Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will WoD Dungeons actually be harder or is Blizzard just blowing smoke?

Time and time again Blizzard says they want us to have more difficult 5 man progression, then in the end heroics end up being faceroll before long.

Has anyone gotten to test the current WoD level 100 dungeons / heroic modes to tell how they fare compare to the MoP/Cata heroics?

Deleted
    Well, if I'm not mistaken they admitted to overtuning dungeons, so they will probably nerf them. I just hope they won't be easy like MoP heroics, but also not that hard like pre-nerf Cata ones.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We won't know until they finish tuning the dungeons and remove the health inflation from the raids.

Right now damage is in a good spot, but health is intentionally overinflated.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope their more difficult, but if they aren't I'll just do what I did with my buddy this xpack, 2 man them blood dk + warlock.

from my time on the beta so far, there are a few dungeons that pugs just cannot do currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyek View Post
    Well, if I'm not mistaken they admitted to overtuning dungeons, so they will probably nerf them. I just hope they won't be easy like MoP heroics, but also not that hard like pre-nerf Cata ones.
    I hope they do something like Wrath, except a bit more challenging on the low end of the spectrum. I really just hope they add more dungeons later in the expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bosses take longer to die than a 5 man boss should, but actual mechanical difficulty and party damage is pretty good. Healer may need a slight buff, and maybe 10-25% health per boss removed but other than that its good. I wouldn't say any of the dungeons are as hard as cata heroic though. Maybe they are and I have just gotten better, bt they definitely feel a lot easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanics can actually kill you, but they don't want them to be an overtuned mess like some of Cata's.

Basicly, bosses can atleast do damage to you if you don't move. Unlike MoP, even before people were geared up.

Ofcourse after we overgear them they become a lot easier.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2014-08-12 at 08:06 PM.

Hopefully they don't screw up and add Shaling/Ghost Shadopan type trash that will straight-up wipe a group of appropriately ilvl'd toons if, say, a hunter "accidentally" pulls a second pack without the tank noticing immediately. You guys have selective memory the likes of which you rarely see outside of Congress. At ilvl435, at least three of the Pandaria heroics were wipefests. It wasn't until people started running them with at least one person with an ilvl more than 20 higher than they drop that they got faceroll.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony3187 View Post
    Time and time again Blizzard says they want us to have more difficult 5 man progression, then in the end heroics end up being faceroll before long.

Has anyone gotten to test the current WoD level 100 dungeons / heroic modes to tell how they fare compare to the MoP/Cata heroics?
    They will still be super easy. They tried making them hard again at the beginning of cataclysm and many people just outright freaked. They said WoD dungeons will be the equiv of some of the "harder" dungeons we had in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony3187 View Post

they will be "faceroll" within 2-3 months maybe sooner, because gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know why ppl want it to be hard like Cata, cata was not hard... it was just difficult with LFG

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Hopefully they don't screw up and add Shaling/Ghost Shadopan type trash that will straight-up wipe a group of appropriately ilvl'd toons if, say, a hunter "accidentally" pulls a second pack without the tank noticing immediately. You guys have selective memory the likes of which you rarely see outside of Congress. At ilvl435, at least three of the Pandaria heroics were wipefests. It wasn't until people started running them with at least one person with an ilvl more than 20 higher than they drop that they got faceroll.
    none of the mop 5man where wipe fests, annoying, yes but not wipefests, hard, challenging, ect

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Not really. I went in with greens and blues (as was everyone else) and we still cleared mop heroics with zero deaths and zero wipes. In TBC 5 mans if you were in full t6 and you pulled 2 mobs you could still die. Same goes for the mobs in raiding..pull an extra mob then intended and it was a wipe. In MoP raids that isn't the case.

They've said previously that WoD normal mode dungeons will be like Heroic MoP 5mans, while Heroic WoD 5mans will be on the same difficulty as heroic vortex pinnacle in cataclysm.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The true challenge here is coming up with a happy medium between difficulty and assimilation. A boss fight that takes coordination and is challenging is great but it has to be forgiving to the point where the challenge is an intuitive one and the masses don't run into a brick wall every single run. I'm interested to see what they have come up it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're absolutely blowing smoke.

The last time they upped the difficulty in dungeons, it was a disaster.

Huge outcry, subscription losses that started the skid we're in today, and might as well have been forum riots.

They definitely won't do it again, pretty sure there's a blue quote out there talking about how they figured players would've adapted and they were wrong. Instead players took up arms and quit in droves, leading to a huge wave of nerfs.

Am I the only one here who wants easy dungeons/heroics? WotLK level difficulty was just fine for dungeons.

Blowing smoke.

If they are actually hard, they'll get nerfed within a week due to all the crying and quitting threads that are gonna pop up. The WoW community can't handle hard content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd lower my expectations if i were you.

Last time there was this debate - Cata beta - it's safe to say that the majority of the forum posters were inclined to accept harder heroics ala TBC. They launched and the dungeons were trashed.

That's what you get from delivering that sort of content to players that came out of wrath lvl of dungeons. The forum troll would call them Wrath babies.