Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

Fantasy Football 2014 Sign-up and Discussion

Welcome to this years Fantasy Football thread!!

Last year was pretty successful, and as mentioned in the 2014-15 NFL thread I've taken over running this year's league from Vetali. Invites will be in simliar fashion to last year on a first come first served basis however with some preference given to returning players. If there is demand a second league will be offered and run.

First League-
    mmochampionfantasy.league.fantasy.nfl.com

1 - Alae - All Heart
    2 - xskarma - Easley does it
    3 - Celdiseth - Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
    4 - Pendulous - Rabanastre Hunt Club
    5 - draynay - NO TEAM IN LA
    6 - apepi - Apepi and the Blowman Rule
    7 - fattyy22 - Heisenberg's Hitmen
    8 - Stommped - Jay
    9 - Mazshax - Bloodbath and Beyond
    10- Brogrom - Tampa Bay Terminators

Second League-
    mmochampionfantasy2.league.fantasy.nfl.com

1 - Alae - All Heart
    2 - Fenixdown - Texas Thunder
    3 - vastx - Pure Poppycock
    4 - draynay - Draynay Waggle
    5 - Celdiseth - Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
    6 - bergmann620 - Factory of Sadness
    7 - Buckeyenut88 - Buckeyenut
    8 - Blueobelisk - Summertime Sadness
    9 - docterfreeze - PvP'd My Pants
    10- xskarma - Practice Squad All Stars

League Info

Location- NFL.com
    Scoring- Simple, default NFL.com Fantasy scoring non ppr.
    Roster- 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1RB/WR/TE 1 D/ST 1K 6 Bench

MMO Champion Weekly Pick'em - Free Entry, just for giggles and bragging rights - Pick weekly winners of NFL matchups and score points: http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/group/90980
    Last edited by Alae; 2014-09-11 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. Sign me up, please!

Oh and I prefer NFL, but I can live with ESPN if that's the majority vote.

What kind of play offs did you have in mind Alae?

I won last year. Fear me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    The winner from last year gets handicapped the following year, by not giving them a first round vote. It's in the rules. For parity reasons. *nods* (Not really)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

What kind of play offs did you have in mind Alae?
    I was going to use nfl.com's standard setup, playoffs in week 15 and 16, 4 teams, but I am open to suggestions.

!?!?!??! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No legit though, NFL.com didn't save any info from last year's FF so I can't even prove I'm the winner. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, just to make this fair to everyone and not get confusion at some point: If you want to play this year you need to clearly state in your post that you do. Other wise we get confusion about people that posted and expected to be in when they really weren't counted because there was no clear indication that they would join in and weren't just chatting.

Since at the moment that can only be directed at one person: Blueobelisk, did you want to play this year and defend your title?

!?!?!??! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No legit though, NFL.com didn't save any info from last year's FF so I can't even prove I'm the winner. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    I didn't reactivate MMO Champ 2 league this year as I knew it was likely that I would be running the MMO 1 league, and I wasn't sure if a 2nd league would be required or not. Thats an easy fix though if required. Btw Blue.. does this mean your interested in participating again?

Barely!!!!

Anyways, I took the first league and will return to retain my title. Sign me up.

You can sign me up as a reserve.

And !! Celdiseth almost took both leagues last year. This guy is dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in, of course, but due to things, I will not be very active, and I don't have any access to any way to actually watch any games. And depending on the time of the draft, I might not make it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its about that time of year aint it? Sign me up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill give it a shot, never have done football before.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ill give it a shot, never have done football before.
    Was my first time last year, and it's pretty easy to get in to. With some basic knowledge of the game you'll have just as much chance to win as anyone else. Then it's a bit of a crap shoot what you draft out of what's available to you.

Most of all it's sucked me into knowing more about football by following players and team situations I'd previously ignored. Random RB on team outside your division getting a torn ACL? meh. But if he's your no. 2 RB on your fantasy team, or on the team you are playing that week, you are suddenly MUCH more interested

Anyway, good to see another regular playing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Was my first time last year, and it's pretty easy to get in to. With some basic knowledge of the game you'll have just as much chance to win as anyone else. Then it's a bit of a crap shoot what you draft out of what's available to you.

Most of all it's sucked me into knowing more about football by following players and team situations I'd previously ignored. Random RB on team outside your division getting a torn ACL? meh. But if he's your no. 2 RB on your fantasy team, or on the team you are playing that week, you are suddenly MUCH more interested

Anyway, good to see another regular playing!
    Why use NFL? I pesronally like yahoo myself, guess it does not matter.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Why use NFL? I pesronally like yahoo myself, guess it does not matter.
    Euh, mostly cause we decided on using that last year and it carried over. We can certainly take your vote for Yahoo on board if there's more people interested in using that site.

Personally though, I prefer either NFL, since that's where I watch my games and follow the news or ESPN, since I allready have an account there and that's where we are likely holding a moderator only Fantasy league. I have no account on Yahoo, or any reason to go there beyond this league so it's definitely 3rd on my list of options.

Still, vote for Yahoo acknowledged, we'll see if there's more people that want to switch away by the time we have a complete league (or more).

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really care for yahoo

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested in playing this year. Haven't used the NFL site though, have the ESPN app. Just let me know what I need to do, and when I need to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoen View Post
    I'm interested in playing this year. Haven't used the NFL site though, have the ESPN app. Just let me know what I need to do, and when I need to do it.
    Welcome aboard Hoen.

That makes 7 players so far, and all people that have been in the NFL thread before, which is nice cause there's a higher chance they'll stick around and play the season out.

Though to be fair, this time last year Alae and Celdiseth were unknowns and they turned out to be great posters to have around, so who knows we might get excellent new additions this year too.

EDIT: Helps to discuss matters in this thread and look ahead at the Fantasy season, so the thread gets bumped and people might catch sight of it on the front page and join

I've done a few mock drafts allready and the thing that stands out is the incredible number of top recievers that has a week 9 bye week.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, just looked up the official list of teams with a bye: Falcons, Bills, Bears, Lions, Packers, Titans

So that's week 9 bye for:

Julio Jones
    Roddy White
    Sammy Watkins
    Brandon Marshall
    Alshon Jefferey
    Calvin Johson
    Goldon Tate
    Jordy Nelson
    Randall Cobb
    Kendall Wright (94 receptions for 1079 yards last year)

That's a pretty gobsmacking list.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2014-08-11 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Week 4 you lose D.Thomas, Welker, AJ Green, if Gordon escapes suspension you lose him, Fitz, Floyd, Harvin, Week 10 is a lot of notables too, Weeks 4/9/10 have 6 byes so there's gonna be a lot of folks not playing.