally doable, too. If you can get your raid leader in on this and make them sit a tank still for awhile so you can omgwtfbbq them to death with this combo (especially if we're talking mobs with a ton of HP), they'll let you.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    I've always been a fan of warlocks and never rerolled from it, but GOD this looks tempting... Not numbers, but animations-wise. Hope CR CBs will feel the same.. Haven't gotten my hands on beta yet sadly.
    Fire Mage is great playstyle, especially in PvP. The adrenaline of the playstyle is immense. Sadly, I just couldn't get into my mage in general, but this spec really makes you alert every time. It's a great feeling.

I really don't get this thread. The OP is just lacking any special point worth a new thread. Hence this will be closed. Feel free to continue this discussion in the Beta thread where it belongs.

Thread closed.