Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFR 40 man mc. How many wipes on barron geddon are their going to be

While mc is long and most of the bosses are easy as well as the trash barron geddon is a small exception to the lot with his living bomb. You stack near raid with debuff and raid will die. How many people are going to stack in raid with debuff. kill everyone and blame everyone but themselves?

You think they wouldn't neuter the ability down into the ground?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

You do realize that Ordos has exactly the same ability. It's not deadly and just a nuissance. Why would you expect this to be different in a lfr environment?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're probably going to make all of the bosses really simple and easy because I doubt they'll launch this in wings and there are a lot more bosses in MC than in a single LFR wing. They probably want it to take a comparable amount of time to an LFR wing to complete.

Mc was always simple. Long as we have people who actually been to mc before the bosses would be cake. Especially the 2nd to last boss, all his "mechanic" focuses on is killing all the adds. Ragnaros is also the simple burn him before he burns you.

kindof not really, Baron's ability is magnified based on your sp, so if they hit someone who has really high, not only does the knockup occur, you take a lot more damage, and die to falling damage :P

To be honest, the trash packs to Magmadar will cause the most annoyance, people pullign to many, pulling to soon, not enough aoe damage etc. OR the Mind controls on the boss before him. Or the Sulfuron Harbinger, people not interrupting when they heal spam etc.. tbh, unless they super gut the raid, lfr is going to be hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    You do realize that Ordos has exactly the same ability. It's not deadly and just a nuissance. Why would you expect this to be different in a lfr environment?
    You have not been into a bad lfr yet have you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    They're probably going to make all of the bosses really simple and easy because I doubt they'll launch this in wings and there are a lot more bosses in MC than in a single LFR wing. They probably want it to take a comparable amount of time to an LFR wing to complete.
    Baron geddon and ragnaros are two exceptions to the rule, later being burn him before he burns you with adds. Trash to corehound boss is annoying if you have people pull mindlessly. Other than that the instance itself is long and boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    kindof not really, Baron's ability is magnified based on your sp, so if they hit someone who has really high, not only does the knockup occur, you take a lot more damage, and die to falling damage :P

To be honest, the trash packs to Magmadar will cause the most annoyance, people pullign to many, pulling to soon, not enough aoe damage etc. OR the Mind controls on the boss before him. Or the Sulfuron Harbinger, people not interrupting when they heal spam etc.. tbh, unless they super gut the raid, lfr is going to be hell.
    Hope they don't gut the mechanics too badly. Most is really just do not be a brain dead; Nearly everything is common sense in terms of not staying near people when boom happens and keep healing from happening. Or slow down on pulling and have best aoe people take care of the hounds then let them dry out.

I'm really going to enjoy watching as majordomo ports keyboard turners to his oversized grill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bomb will explode for the same amount as at lvl 60, no need to worry

Deleted
    Probably very easy, only hard boss in Molten Core was Ragnaros, and he was only hard because of the limited toolset players had at lv60 to handle sons of flame, now with tanks having multiple tools for aoe aggro, and dps having a ton of CC, the whole instance will no doubt be very easy.

It's LFR tuned and basically a holiday event so I think they're going more for an experience you can't really fail than anything else. I'd be surprised if there were any wipes.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All that aside, does this mean we get a boosted version of tier 1 armor? =D

none, I'll just solo the boss while the 39 other mongoloids run around doing w/e.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    All that aside, does this mean we get a boosted version of tier 1 armor? =D
    nope. more like transmog gear at best. we would have seen data~mined gear by now if it was. i actually think the new character screen gear is more likely to drop from these bosses. no stats, just transmog stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Probably very easy, only hard boss in Molten Core was Ragnaros, and he was only hard because of the limited toolset players had at lv60 to handle sons of flame, now with tanks having multiple tools for aoe aggro, and dps having a ton of CC, the whole instance will no doubt be very easy.
    True. Now if only they revamp one of the harder instances in vanilla. Refering to aq 40. Lfr in that place would be a horrible idea for obvious reasons "twin emperors, cthun and several others".

Quote Originally Posted by ztroller21 View Post
    Hope they don't gut the mechanics too badly.
    It's a freakin' anniversary event. Everyone gets to participate and "win."

You don't invite people to a birthday party and then give cake only to the people who can answer trivia questions or solve a Rubik's Cube in 2 minutes.

Everybody gets cake and everybody claps and it's happy 10th Anniversary WoW for everyone!

(Is it really hard to understand?)

Quote Originally Posted by ztroller21 View Post
    While mc is long and most of the bosses are easy as well as the trash barron geddon is a small exception to the lot with his living bomb. You stack near raid with debuff and raid will die. How many people are going to stack in raid with debuff. kill everyone and blame everyone but themselves?
    Lol this ability will barely exist it is LFR that alone tells you that the only thing that'll cause you to wipe is half the raid AFKing. Blizz learned their lesson with Durumu (as you can see with them making thok the faceroll god).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    It's a freakin' anniversary event. Everyone gets to participate and "win."

You don't invite people to a birthday party and then give cake only to the people who can answer trivia questions or solve a Rubik's Cube in 2 minutes.

Everybody gets cake and everybody claps and it's happy 10th Anniversary WoW for everyone!

(Is it really hard to understand?)
    Everyone already gets their cake (corgi) the raid is probably more the pin the tail on the donkey event where the winners get an extra prize.

I'm more concerned about Ragnaros's infamous knockbacks. That lava hurts!

10+ Year Old Account
    can't wait to see people at the stone giant boss tunnelling his "godmode" corehounds and wondering why aren't they dying
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Lol this ability will barely exist it is LFR that alone tells you that the only thing that'll cause you to wipe is half the raid AFKing.
    Well it wouldn't be authentic to the original if they didn't balance him around the idea of half the raid being AFK.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.