Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Drug laws are out of control. Period. They need to go away or changed since they were established on false health repercussions anyway.

    Also Texas. A state that rivals Florida.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  2. #62
    If jaywalking became a felony, I would always use the crosswalks.

  3. #63
    So the man can get off with no jail time if he behaves for the next couple years.

    However, I think the targeting of drug laws is flawed. Its drug demand that needs to be decreased, not just supply.

    And no, you don't have the human right to stupefy yourself.

  4. #64
    It's ridiculous, here i would get off with a warning.

    Edit, just read that he had some oil and that he was selling, still if it was my first time a warning or perhaps 1-2 years tops for the selling part.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2014-08-08 at 09:39 AM.

  5. #65
    How amusing that this site is so pro drug. I hope he gets locked up for a very long time (not life) and learns not to be so stupid in the future.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    The scariest part of that article - The Extremist nut jobs in the comments section.
    well its fox

    OT: I think that in drug related offensives, a really austere fine should be placed. The court should deduce how much money he made from selling the brownies and quadruple that amount for a fine or something similar. It would keep a lot of deadbeats away from that stuff.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2014-08-08 at 11:11 AM.

  7. #67
    Deleted
    I believe it is time we moved past the drug regulations. Either that, or make the penalties a lot less severe.

  8. #68
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,891
    He's facing a sentence that can between 5 to life. So its not like he's automatically getting life if guilty, but that's the range of possible sentencing. Any reasonable judge wouldn't give him life. Life for brownies is fucking stupid. But on the other hand, five years for brownies is fucking stupid. A year or two, if we want to be stupid and continue to make this shit illegal at most.

    But honestly, just legalize the damn shit.

  9. #69
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Any reasonable judge
    Reminder : We're talking about Texas.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  10. #70
    no room to complain, if you agree or disagree with the laws they still apply and you take risks breaking them.

  11. #71
    Why do assholes keep breaking the law and expecting to get away with it without punishment?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Drug laws are out of control. Period. They need to go away or changed since they were established on false health repercussions anyway.

    Also Texas. A state that rivals Florida.
    you make that sound like all drugs? in that case i say you know no meth, heroin, cocaine/crack heavy abusers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    well its fox

    OT: I think that in drug related offensives, a really austere fine should be placed. The court should deduce how much money he made from selling the brownies and quadruple that amount for a fine or something similar. It would keep a lot of deadbeats away from that stuff.
    really? thats all? i would sell again all day if it was that easy - get caught what? every 1 out of 100 sells, pay the fine and be like cya. unless you're a really shitty drug dealer getting popped daily you would make bank without fear.

  13. #73
    Life in prison when hours away, people in Colorado are baking them for retail sale.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8


  14. #74
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,891
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Why do assholes keep breaking the law and expecting to get away with it without punishment?
    It's not so much that he shouldn't be punished (though the necessity of anti-pot laws is debatable) as much as the possible sentence being overly harsh. He did break a law, that regardless of what you think of that law, was enforced at the time of the crime (and still is.) Thus he still has to face some sentence. But life is a bit too extreme, even, as I argued, 5 years is a bit too extreme.

  15. #75
    Elemental Lord Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    8,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's not so much that he shouldn't be punished (though the necessity of anti-pot laws is debatable) as much as the possible sentence being overly harsh. He did break a law, that regardless of what you think of that law, was enforced at the time of the crime (and still is.) Thus he still has to face some sentence. But life is a bit too extreme, even, as I argued, 5 years is a bit too extreme.
    Which is why he was offered a plea deal for 0 years in prison, with 0 months, and 0 weeks, and 0 days... the system allows for the reduction of sentences... and this whole thread is just a bunch of people making stock pro-drug anti-jail, or pro-jail comments without reading the actual story to find out the OP is just a troll...
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  16. #76
    Exactly^ if "life" was really on the table, they'd never offer a 0 time plea deal. 5 years, 2 with good behavior is probably still a bit harsh.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    5 years, 2 with good behavior is probably still a bit harsh.
    For being a drug dealer?
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  18. #78
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    For being a drug dealer?
    He made a few brownies, jesus fucking christ. Let me guess, 'murican?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Life in prison when hours away, people in Colorado are baking them for retail sale.
    Different states... are different. No different than something illegal in Spain being legal in France. The states are political sovereignties as well, they didn't become neighboring towns just because a central government was formed.

    Trying to browbeat a DA out of prosecuting an apparently persistent felon with pot legalization public opinion... just not sure that is the best possible representation for this client.

  20. #80
    Yes, it would be grossly excessive.

    I see no evidence that such a sentence is being pursued. They offered him a no-jail-time plea-bargain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •