Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    We want to test the new specs but when you are doing 15k dps and everyone is at 25k ish plus, you are going to test with the spec that makes you at least not completely in the dumpster.

Whoa, why! That's why I'm testing on the beta. Getting logs and VoDs of Marksmanship in vain hope that they'll look over the logs and VoDs to tweak Marksmanship!
    Sometimes I out DPS the tank.

But really, you should play what you want to get tested and to get data on so you can pass it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    Whoa, why! That's why I'm testing on the beta. Getting logs and VoDs of Marksmanship in vain hope that they'll look over the logs and VoDs to tweak Marksmanship!
    Sometimes I out DPS the tank.

But really, you should play what you want to get tested and to get data on so you can pass it on.
    Because doing half the damage as other specs/classes isn't contributing anything. Sure it doesn't really matter to do it a couple attempts, but if you actually want to get further in the fight and need some damage, you are going to play the better spec. Now if the specs were closer it's different, but 15k to 35k is a big gap I think. Even 15 to 25k is huge. When other classes are doubling your damage(and I'm not talking about the op broken specs), you aren't bringing anything but making the boss harder by being in the actual raid and scaling it up. Now ofc when you have basically seen all you can see out of the boss, then sure play all those garbage specs, but that's not the point. Most people are just going to naturally test the best spec, usually how it is. You aren't seeing a lot of arcane mages right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Also, Celestalon confirmed that 35% KS perk for BM is now removed
    Why did they remove it instead of just buffing the other two? lol. Also, isn't every other execute in-game 35%?

When other classes are doubling your damage(and I'm not talking about the op broken specs), you aren't bringing anything but making the boss harder
    Naw, they're too busy walking into arcane bombs or strafing into passable debuffs

Deleted
    I used all the pull but the last one for yesterday's testing playing SV and it didn't feel absolutely awful but getting a good LnL chain of procs and not being able to use all the charges before you have to regen focus through cobra felt really off, and with how the spec plays with the massive amount of focus dumping every 6 seconds makes AMoC very awkward to use on cd.

The focus regen feels a lot slower compared to BM which doesn't really help when you have 6 seconds widows to regen the entire focus bar.

Other than that the general lack of cd and execute makes the spec feel empty.

I know nothing about rogue, but playing it in raid test tonight made me very happy, as opposed to the sadness I felt when playing hunter.
    Retired hunter

Other than the obvious I'll have to say that the lv100 talents feel extremely lame right now, poisoned ammo is just stingv2.0, Incendiary ammo wont have much use in a raid (maybe on 1 boss that stands out), Focusing shot is just terrible, Adaptation is fair but honestly I dont even know I'm raiding with lv100 talents. Only talent that seems to have potential is lone wolf but I didnt even srsly test that yet because sv/mm sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Other than that the general lack of cd and execute makes the spec feel empty.
    The execute part I don't get cos KS never felt like an execute to me. The only good thing i can think of KS was that it was free.

Even CD wise survival never had a kit appropriate CD. RF was iconic to MM. Stampede goes well with BM. AMoC was the only thing that suited survival and we still have that. I'm not saying SV doesn't need a cd, just that the CDs it lost now, I wont miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    AMoC was the only thing that suited survival and we still have that. I'm not saying SV doesn't need a cd, just that the CDs it lost now, I wont miss.
    AMoC doesnt suit Survival at all. In fact, it suits BM better than either of our other specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Also, Celestalon confirmed that 35% KS perk for BM is now removed, and they will compensate around damage if needed for the change.
    huge mistake. it was a lot fun being able to kill shot adds in beta raids. now mobs are dead once again before any kill shot can reach its target.

Here's a question: What's the current burst potential of Survival?
    I assume you'll only have three ticks at once even if you have 5 pooled GCDs, given (ES1 [ES2,1 {ES3,2,1) ES3,2] ES3} - is this correct or do you elongate the ES tick so long as you get a new tick rolling before the last tick expires?

Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    huge mistake. it was a lot fun being able to kill shot adds in beta raids. now mobs are dead once again before any kill shot can reach its target.
    Aren't the other executes in-game 35% or have something that makes them proc above 20%?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    I know nothing about rogue, but playing it in raid test tonight made me very happy, as opposed to the sadness I felt when playing hunter.
    It was nice knowing you then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    Here's a question: What's the current burst potential of Survival?
    I assume you'll only have three ticks at once even if you have 5 pooled GCDs, given (ES1 [ES2,1 {ES3,2,1) ES3,2] ES3} - is this correct or do you elongate the ES tick so long as you get a new tick rolling before the last tick expires?
    The current potential is None because explosive shot hits for almost nothing

The current potential is None because explosive shot hits for almost nothing
    The burst potential, not the damage throughput. I don't know a particularly clear way to explain what I mean right now.
    I haven't played Survival on live because I hate it and I haven't tested it extensively on beta - which apparently wouldn't be useful anyway, since it's apparently broken. So the real answer is who knows, it's broken!

edit; oh, I know how to explain. Assume 5 proc pool cast.
    Would it look like this sorta: 3000, 6000, 9000, 9000, 9000, 6000, 3000
    Or something more like this: 3000, 5000, 6300, 7200, 7800, 7800, 7800
    Last edited by Nakauri; 2014-08-09 at 04:05 AM.

Deleted
    Question1: Do freezing/ice trap still share a cooldown? Since you no longer have snake trap to proc entrapment, do you have to choose between the freeze and the root?

Question2: Does MM still have the draenor perk +5y to all attacks?

Question3: How much does MM mastery increase the range of all shots with next season pvp gear, and does it stack with the +5y range from Question2

Question4: Does The beast within still function as on live (i.e. frees the hunter from all CC although it's not on the tooltip)

Question5: How does the new trapping mechanic work? Do you freeze them IMMEDIATELY when you hit them with the trap-targeting circle, or rather after the trap has "traveled" and hit the ground? In other words, when does the trapping occur: when you click with the mouse or when the trap lands? And do you have to target them exactly or the trap can be a little to the side of the target?

Thanks in advance to whoever will answer )

09-08-2014: Added some basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Question1: Do freezing/ice trap still share a cooldown? Since you no longer have snake trap to proc entrapment, do you have to choose between the freeze and the root?

Question2: Does MM still have the draenor perk +5y to all attacks?

Question3: How much does MM mastery increase the range of all shots with next season pvp gear, and does it stack with the +5y range from Question2

Question4: Does The beast within still function as on live (i.e. frees the hunter from all CC although it's not on the tooltip)

Question5: How does the new trapping mechanic work? Do you freeze them IMMEDIATELY when you hit them with the trap-targeting circle, or rather after the trap has "traveled" and hit the ground? In other words, when does the trapping occur: when you click with the mouse or when the trap lands? And do you have to target them exactly or the trap can be a little to the side of the target?

Thanks in advance to whoever will answer )
    1: Yes
    2: Don't think so, might have been baked into Mastery
    3: They all should stack
    4: Should do, haven't tested
    5: If you played a class with instant-target-reticule spells such as Warlock Shadowfury, it works exactly like that. The moment you press your mouse button, it launches and already traps before it even lands. Also the trap range is pretty good, obviously a skill shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    5: If you played a class with instant-target-reticule spells such as Warlock Shadowfury, it works exactly like that. The moment you press your mouse button, it launches and already traps before it even lands. Also the trap range is pretty good, obviously a skill shot.
    And it only took 10 years.

Deleted
    What happened to dire beast on single targer? Is it shit now?