Poll: What you prefer for multi FPS games?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Multi FPS, PC or consoles?

I was only PC player so far and I play many different games. Hovevwer I decide to buy PS4 because Im interested in some games available only for consoles (Destiny for example).

I also liked Battlefield serie (not all gaems) and now i wonder how looks multi FPS gameplay compared to PC version (because i really cant decide if i should buy now PC or PS4 version)? As I said so far I newer played on consoles (well maybe 10 years ago on PS2 but it was Tekken lol) and I wonder how does feel playing with pad. It is harder/easier than on mouse/keyboard? Is the gameplay somehow different than on PC?

Important thing, I dont care about graphic differences so pls discuss only gameplay and the "feeling" on pad/keyboard.

Deleted
    Precision aiming is harder on consoles, that is pretty much just fact. However, it is far from impossible and can after x amount of time, become just as enjoyable as it would be with mouse and keyboard (talking from personal experience here). Also, everybody is handicapped equally, so you aren't handicapping yourself compared to others with using the pad on a console. Gameplay should be pretty much the same.

I will suggest to always turn off auto aim, or whatever it is called, since it takes to much control away from you, and you can't land those good headshots
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2014-08-09 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    I haven't played fps on mouse+keyboard for years, and when I tried last time it was disaster, real problem is the keyboard that doesn't let you walk so smoth as analog stick.
    Trust me when I tried play fps on controller for first time it was hard adjustment, as I played only on PC for years, but after some time it's in your blood.

(I know this poll be like 99% for PC though, mmochampion is pretty much PC oriented site.)

I do both. Fps on console seems to game better, meaning it's more skill based vs PC where someone with a better rig may have an advantage. Also with some aspects, battlefield especially, it's easier to fly planes and helicopters with a controller vs keyboard and mouse on PC. PC does have the advantage of your into mods and such.

It's all a learning curve, after many many hours of counter strike, day of defeat, bf1-3 on PC, it seemed near impossible to convert to a controller. After many hours playing CoD and bf3 on console I'm finally getting halfway decent. The easiest way for me to get good was to turn down the aiming sensitivity and after you feel comfortable with it, slowly keep upping the sensitivity to where you are good at being fast and accurate.

It's a no brainer. PC by far.

if you have a semi decent pc. Games like battlefield 4 will always look and play better on a pc. Even tho the ps4 is brand new. Its still limited compared to even mediocre gaming rigs at this date

And not to talk about a mouse. Mouse will ALWAYS be the winner vs a console controller. No matter how you look at it

Deleted
    The PC is always going to be technically better because of the precision, but given PC for me is sat at a desk and Console is on the couch or in bed, I would vote Console for which I *enjoy* the most.

PC offers more control and an overall better experience in my opinion.

I personally always prefer PC, as I feel more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard than I do with controler. I, too, have played BF on both PC and Console, and both sides have it's pro's and con's. On PC, using vehicles ( in particular Jets, and to some extend helicopters ) is way harder than on console, because of the way you use the mouse, but there are also situations where your keyboard will actually help you ( I.E. arming an M-Com while not being a sitting duck. I always felt like that on console because you have to take of your thumb off the joystick ). On console it's a lot easier to use certain vehicles, and aiming may not always feel as natural at first, but after some time, it'll feel very natural to you, just as natural as a mouse will feel after playing PC some times. But all in all I just prefer PC over console, but console doesn't have a downgraded experience for atleast Battlefield.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I haven't played fps on mouse+keyboard for years, and when I tried last time it was disaster, real problem is the keyboard that doesn't let you walk so smoth as analog stick.
    Trust me when I tried play fps on controller for first time it was hard adjustment, as I played only on PC for years, but after some time it's in your blood.

(I know this poll be like 99% for PC though, mmochampion is pretty much PC oriented site.)
    A few years ago one of the FPS devs stated that if PC and console gamers were to play FPS games together the console gamers would get slaughtered even with the aim assist that they get.

I disagree with about the smooth movement, and even if that were the case it would be the least of one's concerns given the imprecision of using a stick to aim. Even with aim assist it's clunky and slow.

