10+ Year Old Account

[WoD] Words of Mending + Atonement

I read this on wowhead in the comments of WoM... can anyone confirm?

■ WoM does stack from both atoned offensive spells & their multistrikes
    ■ WoM does not stack from the multistrikes of direct healing spells

■The free Prayer of Mending does NOT trigger from Atonement, you need to cast a direct heal to trigger the free PoM.

■ Penance cast against a hostile target grants you 3 stacks of WoM; unlike using it on a friendly target only grants you 1 stack (granting you up to 6 potential stacks from ahostile cast if all 3 hits multistrike)
    if this is true it seems to imply that WoM synergizes way better with atonement healing than direct healing...

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

On beta, testing on dummies:

1. WoM does stack from offensive atonement spells* (see next point), but it does not stack from their atonement's multistrikes.
    2. WoM does not seem to be stacking from offensive Penance at all. I'm sure this is unintended/a bug, because it does stack from HF/PW:Sol/Smite's atonement healing, as well as from direct defensive casts of Penance. But as of this moment, NO ticks of offensive Penance give me a WoM stack.
    3. WoM does not proc from the multistrikes of direct healing spells.
    4. You must cast a targeted healing spell in order to proc the free PoM from WoM.

TL;DR: sorry, but it's not true. In fact, it's exactly the opposite for Penance.
    Last edited by Tulani; 2014-08-07 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
    On beta, testing on dummies:

[snip]

TL;DR: sorry, but it's not true. In fact, it's exactly the opposite for Penance.

Thank you very much for testing,
    I felt something must be wrong with the description.... i think it must surely be a bug if offensive penance is not granting a stack of WoM
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2014-08-07 at 04:47 PM.

The bug is actually getting WoM stacks from atonement, this is not supposed to happen and it's already confirmed by celestalon as a bug. Not getting WoM stacks from offensive penance is actually working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    The bug is actually getting WoM stacks from atonement, this is not supposed to happen and it's already confirmed by celestalon as a bug. Not getting WoM stacks from offensive penance is actually working as intended.
    ooh really? ok then

Yes, we can't have any spell interactions now can we?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would replace WoM with something different. It's really weak for a level 100 talent. Or make it so that PoM now jumps to two targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, we can't have any spell interactions now can we?
    Correct, Disc can't have anything cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    I wish they would replace WoM with something different. It's really weak for a level 100 talent. Or make it so that PoM now jumps to two targets.
    Or, you know, give us an interraction, and then, god forbid, maybe even tune it too
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered