<10 man> Heroic Garrosh: Transition 1

So, we've got over 200 attempts poured into H Garry, and half our wipes still come from the first transition.

-----b----c
    a-------f-----garrosh
    -----d----e

So, assuming we spawn in at 'a' we have 4 groups and we split and zerg 'b'/'c'/'d'/'e' and the back two groups ('b' / 'd') combine and kill 'f'

The issue is that 'f' is starting to cast before anybody ever touches it... or so we think. Is there any spells that are known to start the group casting outside of physically hitting it? Could cloaks be an issue? Half the time they don't cast, half the time they do... and it's preventing us from getting further experience.

Any insight is much appreciated.

-Kaoskreator

Spells that come to mind.... starfall / nature's vigil / nether tempest.

But.. are you saying you are completely ignoring middle until the back 2 groups are done?

Yes, we're having the two front groups converge and smash the middle group while the 2 groups running to the front *supposedly* completely ignore the middle pack.

Would Sham Rage / Speed boosts trigger the middle pack to start casting?

Our raid comp is as follows:
    Prot Paladin
    Destro Lock
    Destro Lock
    Enh Shaman
    Fire Mage
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Our 10th is flexible between a Prot (Fury) warrior, BrM (WW) Monk, Frost DK, Elemental Shaman

I think its possible to "body pull" them since you're basically running through them to the back groups? I've seen this happen in 25m which my raid usally plays. If this is true it would destroy your strategy since F will be freecasting for quite some time.

You should probably just use your C and E groups to kill F combined and then split.

We only have one kill on 10m which had during the summer when we couldn't get enough signs for 25m.

Setup:
    Guardian druid
    Prot warrior
    Fury warrior
    Unknown rogue
    Destro lock
    Elemental shaman
    Frost mage
    BM hunter
    2x Resto shamans

Using your labels this was our strategy:
    Stampeede on A
    Group B was resto shaman for stuns and BM hunter.
    Group D was resto shaman for stuns and Guardian druid.
    Group F was the other 5 DPS and prot warrior. They destroy F within seconds. After that they split 3-3 and demolish C and E.

Cloaks could definitely do it.

If you log on warcraftlogs theres a "what went wrong" section where it will tell you which adds cast. That will remove doubt.

Finally, seems like a funny way of doing it when you are against the clock. If you engage B,D and F at the start you can make the B/D teams bigger so that as they run past F they can smack a bit on the move. Just seems more efficient time-wise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If you log on warcraftlogs theres a "what went wrong" section where it will tell you which adds cast. That will remove doubt.
    I had tried that feature for other fights, but it wasn't working for those. However it looks like it's functioning extremely well for Garrosh heroic. This tool is amazing.

Our Raid setup:
    Brewmaster Monk

Mistweaver Monk
    Resto Shammy

Shadow Priest(me)
    Warlock
    Fury Warrior
    Ele Shammy
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Rogue

We split up into three groups:

b = Me(shadow), 1 hunter, mistweaver, fury warrior (warrior cc's B)
    d = Ele,Resto,Hunter, Rogue (Ele capacitor totem D)
    f= Brewmaster, Warlock (Brew CCs F)

B side + Warlock goes C (Monk and Lock CC C)
    D side + Brewmaster goes E (Hunter, Rogue and resto CC E)

I would definitely split the destros if you aren't already, as well as the hunters. Put the tank in the middle group with one other (with vengeance it's OP)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskreator View Post
    Yes, we're having the two front groups converge and smash the middle group while the 2 groups running to the front *supposedly* completely ignore the middle pack.

Would Sham Rage / Speed boosts trigger the middle pack to start casting?

Our raid comp is as follows:
    Prot Paladin
    Destro Lock
    Destro Lock
    Enh Shaman
    Fire Mage
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Our 10th is flexible between a Prot (Fury) warrior, BrM (WW) Monk, Frost DK, Elemental Shaman
    We had 10-man down Feburary, 25-man April, and now we're back to 10-man due to summer break. What we find easiest to do for the first transition is:

- tank and 1 dps go to 'b' (if the tank can stun, bring a non-stun-dps, if the tank can't stun, bring a stun-dps)
    - the people who will take care of 'e' should go for 'f' first (4 ppl)
    - the people who will take 'c' go for 'd' first (4 ppl)
    - the 2 people from 'b' split up to 'c' and 'e'

A setup that would work for you:
    - Tank and Fire Mage on 'b', tank go 'c' and mage to 'e' after this group is down
    - Lock, Shaman, Disc, Hunter to 'd' => rest of 'f' => 'e'
    - Lock, Hunter, Holy-Pala, flex-guy to 'f' => 'c'

Stuns for b: 1st Prot-Pala (should be enough)
    Stuns for d: 1st Lock, 2nd Enhancer
    Stuns for f: 1st Lock, 2nd Holy-Pala
    Stuns for e: 1st Hunter, 2nd Enhancer
    Stuns for c: 1st Hunter, 2nd Lock again/Tank/flex-guy

Doesn't really matter what your 'flex guy' is. The key to reach <25 for us is to instantly nuke down b/d/f, while b/d help to finish f on their run to either c/e. You will have 2 for b, 4 ppl for d/f each and 5 for each of the final groups (c/e). Works like a charm for us. Unfortunately you don't have strong dps-healers for that transition (like a resto-druid), but the dps should be enouogh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjornbar View Post
    I think its possible to "body pull" them since you're basically running through them to the back groups? I've seen this happen in 25m which my raid usally plays. If this is true it would destroy your strategy since F will be freecasting for quite some time.
    I ran passed the middle group in ghost wolf with roar dozens of times. I ran right across their faces. They do NOT face pull. They do not engage until something that has an effect on them is used.

That said, we split four ways to b, d, f and e and then converged at c for the end. If your raid can't stop hitting the middle pack before it's time, you could try this. About 65% of the time we got a bubble on the last pack (c) and it's easy for everyone to get that one (if you stack while killing the last pack).