10+ Year Old Account

Garrisons and Professions?

Perhaps someone in the beta can answer this. I've been looking into the Garrisons, and I can't figure out how the profession ones are supposed to work.
    Say for example, my monk has Herbalism and Enchanting. I can pump herbs I collect into an Alchemy building and have them make stuff for me? That seems to be how it is... you can use them for access to things that character can't normally get on their own.

As for Enchanting, would I want the Enchanting building, or another profession that I don't have access to on that character? I wouldn't be able to supply them with skins or ores, or I would say getting the Leatherworking or Jewelcrafting buildings would be awesome.

I guess tl;dr: are the buildings supposed to compliment what professions you already have, or are they meant to give you access to professions other than your own?

I'm sorry if the answer is out there and I just couldn't find it. I can find what the profession buildings' upgrades do, but not a lot about what you get out of them.

You need the buildings corresponding with your professions in order to get all the recipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You need the buildings corresponding with your professions in order to get all the recipes.
    Ah, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    While this is true, you have 3 small plots, and only 2 primary professions. One or both of those could be crafting, but even so, you're going to have 1-3 buildings that you could potentially use to, yes, have access to items from other professions. Note though, that while you may be able to use these buildings to craft items from a profession you don't have, it's going to be very slow. You might be able to craft one leg enchant for yourself with a LW building, but a real LW is going to be crafting 10 and selling them on the AH during that same amount of time it took you to make 1. So it's up to you whether you want to get items slowly, or use those small plots to have some other building that might help you more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    As for Enchanting, would I want the Enchanting building, or another profession that I don't have access to on that character? I wouldn't be able to supply them with skins or ores, or I would say getting the Leatherworking or Jewelcrafting buildings would be awesome.
    As a side note, you'll be able to get a limited number of ores, herbs and skins in your garrison without those gathering professions. Ores in the mine, herbs in the herb garden, and skins in the barn (I think it is) you can collect no matter what your professions are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for all your helpful information!

you can also check wowhead's Garrison calculator to get an idea of what each building for http://wod.wowhead.com/garrison-calc#AkUlIAU
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Sorry to bother into this thread, but i have another question about garrison and profession:
    "if i have gathering profession do i get more ore/herb/leather from the mine/garden/barn or not?" has anyone tested this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin3rd View Post
    Sorry to bother into this thread, but i have another question about garrison and profession:
    "if i have gathering profession do i get more ore/herb/leather from the mine/garden/barn or not?" has anyone tested this yet?
    I don't know about the farm, but from mine you sure get. Inside the mine there also spawns from veins you can mine and the bigger the level of mine is the more and richer the veins that spawn inside.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.