Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    the wait for the next one after the last content patch get's old ...

Vanilla: Questing grind.

BC: Raid attunement.

Wrath: Destruction of 5 man difficulty.

Cata: Dragon Soul length - 8 bosses not enough for end tier.

MoP: Alt grinds.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    Probably not the right place to ask, but you will to forgive my transgression. The name gets throw around here a lot and it still confuses me.

What is so utterly wrong with Vash'jr?
    I never played Cata when it was current, but when I played through it shortly after MoP launch Vash'jr was by far my favourite Cata zone.
    Is a love it or hate it kinda thing? Is it to slow? Are people getting lost in the 3d-ness?
    - zone is huge, map is divided in like 3 parts
    - you can't go straight form point A to point B because of all the ridges, tunnels etc.
    - no flying
    - aggroing mobs in 3d and trying to navigate around them, also some of your abilities work weird in 3d (consecration and other ground targetted thingies)
    - trying to find that cave entrance that is never where I thought it was, most quest hubs are like that there
    - I still remember the day cata launched and me & my guildies wanted to run some dungeons, too bad you couldn't lfd if you didn't discover the freakin' entrance (good they removed that crap later on), Blackrock Caverns? Fine, just fly to Blackrock Mountain. Throne of the Tides? 1. WTF is it? 2. Good I had my engineering diving helmet, as none of us did the questline to get the waterbreathing there since we were rushing lvling and waiting 10 mins so the Stormwind soldiers can finish their chatter on the pier & pass all the cutscenes was infuriating. It was still infuriating when I tried to unlock the portal on my half a dozen alts.

Also TBH they killed Vash'ir for me when they made Hyjal mandatory for molten front dailies, which meant every alt I levelled in Cata post 4.2 (or what was the number of Firelands patch) had to level through mandatory Hyjal so I don't have to redo it at max. Otherwise I might have given Vash'ir another try. Also I'm a pattern collector so nearly every alt that has some profession needs some stuff from molten front vendors, no skipping that place.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2014-08-12 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    Probably not the right place to ask, but you will to forgive my transgression. The name gets throw around here a lot and it still confuses me.

What is so utterly wrong with Vash'jr?
    I never played Cata when it was current, but when I played through it shortly after MoP launch Vash'jr was by far my favourite Cata zone.
    Is a love it or hate it kinda thing? Is it to slow? Are people getting lost in tge 3d-ness?
    It's a love/hate thing. Those of us that love it are just the minority. The only complaint I really had was that the zone took forever to actually complete. Something like 150 quests long.

I personally loved the underwater gameplay, though I admit that ground targeted effects were broken. However, the sheer scope was amazing as well as the scenery and difference of which as you went through the zone. I thought it was cool. Also, only zone that you can tame a Dev's avatar.
    Last edited by Asiel; 2014-08-12 at 05:11 PM.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

Vanilla: 40person Raiding
    TBC: Mages beeing obsolete in Sunwell : (
    WOTLK: Naxx revamp beeing not only a bad joke but also around forever (was even worse than togc, atlest Anub HC was a reasonable boss)
    Cata: Those DS 5Mans as a way to catchup on alts were a serious blow to my trust in mankind
    MoP: Dailys.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Extreme grind for almost everything.
    BC: Questing
    WOTLK: ToC
    Cataclysm: Noob finder
    MoP: Noob Finder²

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I believe he was talking about the end of the expansion?
    Yes, at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yes, at the end.
    The removal of attunements later on in the expansion was a god send. No more going back to SSC/TK to get the "new guy" ready for BT/Hyjal

Fuck I hated having to re-do those places when I was supposed to killing sillydin.

As a player I enjoyed the quest lines/attunements when I did them though.

For me the worst part of each expansion was... waiting for the next one to come out. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Because the residents of Pandaria are privy to the information that happened outside of Pandaria BEFORE the Mists disappeared, right?
    It's not a question of their knowledge, but of their arrogance and feeling of 'superiority by default'.

Deleted
    Burning Crusade - Leveling experience was horrid

WoTLK - hmm, I absolutely loved this expansion (both pvp and pve), if I had to pick something I guess it would be how dominating PVE gear could be in PVE (arcane mages 1 shotting people in full 277 gear)

Cataclysm - 90% of this expansion sucked, the only things I liked about it were the questing revamp and the molten front

MoP - At this point I had played the game for so long that everything was just /yawn. None of the new stuff interested me (pet battles were fun for a short while but like most things felt like a grind fest) the absolute worst part would probably have to be how broken PVP was throughout the expansion. Warriors 1 shotting people, Mages globalling people, Hunters globalling people - it felt so problematic and broken (I am amazed all that crap actually made it through testing phases)

Vanilla - farming resist gear

BC - Attunements probably

Wrath - TOC....worst raid ever that also killed one of the best raids ever (Ulduar)

Cata - game felt boring and uninspired....stopped playing halfway through the expansion so can't even fully comment

MoP - SoO being out for 1+ year when it could've easily been avoided

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling, then dailies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post

MoP - SoO being out for 1+ year when it could've easily been avoided
    Yup, if only they would've prolonged ToT by 3 months.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Hypocrisy of CM gear: Blizzard tells the fans, "no, you cannot transmog to shadowmourne, because it would become stale seeing everyone in it" then using the exact same logic, gives us challenge mode gear. Something i've tweeted them numerous times, but to no response
    Uhh, what?

Sorry seeing people solo ICC for an out of date legendary =/= CM gear either bought or earned.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Deleted
    Vanilla: Class mechanics
    TBC: Lore
    Wrath: Gearscore and elitists - You needed to raid to get gear but couldn't raid because you didn't have the gear because you needed to raid to get the gear....etc
    Cata: Everything
    Mists: Asian Themed. Totally doesn't fit.
    Warlords: The whole 'fucking the lore in the barnhole' thing.

Deleted
    Vanilla: Took ages to level to the cap.
    BC: Arena.
    Wrath: ToT.
    Cata: Deathwings death was disappointing.
    MoP: All the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    It's not a question of their knowledge, but of their arrogance and feeling of 'superiority by default'.
    Their elitism is part of their schtick. I found it amusing but to each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC: Nothing really, maybe the useless voice chat

WOTLK: Nothing really here either, Ulduar being cut a little short but any decent guild had already cleared hard modes by the time ToC came out anyway

Cata: rehashed dungeons as a major content patch

lolPandaland: basically the whole thing is dog shit

WoD: lack of features, Blizz getting really lazy and just milking things at this point

I forgot

Wrath: TOC just doesn't compare to the pathetic AOE fest they made dungeons. People actually complain in this very thread they had to CC in Cata. It ruined tanking, it ruined marking, it ruined communication, it ruined pulling, patrols and it created the elistist echelon of players today that dun wanna CC'z I want to AoE for big numbers crowd, or the "you newbs sucks" after one wipe.

LFD nailed the coffin on heroic dungeon experience after with anonymity and destruction of server community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Nothing made sense. Class mechanics. Spirit in warrior gear
    TBC: Lore
    Wotlk: Gearscore
    Cata: Hmm let me think...entire expac ?
    Mop: Pandas and Asian theme
    WoD: Class changes that nobody wants, like warriors for example.