7+ Year Old Account
    Are the vs sims done with focusing shot? I use lone wolf...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teksranger View Post
    Are the vs sims done with focusing shot? I use lone wolf...
    Sims are done with each talent combination and the preferred talents on the front page are selected based on highest dps in given scenarios. That's why people will advise you to use FS on fights without too heavy movement and LW on fights where you cannot personally fit in the FS casts necessary to make it worth it.

Personally I use FS on every fight, with the exception of progression fights where burst is more valued (here, I run LW with MM).

They're not based on highest DPS, they're based on what is most commonly found in raids/SHOULD most commonly be found in raids, so Thrill, Crows, Barrage, Focusing Shot.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2015-01-08 at 11:41 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dammit. I play surv with LW. Eh can't be that bad of a DPS loss.

Can. Will. Is. FS just lets you run your "rotation" much more smooth and allows more AS in between other shots.

Deleted
    You should give FS as serious go. I find it to be a much more pleasant rotation.

You cast ES, BA and Crows on CD, dump focus with AS, cast 1 FS when starved, boom, full bar again. It's very very pleasant to focus dump with it as opposed to Steady Shot where you need to calculate how many you need to stay casting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenexa View Post
    You should give FS as serious go. I find it to be a much more pleasant rotation.

You cast ES, BA and Crows on CD, dump focus with AS, cast 1 FS when starved, boom, full bar again. It's very very pleasant to focus dump with it as opposed to Steady Shot where you need to calculate how many you need to stay casting.
    Will the movement in the fights make it too hard to use?

Deleted
    Using Focusing Shot + Steady Focus as MM is dps increase on butcher type fights? Because i always seem to run the standard thrill/LW myself. Never put much thought on any other talents for MM.

Will the movement in the fights make it too hard to use?
    No. Not running focusing is convenient, but having it works on all of the fights I've done so far (no mythic fights yet).

FS for Surv, LW for MM imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    No. Not running focusing is convenient, but having it works on all of the fights I've done so far (no mythic fights yet).

How should my playstyle change with FS? How should it be properly used? How long does it take to get used to?

Focus shot is a lot harder to use on mythic progression, theres a lot of movement on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by ragetg View Post
    Focus shot is a lot harder to use on mythic progression, theres a lot of movement on most fights.
    Yeah, I imagine. I do prefer MM so...

A question, what would be better for hc tectus out of survival and MM? Survival will get the higher numbers sure, but I imagine kill shot is useful for upheavals.

Yeah, I imagine. I do prefer MM so...

A question, what would be better for hc tectus out of survival and MM? Survival will get the higher numbers sure, but I imagine kill shot is useful for upheavals.
    That depends on if your guild has trouble with upheaval, in heroic if you are having problems with upheaval it'l probably go away with more ilvls on your raid. If not than sure marks is probably pretty good for it, but I think you'd go BM not survival if you wanted higher DPS on tectus.

That depends on if your guild has trouble with upheaval, in heroic if you are having problems with upheaval it'l probably go away with more ilvls on your raid. If not than sure marks is probably pretty good for it, but I think you'd go BM not survival if you wanted higher DPS on tectus.
    Well, I have no interest in going BM at the moment to be honest. Which is why I'm asking.

Eh.

I do not believe that Kill Shot is going to make a significant difference in killing shit before Upheavals or reaching that quicker. Simply having higher DPS will be a much bigger deal in that regard, so I'd go Survival still.

7+ Year Old Account
    So focusing shot+thrill for SV eveything short of mythic?

Deleted
    So focusing shot+thrill for SV eveything short of mythic?
    FS/SF vs FS/TotH is weird. I'll probably get shit for saying this, but to me it seems like it comes down to personal output.

All my personal sims show that SF > TotH, and I find the SF rotation to be smoother as well, so I'm running SF despite Azor's sims showing TotH to be superior. It just works better for me. Now, if I learned to optimize TotH perfectly I might be able to use it and squeeze a few hundred more DPS out, but until my own sims show TotH to be superior I won't do that.

FS is definitely king, but it's not like going SF over TotH will COMPLETELY tank your performance. Now I'm going to raise my shield for the rebuttal.

No rebuttal from me, you didn't start pretending it was better just because you prefer it. The sims do not even show ToTH as being superior, more like a few hundred DPS behind. I've covered my reasoning for ToTH briefly in the OP and in length several times in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    switched from MM straight to SV FS this week on mythic prog and did an exceptional 5/7 clear. wasnt too bad for tectus either.

This. It is still possible on a lot of fights to use it but there are some where it really is just better to use LW.

For me even twins I prefer it because I am the one in raid baiting charges which usually puts me moving a lot more due to fire. Tectus mythic ... well yea it's just a ton of movement.