Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I bought the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth; do you seriously think 100k will stop people from buying a mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    even if it was 10k, would people want it?

it's a snowmobile.
    Sure, at 100k fuck no because it isn't a two seater and doesn't have anything special but cost more than the mammoth and the yak. When did snowmobiles stop being kewl?

Wow, I can pay 100k for an ugly chopper? Where do I sign up? Oh wait, never mind. I seem to recall I already have a motorcycle that looks better and cost me like 12k on the AH years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Horde won - Alliance were the losers. The winners shouldn't have to pay. The losers should.
    I agree, but 100k is a bit crazy, especially when Blizzard fully knows most of their player base doesn't even have close to that. They could of left it at like 10-25k and most of them would think it's expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I agree, but 100k is a bit crazy, especially when Blizzard fully knows most of their player base doesn't even have close to that. They could of left it at like 10-25k and most of them would think it's expensive.
    the price is a punishment. 100k because the alliance didnt take the voting seriously. let this serve as a lesson next time, have some faction pride and try harder to win, so that you dont have to pay the price for losing.

people did as they were told, and voted which bike looked better. what they should have done was vote for which faction they preferred. stop the horde from winning their bike no matter which one was better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I think 15-20k is reasonable...a little more than the cost of making a mechanohog, but it is a newer model after all.

100k is wayyyyyyy too much for a mount without other functionality. you know what might make it worth the gold? if these bikes had a higher mount speed. THEN it becomes a worthwhile gold sink.

Don't forget to mention it's just a one seater mount. If it had transmog and vendor's attached to it that would be different.

There's no way in hell that the Alliance bike - Blizzard's generous gift of fan service to the community - will be sold at a final price tag of 100k, when 99% of all WoW players never had more than 10k in their pockets ant any time over the course of the game. Will undoubtedly be changed; current implementation is obviously for testing purposes (since no one in the beta has 100k to buy it anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by Ainyan View Post
    All it proved is that the Horde is more dedicated than the Alliance when it comes to clicking.
    Amen... Buncha dirty keyboard turning clickers

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow thats expensive. I was expecting around 15,000 Gold. Either way no one should complain about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I genuinely don't even want the chopper but if they do that, I will simply uninstall WoW and cancel. :/ That's just wrong.

Seriously? You don't even want it, now you are complaining that they are charging too much for it? Shouldn't you just be happy that they are even putting it in the game at all?

I still can't believe people complained enough to Blizzard that they put it in the game. Now instead of being thankful that it's in they aren't happy about the price. The voting should mean something. Not everyone won, why can't people just accept that and be grateful they are putting it in the game at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    Why do you guys keep flaunting that the Horde won the vote? Why wouldn't they win the vote? They are the most popular faction by a large margin and have been for the history of the game. Without even factoring in the looks of the mounts in question this contest favored the Horde based on that fact alone. Most population = most potential voters. So please stop acting like this was some fair contest when it was anything but.
    http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

Horde 7,133,661 (47.3%)
    Alliance 7,892,448 (52.4%)

The facts disagree with you, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Seriously? You don't even want it, now you are complaining that they are charging too much for it? Shouldn't you just be happy that they are even putting it in the game at all?

I still can't believe people complained enough to Blizzard that they put it in the game. Now instead of being thankful that it's in they aren't happy about the price. The voting should mean something. Not everyone won, why can't people just accept that and be grateful they are putting it in the game at all?
    They used time and money that could have helped push Wod out faster on two bikes. They were only gonna add one to the game which is even stupider. I like this solution more but 100k is unreasonable for a mount with no extra functions. If that bike was a two seater with transmog and vendors, I wouldn't even care but it just a bike....
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-08-08 at 02:27 AM.

I'm pretty certain the 100k price is a placeholder. 100k is extremely cheap. It's cheaper than the 'expensive' mount in MoP (the yak). And they made it sound like it was going to be "hefty" like something we have never seen.

Prices go up each expansion, not down. I was expecting 300-400k. The Yak is roughly 5 times more expensive than the Lich King expensive mount.

Although, I didn't expect people to complain about this....Blizzard could lower the price before the expansion hits if there is enough complaining.

Disclaimer: I am mainly Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty certain the 100k price is a placeholder. 100k is extremely cheap. It's cheaper than the 'expensive' mount in MoP (the yak). And they made it sound like it was going to be "hefty" like something we have never seen.

Prices go up each expansion, not down. I was expecting 300-400k. The Yak is roughly 5 times more expensive than the Lich King expensive mount.

Although, I didn't expect people to complain about this....Blizzard could lower the price before the expansion hits if there is enough complaining.

Disclaimer: I am mainly Alliance.
    nope, that price is pretty close to spot on in my opinion. its a price tag on losing. alliance lost, pay for it out of your pocket, and let it be a lesson to rally together next time and win a contest.

the price isnt reflective of the amount of amenities, but directly reflective of and reinforcing the alliance lost. dont want this to happen in the future? try harder to not let the other team win.

a 10~20k price would completely undermine the lesson to learn with this as its too easy to gather 20k quickly.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-08-08 at 02:28 AM.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Meh, wasn't interested in it based off the looks anyway. Have to say it's a stupid price for it, even though I could purchase a fleet of these if I wanted, if they want that price for an ugly one seater? No thanks blizz.
    Last edited by KWC3587; 2014-08-08 at 02:30 AM.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    nope, that price is pretty close to spot on in my opinion. its a price tag on losing. alliance lost, pay for it out of your pocket, and let it be a lesson to rally together next time and win a contest.

the price isnt reflective of the amount of amenities, but directly reflective of and reinforcing the alliance lost. dont want this to happen in the future? try harder to not let the other team win.

a 10~20k price would completely undermine the lesson to learn with this as its too easy to gather 20k quickly.
    You do realize that during the contest. There were no guarantees blizzard would add the losing bike into the game. The alliance bike in my opinion looks worse then the horde bike, but I still like both. during the contest I am pretty sure everyone wanted the best looking bike in game because they thought we were only getting one.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-08-08 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    the price is a punishment. 100k because the alliance didnt take the voting seriously. let this serve as a lesson next time, have some faction pride and try harder to win, so that you dont have to pay the price for losing.

people did as they were told, and voted which bike looked better. what they should have done was vote for which faction they preferred. stop the horde from winning their bike no matter which one was better.
    What? I did vote for the Alliance bike, and so did others.
    That logic is horribly flawed that those who did vote should have to pay 100k as a "lesson"

10+ Year Old Account
    What? I did vote for the Alliance bike, and so did others.
    That logic is horribly flawed that those who did vote should have to pay 100k as a "lesson"
    i was under the impression that there would be no loser bike at all. adding it in the game should come at a price as to not undermine the point of the contest in the first place. but since they decided to add it in, yes, the cost should reflect and make you think hard, dont vote for the other teams bike, no matter which one is prettier. (or whatever the faction contest happens to be, if ever another comes along)

the lesson for the collective group, not you specifically, is to not allow the other team to win. sorry you have to pay the price for the action of others, but it was a contest after all.

People angry over the Azeroth Choppers thing? Yup, that's a whole new level of sad.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!