Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingFarse View Post
    I'm hardly annoyed. I feel sorry for you, more than anything else.
    If that were truly the case and not a ruse you would have left me here to wallow in my own sadness and angst instead of responding to me. Keep calm and carry on.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I'm hardly annoyed. I feel sorry for you, more than anything else.
    I feel sorry for you that you feel passionate enough about this to insult those that have a different opinion than you. I feel sorry for you that you think you are special enough to determine what I should and shouldn't feel proud of.

I earned my black proto drake and I don't want them returned outside of the BMAH because I "worked" hard when I was told they were being removed. I don't want them to be exclusive for the sake of others not having the mount, I want them exclusive because that is what blizzard said they would be. I will agree that I don't want further mounts removed. It was an inconsistent system that they failed hard at but I think what is done should stay that way.

Many people will say that immortal was easy and didn't involve skill and I will respectfully disagree. It was luck based due to DC's and the like, but my guild attempted many times and succeeded a couple of them. It was hands down one of my most daunting, stressful, and rewarding experiences I've had in this game to date.

its an mmo
    there is going to be exclusive items/content
    this is a fact
    this is what mmo's are
    get over this please and stop asking for things that ruin this game

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone is arguing that the Black Proto-Drake shouldn't just be mailed to people. I think the BMAH is a pretty acceptable way to obtain these now especially since:

-Plagued Proto-Drake is already there.
    -The Naxx meta's were never suppose to be removed initially & blizzard said it was a mistake after Ulduar.
    -Therefore other Raid meta's drakes continue to remain in the game.
    -Immortal was a BAD measure of skill since players had to rely on other players and their ISP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    I feel sorry for you that you feel passionate enough about this to insult those that have a different opinion than you. I feel sorry for you that you think you are special enough to determine what I should and shouldn't feel proud of.

I earned my black proto drake and I don't want them returned outside of the BMAH because I "worked" hard when I was told they were being removed. I don't want them to be exclusive for the sake of others not having the mount, I want them exclusive because that is what blizzard said they would be. I will agree that I don't want further mounts removed. It was an inconsistent system that they failed hard at but I think what is done should stay that way.

Many people will say that immortal was easy and didn't involve skill and I will respectfully disagree. It was luck based due to DC's and the like, but my guild attempted many times and succeeded a couple of them. It was hands down one of my most daunting, stressful, and rewarding experiences I've had in this game to date.
    You should totally put that in your resume. If this doesn't guarantee you a well paid job, I don't know what would.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should totally put that in your resume. If this doesn't guarantee you a well paid job, I don't know what would.
    http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/19/tech...rcraft-resume/

Well, damn. Here's a napkin to wipe the egg off your face.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

That really isn't a compelling argument I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/19/tech...rcraft-resume/

Well, damn. Here's a napkin to wipe the egg off your face.
    Haha that is actually extremely interesting, thanks for that
    Last edited by Happyducky; 2014-08-11 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Let's hand out official Olympic gold medals to everyone who asks for them ! Who cares that it marginalizes what the athletes that earned them had to do to get them. Let's just give them to anyone who even attempts, like participation trophies.
    Uhhhh Literally everybody in the world has the chance to compete for a gold medal. If you train hard enough it is still obtainable. These mounts however, are not. You're comparing something that they still hand out to new people every 2 years to something that is never rewarded to anyone ever again. I'm not sure how you even just tried to relate these two examples.

Only if I get a crack at getting a frostwyrm that doesn't have the silly faceplate/rings of the ICC one. I'm still miffed that I missed my chance at a gladiator's frostwyrm.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Black should be placed in the BMAH like Plagued already is.

Gold cap on an extraordinarily rare instance of constantly checking BMAH, or extremely dumb luck, works fine for such an ancient and outdated mount.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser View Post
    No thanks. Would like to keep my rare mounts rare.
    And people said the same thing back during Ulduar and ICC when players were asking for it about those raid's achievement mounts. Guess what, they are still available.

Blizzard needs to be consistent about this. It doesn't make sense as to why the achievement mounts were removed when they kept the rest available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Only if I get a crack at getting a frostwyrm that doesn't have the silly faceplate/rings of the ICC one. I'm still miffed that I missed my chance at a gladiator's frostwyrm.
    That's probably one of the coolest mounts out there. I really wish I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    And people said the same thing back during Ulduar and ICC when players were asking for it about those raid's achievement mounts. Guess what, they are still available.

Blizzard needs to be consistent about this. It doesn't make sense as to why the achievement mounts were removed when they kept the rest available.

- - - Updated - - -

That's probably one of the coolest mounts out there. I really wish I had it.
    The only consistent thing about blizzard is lack of consistency or governing philosophy about WoW. WoW has no core values and anything and everything can change on a whim.

I am surprised people are so obsessed with Black and Plague proto. In Wrath, my favorite mount by far was Time-Lost Proto Drake. It was not the prettiest mount but it was VERY hard to get. I saw like 4 people with it (including me) at any given time in Dal (tops) on my server. It was an exhilarating feeling when npcscan went off and you saw it was time lost. In general I value individual effort mounts way more because nobody could carry me whereas with meta achievements people are carried/buy them all the time. Those of you with the special snowflake attitude, heroic mounts off of end expansion bosses have been selling for lots of gold and are not exclusive to the best of raiders.

