New file format and server response time

I feel very little has been reported about these two things since Blizzcon and to me they're the most exciting changes coming in Warlords. Has any more been said about how well these changes are working out?
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it is implemented on Beta, I have not really noticed any difference that would make me say "Oh wow this is awesome"

Blizz stated that on medium-to-high end PCs, it won't make a difference.

On low-end PCs, it supposedly will make a significant difference, but I don't know since I just built mine in February.

7+ Year Old Account
    The big change here is, right now events server-side are "pooled" and executed in batches every 400ms. 6.0 is changing it to no longer batch, and instead execute events as soon as the server is able.

From what I've been told from people are in the beta, this is *extremely* noticeable, whether the PC is high end or low end. Especially for healing. The new file format won't really make much difference for high end PC's, it will just make patching easier. From what I've heard, low end PC's will experience less load time.

Pretty sure the new file format isn't so much about improving performance as much as it is about making the game easier to patch... and the server response time thing basically just should mean less situations where you use an ability, the cooldown activates, but the ability itself doesn't actually go off... which in my experience was already pretty rare. - Or in general, abilities going off more immediately, rather than there being a slight delay.

However, despite the graphical improvements, I seem to get the same or better performance with my computer.

Yeah the change is noticeable, it shines when you are doing a world boss or in a MASSIVE group of people, it does exactly what Akaihiryuu says.

you notice it mostly when trading and buying things from vendors. it is really nice

I imagine if anyone tries using a totem as a shaman you'll notice it immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I imagine if anyone tries using a totem as a shaman you'll notice it immediately.
    Yep this too, and buying things at Vendors. The changes are very noticeable.

If you download the WoD Beta you can see it no longer has MoPaQ files, but a weird system with .idx files and filename that look like hashes...