Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Molten Core. Spent ages with the guild getting enough people together and running 5-10 man dungeons to get everyone decently geared up. Enter and see the two Molten Giants (I think that's what they were called) standing there and our RL explaining that his friend who had been here before and given him some tips (seeing as there were no strategy guides out there) had told him those two are extremely difficult to get past.
    We wiped twice before getting them down, and as we all crossed the bridge and had time to look around, it felt so damn epic.

Molten giants and lag vs the raid.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember raiding Stratholme before Christmas, around the same time Mara came out. We had a solid like 20+ players in there..it took a long time, it was seemingly mostly corpse zerging. I don't think we completed an UBRS key until January.

Then I remember doing Molten Core a bunch of times in January / February. I was a hunter, we cc'd stuff and I kited a lot while trying to not pull aggro on our main target, interesting days. I remember getting to Lucifron a few times and just dying instantly, I still don't know how anyone 5 manned that. We killed Ragnaros in May.

The first time I saw Ragnaros rise up and the first time we attempted Onyxia (if not just got into the room) were probably the two best moments in the entire game.

We wiped several times to the very first two molten giants in molten core.
    2 trash mobs were too hard for a 40 man raid.
    Those were the days.

Deleted
    Bonestorm !!!!!!!!

"Loot the dogs!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan, doing like 340 dps on attunmen on a lock because I was literally the worst player ever. Still embarassed to this day!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Molten Core on EU-Skullcrusher. It was a mix of some guilds, including members of Last Resort. Playing on that realm was beyond awesome.

UBRS.
    I was healing as a resto shaman, paying attention to the players' health but also was looking around. We got to Beast, apparently I got in too close and agro'd. Died pretty quickly, though was able to ahnk up and heal up the raid for my mistake. I just wanted to know what the boss was

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive never raided before.

Kara on my spacegoat ret pally, next day gruul's lair. got full tier 4 and hammer of narru felt like a boss.

Healing as a priest in AQ20, it wasn't even my character/account and I'm fairly sure it was Shadow spec... I didn't have a clue what I was doing, had no experience playing WoW let alone a priest. I thought I was awesome because I was casting renews on people but I think they had a few laughs over me.

My first real raid as my own character wasn't until TBC when I bought the game and did Karazhan on my Warrior. I was playing Fury with the Sonic Spear from Shadow Labs, 2handed and I remember us doing Moroes and then the Curator. The Curator was a new kill for the guild I believe, I also remember getting the dagger from Moroes and had switched to duel wield later using 2 daggers.

It all sounds pretty crazy using 2handers and dual daggers as Fury but at that point it was actually pretty viable, I had to do PVP to replace my main hand dagger with the Gladiator S1 sword... I was so happy when I finally had a weapon with Mongoose.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My first was karazhan enjoyed it heaps, to the point I went and got attuned to it.. Even still have the jar that summons Nightbane..

Back in Cata, my guild went and did AQ (the Temple). I think ten of us went. We had a full raid team of tanks, healers, and then the dps. There were at least three 85s and then the rest of us were 70s and 60s.

We wiped like three times on the Twins, and then twice or so on C'Thun.

It was more than a little pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Maexxna in Naxx wotlk.

Attumen the Huntsman, with 9 people I barely knew, was fun.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The very first MC raid that I ever did was with a guild that didn't speak English as the primary language, all raid instructions were in a language I didn't speak. We did go on to get all of the sever firsts except one.

Deleted
    Like many other people here my first raiding memory is molten core. We found the trash to be quite difficult at first but once we got our act together (stop randomly dpsing everything and hit the tanks target) quite a few bosses went down that first night. I distinctly remember some swedish guy mining all the dark iron ore and then leaving the raid when asked to share it, and then some kid being really vocal about NEEEEEEEDING some loot despite already receiving an upgrade earlier in the raid.

That night we all felt as if we had 'stepped up' somehow. Good times

Deleted
    Gruuls Lair, I was a retri paladin with awful gear, I had absolutely no right to be in that raid, I have no idea how I got into it, but I distinctly remember smashing through it with ease, I was carried massively and felt really inferior to everyone in the raid, I even got some tier shoulders which I felt I was thoroughly undeserving of. After that I can safely say I made sure I was never the dead weight ever again, felt awful :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Emeriss, Dragon of Nightmare in classic... long time ago.