Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i was a long timer at Allakazam, amazing info from there. unfortunately when activity started to die down and a lot of the knowledgeable crowd left, i decided to move elsewhere. Wowhead is a great database and i like commenting in the item/npc windows but not quite the forum.

. I rely on Wowhead by default for item, quest and npc data (as well as the news as a second opinion) but i primarily rely on MMO-C for game news and forum discussion. The moderation here is quite good. Anyone stepping out of line and ruining threads DOES get removed after several warnings.

*looks at the web archives posted in the last page*

that sword guy appears now and then during news updates if i remember
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-08-09 at 11:45 AM.

Ulduar datamining.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember the exact reason, but it might have been because after a long period of not playing the game, I came to the forums and eventually made the jump from reader to contributor. I like talking with people who all play the game, and sigh at the threads that keep continuing despite not being worth anyone's time (Especially the 'no flying in the expac' one. Seriously, what is left to say?).

I like talking and speculating on where things can take us, but some topics can become excessive and I really do wonder why people keep going back to those threads. I just prefer to contribute to topics that interest me, which isn't that much.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

When I started playing it was in the middle of BC, I rolled a pally, which was the same class as my rl buddy who been playing since beta. He gave me all my info about specs and everything and got me into his 25 man raiding guild. Once Wrath came out he decided to change his main to DK. I remember being nervous because I'd really gotten every bit about gearing and gemming from him. I remember the first day when told me about this site, and elitist jerks and was like 'there buddy, your on your own'

I saw mmo-champion on the WoW forum mentioned a few times. It was usually the source of some rumor. When the rumor was found out to be true I came to mmo-champion.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a problem with my wow graphics, was banned on the wow forums so decided to ask on here for help...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ll-of-a-sudden

I think I read somewhere that MMO-C generally has lots of WoW info, news, leaks etc. first and is generally very comprehensive in that regard. Pretty much true.

I still mainly check out the news, but I admit that it's often hilarious fun to watch all the idiots whine and complain. Came for the news, stayed for the freakshow, one could say.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Censorship on the EU forums, and very selective censorship at that, bending of the forum rules to suit the propaganda stance of the moment.
    I've seen very sound and well worded posts with constructive polite replies locked for no reason, or some locked with the lame accuse " there are other threads of this type " yet after searching the first 3 pages, not finding any! but at times you can find 4 pro posts on the same subject on the same page, none locked.....very selective indeed.
    The latest propaganda tactic is to give no reason, just make the thread disappear! this tactic is used because lots of sites list the latest blue posts

WE WELCOME NEGATIVE FEEDBACK............ BS BLIZZARD
    This. Seems the US forums are a far fairer place. But I haven't used the EU forums in years for everything that's been said in this post.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I came here because of.... I don't remember, I think I was just lurking around on the news and patch notes mostly on the front page, think it was just after BC launch, then I started reading forums. Think I wanted to reply on a shaman topic once and that's when I created an account.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Can't remember. I think some dude in my guild was talking about patch notes one time and linked the front page of MMO C to show what he meant. I ended up reading it pretty regularly after that for a while before I started using the forums more.

Also the forums are pretty active, and trolls/other bullshit seem to get dealt with fairly quickly. Most people here are cool. I've seen a few douchebags who are allowed to stick around because they don't necessarily break any rules, but those are few and far between and typically just end up on my ignore list very quickly (I don't usually bother with the whole "argue on the Internet" thing).

Also yes, I like how I can use most "adult language" here as long as it's reasonable without risk of getting banned for it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-09 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was mostly out of boredom one day. I heard about this site from a friend one day and since going on a forum is nice to do whenever your bored, especially at work, I signed up. I mainly just liked going to the Video Games Discussion because that's all I really cared for. Then I started to go into other forums and I just kinda got hooked on. I usually only come on when I have free time at work which is usually a lot of times. I used to go on another forum years ago called The Wiire AKA Revolution Report where it was an all Nintendo forum. I had some good memories from that site but sadly it isn't around anymore, I think they took down the site for whatever reason. That was the first forum I ever went on. Funny thing too was that I never remember seeing any arguments or complaining or anything like that on that site, I always remember it being (at least most of the time) very positive threads and comments with friendly people. I don't remember there ever being any Nintendo bashing or bashing on any other Nintendo games. Then again that was a really long time ago so I could be wrong but if there was, it wasn't like how it is on MMO-C some days I know that much.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-08-09 at 03:01 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Wanting to know more about my class. I did lurk for about half a year before signing up to post though.

World of Raids used to be my only source of WoW news until one day when I discovered that mmo-champion was better. Before I knew it, years
    had gone by and I actually had to think to myself one day "what was the name of that other WoW news website I used to go to?" :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember what the impetus was, but it was during the alpha for Wrath, and MMO-C had screenies depicting the DK starting area that got taken down after a few days, iirc. It remains my go to wow site. I'm not banned on the WoW forums, but I like posting here because sometimes I feel that posts on the official forums get lost.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I believe I came here because I was looking up information related to WoTLK prior to its release. Same as how I found Wowhead.

Except I lurked here for around a year, only browsing main page before I actually made an account (unlike wowhead where I didn't take a year). I have no idea why I didn't make one earlier tbh...
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2014-08-09 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allakhazam went to hell after it got sold.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Patch Notes & Updates.

7+ Year Old Account
    The WOW forums are blocked at my work, and I need forums to read!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    banned on Blizzard forums :> guess i wasnt that big of a fanboy there