Why is no one bringing elegon up?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Why is no one bringing elegon up?
    Probably because it's still in the game.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    just let me use my broom out of hallow's end, I don't care if everyone and their mom has it, just give it a cast time.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Black should be placed in the BMAH like Plagued already is.

Gold cap on an extraordinarily rare instance of constantly checking BMAH, or extremely dumb luck, works fine for such an ancient and outdated mount.
    First of all WOW! I never thought I'd see this thread on the home first page again, thanks to nickanthony for reviving it.

And if you read any of the previous discussion that I posted I said that I don't want it to be a gold cap thing. Just make is obtainable as a meta mount like the other ones or if Blizzard should make it so that you have to do challenge mode esque scenarios to obtain them. For example they could make a scenario where you need to beat all the bosses of Naxx and then you get to receive the mounts but it'd be hard to do like the Warlock fire quest. This is just one thing they can do. Making it cost 999,999 is the worst idea ever. It only has a 0.01% chance to get on the BMAH anyways and then they make it so that you need to spend all your gold on it. Extremely unfair.

I don't mind earning my mount. I got the Violet drake and I worked on that for an ENTIRE year. I don't care if its stupidly hard to get the Plagued and Black Proto's but I DON'T want it to be entirely based on RNG... That's incredibly stupid and that's what the BMAH is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    First of all WOW! I never thought I'd see this thread on the home first page again, thanks to nickanthony for reviving it.

And if you read any of the previous discussion that I posted I said that I don't want it to be a gold cap thing. Just make is obtainable as a meta mount like the other ones or if Blizzard should make it so that you have to do challenge mode esque scenarios to obtain them. For example they could make a scenario where you need to beat all the bosses of Naxx and then you get to receive the mounts but it'd be hard to do like the Warlock fire quest. This is just one thing they can do. Making it cost 999,999 is the worst idea ever. It only has a 0.01% chance to get on the BMAH anyways and then they make it so that you need to spend all your gold on it. Extremely unfair.

I don't mind earning my mount. I got the Violet drake and I worked on that for an ENTIRE year. I don't care if its stupidly hard to get the Plagued and Black Proto's but I DON'T want it to be entirely based on RNG... That's incredibly stupid and that's what the BMAH is.
    hahahahahaa, I sure hope they'll never bring it back just so that you whiny brat will never ever be able to lay your filthy hands on it

you were too bad during Naxx to get it / couldn't be bothered? Too bad. You don't deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    I don't mind earning my mount. I got the Violet drake and I worked on that for an ENTIRE year.
    Bit of over-exaggeration? Yes, if you start fresh, 1 year of time will pass before acquiring the Violet Proto Drake (up to 3 months less depending on which holiday you started on). However, the amount of time actually invested in the Violet Proto Drake is probably in the range of ~20 hours. A grind? Yes, but there are many, many other mount grinds that take longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    you were too bad during Naxx to get it / couldn't be bothered? Too bad. You don't deserve it.
    What? You do realize its a group raiding effort, AND that stupid shit like a DC at the wrong time could screw you over for the achievement, yes? One single mess up and you lost your shot at it for the week, and the meta was only available for, what, 24 weeks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    hahahahahaa, I sure hope they'll never bring it back just so that you whiny brat will never ever be able to lay your filthy hands on it

Um? I was two achievements away from getting Plagued and I was 5 away from getting Black (If I remember correctly). I will literally spend the 999,999 gold to get it but I'd rather EARN my mount than have to get it through RNG so I can actually be more proud of it. I'm not a brat either I'm simply bringing up a discussion and if your only going to BM and be a prick than I'd ask that you kindly leave the discussion to the civilised and reasonable folk on this forum.

Obviously you feel strongly about it so I don't know if its your only achievement in life or something like that but it was 6 years ago that this mount was available. I've done my fair share of time in this game, killed bosses on heroic, got other meta mounts but sadly these two were missed for me. Simply because I could not get my guild to get the last few achievements. So it does suck but guess what? Blizzard was inconsistent with the reward system and that deserves to be brought up.

I'm not a brat I'm simply bringing up a reasonable argument. I'll pay the gold. Hell I'd pay anyone $1000 for their account so I can merge it with mine to get the mount. But I'd rather do something challenging that takes a me a year or hours worth of my time so I can earn my mount. I'm not asking for a free handout. So if that makes me a brat that wants everything handed to me then I guess I'm a brat. I've played WoW for 10 years now, and NOT once have I ever asked Blizzard to give free handouts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Bit of over-exaggeration? Yes, if you start fresh, 1 year of time will pass before acquiring the Violet Proto Drake (up to 3 months less depending on which holiday you started on). However, the amount of time actually invested in the Violet Proto Drake is probably in the range of ~20 hours. A grind? Yes, but there are many, many other mount grinds that take longer.

- - - Updated - - -

What? You do realize its a group raiding effort, AND that stupid shit like a DC at the wrong time could screw you over for the achievement, yes? One single mess up and you lost your shot at it for the week, and the meta was only available for, what, 24 weeks?

so?

you didn't get it and now it's gone

it was removed so that it would be a reward for those who completed it when it was relevant, like the Amani Bear, like the challenge mode items and others

you can complain and feel entitled all you want, but you won't get it (or so I hope)

in a few years you'll say 'hey I only needed to do 2 challenge modes on gold to get my cm set, too bad, but now I feel like I deserve it anyway'

noooooooope

there are new mounts you can get, stop living in the past
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-12-20 at 09:30 AM.