Question Difficulty of SoO N?

Hello all! I have decided I would like to get the "Ahead of the Curve" mount from Garrosh before WoD hits. However, the only problem is that I don't really PvE at all. Assuming I learn the fight, I was wondering if I respec, regemmed, and reforged would I be ok going in full 550 Prideful? I know PvP stats aren't on the item budget but I was still curious if this would be too much of a hinderance. Maybe I should try 25 man?

I would probably prefer to go as Disc, but I could also go as Shadow. I do have a fully upgraded Relic of Chi-Ji and LFR version of Prismatic Prison of Pride. I just want my wolf! Thanks for the help in advance. ^_^

You'll probably have a hard time finding a pug for garrosh in full pvp gear. You could likely easily get a group for the rest of the normal and try to replace some of ur pvp gear then going for garrosh.

You could buy a carry, they go for about 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by apluscarp View Post
    You could buy a carry, they go for about 20k.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was necessary though. I read that normal Siege is designed for item level 520, which I am 30 levels above even if it is with PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    You'll probably have a hard time finding a pug for garrosh in full pvp gear. You could likely easily get a group for the rest of the normal and try to replace some of ur pvp gear then going for garrosh.
    You can get one in less than 10 min any monday using oq. As OP pointed out PvP gear has pretty much the same stat budget than PvE gear so gear would not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    You can get one in less than 10 min any monday using oq. As OP pointed out PvP gear has pretty much the same stat budget than PvE gear so gear would not be an issue.
    Aside from trinkets and set bonus' being useless.

If you can somehow get some flex/lfr trinkets and gem to proper haste breakpoints you should be okay most of the way.

As far as 520 being the designed level, that's a bit underestimating it. Yes the previous teir was 522, but it also had 8 ilvls of upgrades along with thunderforged pieces. Guilds entering the instance when it was first released were mostly full normal with some heroic (530-543) plus they would have had a meta gem and some even the 600 non legendary cloak. A significant boost. If you're new to pve balancing out your lack of experience with an additional 30+ ilvls would go a long way. (keep in mind full flex gear is actually 556 ilvl due to upgrades)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    If you can somehow get some flex/lfr trinkets and gem to proper haste breakpoints you should be okay most of the way.
    Pretty sure he said he could go disc which, when looking for a pug is probably better than attempting shadow. So haste makes no difference at all.

Try for an OQ carry. If you cannot get one there, then go for the 20-25k gold carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Aside from trinkets and set bonus' being useless.

As far as 520 being the designed level, that's a bit underestimating it. Yes the previous teir was 522, but it also had 8 ilvls of upgrades along with thunderforged pieces. Guilds entering the instance when it was first released were mostly full normal with some heroic (530-543) plus they would have had a meta gem and some even the 600 non legendary cloak. A significant boost. If you're new to pve balancing out your lack of experience with an additional 30+ ilvls would go a long way. (keep in mind full flex gear is actually 556 ilvl due to upgrades)
    This is very correct. The instance is more closely designed for 535-540 players(Completed all of ToTN when relevant as well). Garrosh is also significantly harder than the rest of the instance where most normal guilds probably struggled even at 550-555 ilvl. For inexperienced players, it will require even more gear to down "easily".

However, PvP gear is mostly fine. It is equivalent in stat budget to ilvl 550 PvE gear so I wouldn't worry about having PvP gear other than trinkets(which do nothing for PvE most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    Try for an OQ carry. If you cannot get one there, then go for the 20-25k gold carry.
    I don't see how someone in full 550 gear would be carried. Most of our group was under 550 when we first killed garry.

Kids today, asking for more ilvl than what the instance yields...

I don't see how someone in full 550 gear would be carried. Most of our group was under 550 when we first killed garry.

Kids today, asking for more ilvl than what the instance yields...
    They ask for that because there are raid groups with 570+ that can't down him. Gear can help offset inexperience.

We talk about a player that obviously never visited an endgame level raid in almost a full year and wants to join in with full PvP gear. People will automatically expect him to have no idea how to handle encounter mechanics or even his own rotation. And they just might be right. Item level is not everything you need to bring to a raid.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    We talk about a player that obviously never visited an endgame level raid in almost a full year and wants to join in with full PvP gear. People will automatically expect him to have no idea how to handle encounter mechanics or even his own rotation. And they just might be right. Item level is not everything you need to bring to a raid.
    Just saying, in our experience good PvP players usually make for the best raiders. They normally have awareness, knowledge of their class, reaction times, and foresight that most PvE players lack. Rotations can be mastered by a good player in less than 1 hr. More than once we had to pull our hpally from arenas to handle stuff our other healers couldn't at the time.

I for one don't turn down players from pugs because they have pvp gear, and I've never regretted it.

Just saying, in our experience good PvP players usually make for the best raiders. They normally have awareness, knowledge of their class, reaction times, and foresight that most PvE players lack. Rotations can be mastered by a good player in less than 1 hr. More than once we had to pull our hpally from arenas to handle stuff our other healers couldn't at the time.

I for one don't turn down players from pugs because they have pvp gear, and I've never regretted it.
    But this isnt the case here.

Op, go disci and learn the last 3 fights because is the most common bosses where groups need a healer.

Thanks for all the responses! I've been watching a few videos and reading up on PvE talents, "rotations," and stat priorities. Like I said, I do have two PvE trinkets to help me a bit in the regen and throughput department. It seems like my biggest issue is going to be not getting insta-kicked from groups.

full prideful is good enough, except the trinket, the one from isle of thunder (522) is much better than any pvp one for pve, even the one for 50000 timeless coins (535)
    specially if you can upgrade them

Now, you wont be topping the meters with that gear and without LMG or cloak, but you won't be dead weight either

I would say put some effort in and start raiding get the gear you need and you shouldnt have problems most groups wont take players in pvp gear, pvp gear lacks the amount of hit you need and has less sockets and garbage socket bonuses, so the trinkets are crap they proc for very little int where the pve trinkets proc for 11kish Depending on version and the bboy will for for 20k +
    Nixs

No back piece, less sockets and no socket bonuses and worthless gear bonuses hurt a little but they aren't what will hold your play back. Finding a group with people understanding the short comings you have based on gear might hurt a little. There are plenty of places and forum boards to find groups oQ as ppl have pointed out openraid or just on your own server depending on how progression is there.It will probably be easier to find a group as disc. One healers are needed more then dps almost all the time. Two shadow isn't the best dps for many fights in SoO.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2014-08-09 at 01:31 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

yeh most groups will kick people in pvp gear as people said, but thats just stupidity.

i was pugging on an alt and some guy had the 550 pvp head, but was using the 528 raid finder helm because he thought it was better, i had to tell him it's not just ignore idiots telling you pvp gear is THAT bad, it'll always beat raid finder gear unless 4/4 and set bonus/trinkets.

I wish you luck OP. At this late in the expansion and with the absurdly high ilvl "requirements" a lot of pug groups have you might have difficulty getting one for free. But hopefully you prove me wrong.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!