Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolrogueplayer View Post
    I just want 3 good talents on all the tiers instead of 1 and the 3 specs to feel different. Im also sick of playing sub being the only choice for pvp since 3.3.5.

clearly im a minority I will never get what I want so I just have to continue to stay away from wow.
    I can agree too that, playing sub feels like playing a game of keeping dots and buffs op, not really compelling it's like im sitting with a check list, do I have SnD up? check, am I low? recup CHECK, is faint up? CHECK! whats my energy at? CHECK are my cooldowns ready so I can start doing something other than cc? CHECK!

Calm down buddy boy. It will be ok. The difference between you and I is that I have accepted the fact that the rogue talent tree will never, and I mean never, be interesting. That is why I am switching to priest.

Back to mobility tier. I can see where you are coming from, except maybe, just maybe, instead of copying a talent tree from another spec, we could collaborate some ideas together that are actually different. By the way, I never say Burst of Speed and Shadowstep are the only possibilities. To clear myself up a little, Shadowstep is the go to possibility. Burst of Speed is cool and all, but most of the time the rogue will take Shadowstep. There is nothing I can think of to beat that. Why take displacer beast when you can get Shadowstep and step anyone and anything? Then on top of that, you get a movement speed increase. Why would you want charge? Do you want a travel time? No. No rogue wants a travel time. This is exactly why I proposed they knock out the whole tier, make Shadowstep baseline, give the snare and root clear to Sprint, and start over with something new and more interesting. What should they do I'm not sure of at the moment. Possibly something like Warrior level 15 tier like someone suggested earlier in this thread or the BoS thread. Or, give us something completely new. Just off the top of my head, I would probably lean towards an AoE/cleaving tier. Something with a similar effect to Flurry of Xuen. Rogue has chance to proc massive steroid dagger attacks cleaving for x amount of damage for x seconds. Just one choice. I'll work on some ideas this week. I just personally would rather that than movement stuff. Problem here is, you are arguing for PvP purposes, and I'm arguing for PvE purposes. The only thing we can agree on is CnD is shit. It is useless. The two times it was actually worth it, they said nope.

The problem with trying to get something going for us is the devs think we are basically the best built class. Tuning aside, they think our specs are perfect and we don't need many changes. Total bs imo. And to top it off, we need a whole talent tree rework, not just the movement tier.
    Last edited by Xaide; 2014-08-11 at 04:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaide View Post
    Calm down buddy boy. It will be ok. The difference between you and I is that I have accepted the fact that the rogue talent tree will never, and I mean never, be interesting. That is why I am switching to priest.

Back to mobility tier. I can see where you are coming from, except maybe, just maybe, instead of copying a talent tree from another spec, we could collaborate some ideas together that are actually different. By the way, I never say Burst of Speed and Shadowstep are the only possibilities. To clear myself up a little, Shadowstep is the go to possibility. Burst of Speed is cool and all, but most of the time the rogue will take Shadowstep. There is nothing I can think of to beat that. Why take displacer beast when you can get Shadowstep and step anyone and anything? Then on top of that, you get a movement speed increase. Why would you want charge? Do you want a travel time? No. No rogue wants a travel time. This is exactly why I proposed they knock out the whole tier, make Shadowstep baseline, give the snare and root clear to Sprint, and start over with something new and more interesting. What should they do I'm not sure of at the moment. Possibly something like Warrior level 15 tier like someone suggested earlier in this thread or the BoS thread. Or, give us something completely new. Just off the top of my head, I would probably lean towards an AoE/cleaving tier. Something with a similar effect to Flurry of Xuen. Rogue has chance to proc massive steroid dagger attacks cleaving for x amount of damage for x seconds. Just one choice. I'll work on some ideas this week. I just personally would rather that than movement stuff. Problem here is, you are arguing for PvP purposes, and I'm arguing for PvE purposes. The only thing we can agree on is CnD is shit. It is useless. The two times it was actually worth it, they said nope.

The problem with trying to get something going for us is the devs think we are basically the best built class. Tuning aside, they think our specs are perfect and we don't need many changes. Total bs imo. And to top it off, we need a whole talent tree rework, not just the movement tier.
    If we want a good third option in the mobility tier, it is safer to ask for something that already exists in other classes. Because if we would dare to come up with something new, unique and interesting( again), it will surely be implemented, just not for the rogue class. They will give it to one of the other classes, or wait until they have a new class so they can give it to that class instead.

I think we have been giving nice and unique ideas for the last three expansions. Things that were by no means overpowered, or easily adaptable to make them ok. Both here and on the forum.
    Many rogues have given good feedback on where the problems are for the class, and how to fix them without making something overpowered.
    Lots of rogues have pointed towards the talent tree, whined about the prep-step shit making them unviable in PvP, and all and every suggestion was dismissed by both devs, who indeed think ‘rogues are fine’, and the rest of the player base that hates the class so much, they want to see the class broken.

There are two ways left to show the devs that the class is not okay:
    1. Stop playing the class and reroll.
    2. Stop playing altogether and just quit WoW.