The T17 Set Bonus thing was probably an exploit, which is why it was fixed.

This just takes advantage of how the RPPM system works. It has worked since Siege, and is widely used by other classes. You're not abusing any bug, either, since making RPPM trinkets have a very high proc chance in the start of combat in raids was a deliberate choice to control RNG from back in ToT.

Tricks like that are fine and all, but if some shmuck pulls 2-3 seconds before the timer, you're sitting around with subpar trinkets. On farm it makes no difference I guess.

Is it worth it to go BM for xhul? We have 4 hunters and I was thinking I could go bm kite and still do good add damagr. Is it viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    Is it worth it to go BM for xhul? We have 4 hunters and I was thinking I could go bm kite and still do good add damagr. Is it viable?
    Depends on your comp, if the rest of the range/melee are filled with Warriors/Shamans/Rogues then stay MM. I personally go BM because I kite the shadow adds and it's pretty difficult to get proper ST uptime when kiting them. I am always #1 on Imp damage also as BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Best practice is to preproc the Stone of the Elements and a Malicious Censer, then switching to Mirror and Fel-Spring Coil for the rest of the fight.

This means you get 2x high-Agi procs on top of 15% agi from the ring, and proceed to equip 2 trinkets with high static agility in their own right, making maximum usage of the ring proc. I get like 12-13k Agility off the pull this way.
    I'm sorry but how exactly is this pull done ? I read the reply a few posts back but I'm not sure what "Fruit Basket" is lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    I'm sorry but how exactly is this pull done ? I read the reply a few posts back but I'm not sure what "Fruit Basket" is lol
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=119083/fruit-basket

When you cast that toy on a boss, it puts you in combat for the duration of its cast, without actually pulling the boss. It travels at 15 yards a second, giving you 2 seconds of time to do your thing before it hits the boss (when standing at max, 30yd range for actually casting it).

So, you cast it, you're in combat, then you proc the trinkets with a macro, then Feign Death (while the Fruit Basket still flies), equip your regular gear, and by this time the boss will pretty much be pulled, either by someone hitting it at 0s on the pulltimer, or the Fruit hitting it (and pulling the boss).

7+ Year Old Account
    Could anyone share the macro please?
    http://re-lapse.enjin.com/
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild
    If you have what it takes, apply.

I've been using this one and it's working for me.
    /use Fruit Basket
    /cast Trap Launcher
    /cast Aspect of the Cheetah
    /cast Arcane Torrent
    /cast Exhilaration
    /cast [target=focus] Misdirection
    /cast Camouflage
    /cast Feign Death
    /use Draenic Agility Potion
    /equipset Normal(change this to your set)
    /equip Maalus

Deleted
    It seems like a nice gimmick but isn´t it all a bit wasted, because Maalus has a 30sec Cooldown after equipping it again? It would be nice to pump all the agility buffs into the on Use of Maalus, but it doesnt seem to work that way and you´re effectively desyncing yours from the rest of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Taleh View Post
    It seems like a nice gimmick but isn´t it all a bit wasted, because Maalus has a 30sec Cooldown after equipping it again? It would be nice to pump all the agility buffs into the on Use of Maalus, but it doesnt seem to work that way and you´re effectively desyncing yours from the rest of the raid.
    It's not wasted. You can still gain the benefit of Maalus (both the damage buff and the explosion) and it will get put on it's normal 2min cd, the only caveat is that you can't use Maalus yourself as it's on the 30s equip cd. As you can see here, I have both ring buffs on pull.

Deleted
    Strange, I tried it with a friend and Maalus didnt activate for me when it was on its 30 second CD and he activated it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does this preproc thing always work, been using macro above and it isn't proccing my censer
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Tekslol View Post
    Does this preproc thing always work, been using macro above and it isn't proccing my censer
    No it sometimes does and sometimes doesn't, I personally have basket + cammo + trap launcher + pot bound and a seperate bind for /equip maluus and feign

I must be missing something here, but then again, i just woke up...

I'm failing to see the benefit of unequipping and equipping maalus with that macro.. What do we gain by equiping it right before the start other than triggering the personal activation cd of the ring?

You equip the older version of the ring that gives you +10% agi proc then requip Maalus along with the rest of your trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

I can't get this to work (trying on dummy)
    -ring won't proc at all - I have to hit the dummy
    -using BHotM trinket - when I use it at the start of a macro it goes into cd, but no buff

Quote Originally Posted by saistain View Post
    I can't get this to work (trying on dummy)
    -ring won't proc at all - I have to hit the dummy
    -using BHotM trinket - when I use it at the start of a macro it goes into cd, but no buff
    Dummy isn't coded like raid bosses. Bosses have almost 100%? chance to trigger RPPM effects on pull.
    You'll lose BHotM buff if you change it to another trinket.

e: Try to set pet on dummy so you are in combat. Then spam abilities like cheetah and trap launcer and you'll get your ring and alchemy trinket proc. Camouflage also procs tyrant trinket.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2015-10-07 at 11:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Could someone explain this prepull trinket and old ring proccing step by step?
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    You equip the older version of the ring that gives you +10% agi proc then requip Maalus along with the rest of your trinkets.
    Ah that makes sense now. Thx for the explanation mate.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Dummy isn't coded like raid bosses. Bosses have almost 100%? chance to trigger RPPM effects on pull.
    You'll lose BHotM buff if you change it to another trinket.

e: Try to set pet on dummy so you are in combat. Then spam abilities like cheetah and trap launcer and you'll get your ring and alchemy trinket proc. Camouflage also procs tyrant trinket.
    ah, i see

Is it just BHotM or all on use trinkets? do all proc trinkets, e.g., censer and alchemy one work fine?

also, can you feign death at any point in a boss fight and change your trinkets?