Poll: Which mount would you buy?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Which mount would you prefer if you had 1M gold?

I really love WOW mounts and since becoming a casual player a few years back I spend most of my time in WOW farming mounts(TLPD,Aeonaxx,Onyxian Drake,etc). There are 2 mounts that I absolutely love and would make my day if I ever got them: Lich King's mount and the Sha of Anger mount.

I spent a lot of my time during this expansion farming gold until I reached 1M gold just so I could buy the Lich King's mount in my server's black market, but the mount has not appeared in the black market for more than 1 year and after noticing that in Warlords of Draenor we will be able to buy the World Boss mounts in the black market I don't really know what I should do: wait for the expansion and then buy the Sha mount or buy the Lich King's one as soon as it appears in my server's black market?

I farm the Sha of Anger every week with my characters, but I have never had any luck with mount drops so I doubt I will ever loot it in my life time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    I'd wait, with the scaling happening on Vanilla-Cata raids with the expansion, you'll be able to solo LK fairly easily on every class. Sha will still need a group, and will still be an absurd drop rate. This is assuming that Sha's mount will be on the BMAH, though with Galleons mount being there, its a safer bet. Elegon's mount might be worth it to drop gold on too, since that's on the BMAH.

Heavenly Onyx.
    Lich King is farmable now, so he'll be even easier in WoD.

Is this a real question?

Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, hands down. While Invincible is an incredible mount, it becomes more common by the week as over half of the classes in the game can solo heroic LK with at least one spec with minimal to no difficulty in SoO gear. The cloud serpent is also a breathtaking mount visually and by far the best cloud serpent in the game.

The Sha mount, easily. Lich King HC can already be soloed easily by some classes, and in WoD it'll be even easier surely for ALL classes.

The Sha mount however has a silly low drop rate from a VERY large loot table, and will probably need a group even in WoD...but not sure. Basically all raid instance mounts = I wouldn't spend gold on since they become soloable after a while.

Deleted
    Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent. Beyond all doubt.
    Farming Invincible isn't hard for many classes already, and will be a complete cakewalk in WoD (apart from the fact that I already have it) - the Serpent, however, will still be quite rare in WoD. And a lot more annoying to "farm".

10+ Year Old Account
    Invincible, it has a FoS.
    (achie farmer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Neither! I'd use that gold to fund alts on a new server, since my realm because a "New Players" realm while I was taking a 2 month break. Transferring my main and two oldest characters is enough money out of my pocket.

But if I had to choose (since this is the topic of the thread) I'd probably go for the Cloud Serpent. Although I'm not a huge fan of them, I'd rather get Invincible with the FoS. Besides ICC is my favorite raid, I could never get tired of it.
    Last edited by Vladilena; 2014-08-09 at 01:52 AM.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Is this a real question?

Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, hands down. While Invincible is an incredible mount, it becomes more common by the week as over half of the classes in the game can solo heroic LK with at least one spec with minimal to no difficulty in SoO gear. The cloud serpent is also a breathtaking mount visually and by far the best cloud serpent in the game.
    Haven't heard of a Rogue soloing it, but I'm sure it's possible. If not, I've soloed it on all the other classes besides Priest and Shaman myself, while having seen videos of those classes soloing. It'll be as common as Ashes come WoD.
    Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent will still be incredibly rare even with two chances at loot each week per char.

It feels as if you're asking if I'd rather have Atiesh or Dragonwrath on my Mage. It's a no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal ---- most cool looking mounts nowadays are either farmable or will be in future xpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Is this a real question?

Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, hands down. While Invincible is an incredible mount, it becomes more common by the week as over half of the classes in the game can solo heroic LK with at least one spec with minimal to no difficulty in SoO gear.
    Let's assume both are removed from game and only avail through BMAH. HOCS still wins because it's not a stupid, boring, pony, and looks beautiful
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    With that much, Plagued Proto, or as many TCG mounts as I can get for cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could truly choose, I'd say this- http://www.wowhead.com/item=87777

It's just... gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal ---- most cool looking mounts nowadays are either farmable or will be in future xpacks.
    Omg this. Plus, it's the rarest mount in the game.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

That's an easy one for me at least; Invincible.

Its Lore, the sleek low-key-ness, and partly because while I was farming 25m H ICC while current I decided to take a hiatus and lost my spot in line for mine. I'm still kickin' myself for not sticking out the extra few weeks to get it. Gonna be solo'ing it quite a bit come WoD (if I end up playing).

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Let's assume both are removed from game and only avail through BMAH. HOCS still wins because it's not a stupid, boring, pony, and looks beautiful
    Depends on what criteria a person judges the worth of a mount. Some go for looks, some go for lore significance.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Invincible's Reins

Because it can fly and travel on the ground without looking out of place.

Also because this thread should be about looks, not attainability.
    When it comes to spending gold though, how easy it is to obtain plays heavily into that.

Like, for example, why spend a huge amount of money on the the Kara mount when it literally takes like a couple of minutes to solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Which begs the question, why would anyone choose Invincible when it's already soloable and only getting more so?
    I have no idea honestly, except if they really hate cloud serpents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally,

1. Astral Cloud Serpent
    2. Heavenly Cloud Serpents
    3. Everything else

Neither of those... Ashes of Al'ar.