It seems BRM is having the same problems in early WoD as they had in early MoP

I've tested pretty much all tank classes on beta, either in raid encounters or dungeons. One thing I can confidently say is that if things are to stay as they are currently, monks won't be an attractive tank for mythic progression. We are once again being bottlenecked in our spell usage due to the lack of haste, and the low base armor of the spec coupled with extremely shitty mastery makes for some really hefty hits from bosses. I am not sure if this is going to be a trend from now, but as things are looking right now I won't be playing brm for the first raid tier .

Brewmasters where 100% fine for the first raid tier in MoP. They where borderline overpowered in ToT, and would have destroyed everyone in Siege if not for nerf along with buffs to other classes.

Brewmasters only sucked at trying to tank heroic vaults with a bunch of blues still in week number 2. That's a bleeding edge problem, and one that didn't last long at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    We are once again being bottlenecked in our spell usage due to the lack of haste, and the low base armor of the spec coupled with extremely shitty mastery makes for some really hefty hits from bosses.
    Low on Haste? Use Chi Brew+Serenity....

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    I believe most of the problems arise from low mastery, but keep in mind testing is ongoing with pvp gear, so it might not be as bad as it looks when we actually get there. Either way, with how good Warrior/Paladin/Druid looks, I really doubt Monks will be greatly sought after for the first tier.

Monks were pretty hard dependent on gear scaling. It's why they were average/good in T14, great in T15, and would have been broken as fuck in T16 if not for the nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    Monks were pretty hard dependent on gear scaling. It's why they were average/good in T14, great in T15, and would have been broken as fuck in T16 if not for the nerfs.
    The biggest culprit of this is that Stagger's mitigation scales exponentially, the difference between 46% Stagger and 60% Stagger is a staggering 26% damage reduction instead of the 14% you might think it would be.

BrM just has a low floor on its stats. Chi generation sucks without at least 10% haste, EB is the worst avoidance in the world at low crit, the aforementioned Stagger scaling with mastery, and now even multistrike's healing value scales exponentially (more MS = more Tiger Strikes = even more MS, and more MS = more GotO orbs and more GotO orb healing value because it too can multistrike).

It's going to be weird switching gear for MS for fights where we're stationary. I think they intend there to be more gear switching, since they're abolishing hit/exp, but it'll still be weird.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being restricted by haste or spirit or regen in general is part of any class that relies on energy or mana at the start of expansions. It's as rough on healers if they can't get enough spirit.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Being restricted by haste or spirit or regen in general is part of any class that relies on energy or mana at the start of expansions. It's as rough on healers if they can't get enough spirit.
    #showtooltip Forummacrobrzrazbazorz
    /sarcasm
    /s Other classes don't have problems right now or ever... what are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more concerned with 5 man tanking. They went from crazy scaling with vengeance but squishy to just squishy.
    I see a lot of rolling in the future!
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    I'd be more concerned with 5 man tanking. They went from crazy scaling with vengeance but squishy to just squishy.
    I see a lot of rolling in the future!
    when have 5-man dungeons ever been difficult? Challenge modes you mean?
    Monks were never squishy in 5-man content...

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Monks are still the best tank dps for AOE, aren't they? I can't imagine a class that could do it better even still. (for CMs). I might be wrong.