I mean I guess it depends on what you're looking for in an FPS game. If you want to do less work and you're not worried about being one super skilled badass mofo or whatever, then playing on a console with a controller is fine. If you like precision and responsiveness and knowing that you just perforated your enemy's facehole through sheer skill and awesomeness I'd go with PC. It's not even debatable that Mouse&KB gives you more precise and responsive control.

I think keyboards as an input are kind of boring. I like the analog sticks, and the triggers that controllers have. It adds some things that you can't do with a keyboard/mouse. Like in Destiny there's gonna be a modifier on a sniper that gives it a hair-trigger. You can't have mechanics like that on the PC. The buttons are either pressed or they aren't, there's no in-between.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned yet, but you can use a pad on a PC. So, there's no reason NOT to use a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned yet, but you can use a pad on a PC. So, there's no reason NOT to use a PC.
    Aside from the massive disadvantage controller has vs kb+mouse in the same environment. You just can't compete with that level of precision. Console advantages lie in the fact everyone's equipment is basically the same, there are no hardware advantages, and couch gaming with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Aside from the massive disadvantage controller has vs kb+mouse in the same environment. You just can't compete with that level of precision. Console advantages lie in the fact everyone's equipment is basically the same, there are no hardware advantages, and couch gaming with friends.
    Oh of course, I just wanted to mention that since it was mentioned above. Keyboard/Mouse will beat pad easily for precision n such. But if someone, for some reason, wanted to - they can.

That'd be like taking a ford fiesta to Nürburgring vs everyone else in Ferrari super cars.

I'd too go for PC because you have more choices but FPS on console isn't as bad. Does anybody remember Shadowrun on the 360? There you could play as a console gamer against PC gamers and there wasn't a difference in which players won more often. PC gamers had the advantage of playing with mouse and keyboard but had no aim assist. Console gamers had to play with the pad but had aim assist that gave them the advantage they needed. Also in some games on PC you can activate aim assist if you play with a gamepad and it's so powerful that it's almost unfair. Quickscope+aim assist will guarantee you one headshot after another.

Also there's more than only graphics and gameplay. Community is also a big factor and a lot more people play on console and if all your friends play on console it may be better to buy the console version.

When it comes to anything related to precision, nothing beats KB/M. Heck, even on arcade-ish flight sims, KB/M beats the joystick (Looking at you War Thunder and BF3/4).
    Good luck trying to do Arma 3 sniping on a controller for example. Or any kind of sniping with bullet drop. Can it be done? Sure. Is it much MUCH more better with a KB/M? Yes,yes it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    OP did mention console exclusives

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    A few years ago one of the FPS devs stated that if PC and console gamers were to play FPS games together the console gamers would get slaughtered even with the aim assist that they get.
    I... don't really agree with the bolded part. That REALLY depends on the exact game you're playing.

Example 1 - I played BF3 on PC with my xbox 360 controller. Did more than fine. Why? Virtually zero aiming skill involved in BF/CoD like games to begin with.

Example 2 - Halo 2 Vista was a thing and controller guys on PC compete with m/kb gamers. Usually the good controller/console guys actually destroyed the PC guys perhaps due to familiarity more than anything as it wasn't a popular PC title.

Example 3 - Quake on a console controller vs a PC player? Please. PC would rip console players apart because its SO fast and the aiming skill cap is so high the disadvantages of a controller would come into play at the top end.

All in all though unless you're actually good and at the top end of whatever FPS there is probably someone out there better you with m/kb and someone better than you with a controller

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    When it comes to anything related to precision, nothing beats KB/M. Heck, even on arcade-ish flight sims, KB/M beats the joystick (Looking at you War Thunder and BF3/4).
    Good luck trying to do Arma 3 sniping on a controller for example. Or any kind of sniping with bullet drop. Can it be done? Sure. Is it much MUCH more better with a KB/M? Yes,yes it is.
    Not that I so much disagree with this. But I can remember getting like 12-14 headshots in a row in BFBC2 on PS3, was a good day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Example 1 - I played BF3 on PC with my xbox 360 controller. Did more than fine. Why? Virtually zero aiming skill involved in BF/CoD like games to begin with.
    I don't know about BF3, the SCAR kicked as much as guns did in BF2, and that is saying something!