Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Timeless Isle type content a winner

Months since release, I see that the TI is still extremely popular on my server. I think with this, the devs proved that people prefer this type of content over dailies and I am quite happy that this model will feature in most if the WoD zones, if not all.

I think it is a pity it took them this long to realise this.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Months since release, I see that the TI is still extremely popular on my server. I think with this, the devs proved that people prefer this type of content over dailies and I am quite happy that this model will feature in most if the WoD zones, if not all.

It's only extremely popular because the choices are narrow at this point. Do I go toTI? Or run SoO for the 700th time? Or do I sit in SW.

The reason TI is populated: Free loot.
    A few guys might enjoy the pvp.

My only gripe with it is I wish they had the rares drop tokens that could be eventually used to buy the items from a vendor.

For instance, 50 rare tokens could buy one of the pets, if you haven't had it drop in those 50 kills.

Granted, in WoD rare spawns change and are only rare the first time you kill them, and always drop their special item the first time. (Draenor only rares, obviously)

Deleted
    the TI mode is not successfull its just faster to get there vps then running soo for the 752345237865236589s time....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to Timeless Isle for weekly world bosses.

I prefer Isle of Thunder over this, dailies > no dailies.

Deleted
    I preferred ToT I really love the trolls and their lore, Timeless Isle felt like WoW's take on Guild Wars 2 with the celestials spewing their crappy rhetoric. Not my cup of tea but it's not entirely horrendous for a lot of people it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just hope they take what they learned from timeless isle and expand on it greatly. draenor is a step in the right direction but they need to do much more. the 5.3 stuff in the barrens was also a cool concept but do something like that on a grander scale. make bosses like that but make it so they always drop relevant stuff. i hate seeing people do something for like a month, getting everything they need out of it and then never going back to it.

the pandaria world bosses are a prime example of that. mind you there is only so much they can do as time goes on and gear becomes better but like i said. they do seem to be learning. i just hope they dont drop the ball.

Timeless Isle was okay if you didn't have a guild. Kindof reminded me of camping mobs back in EQ days. A little.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    People also did dailies. They will do whatever it takes to get gear.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post

If they'd consider me going there only for the world bosses a success then I don't know what to say.

Most of what you are seeing on TI is alts getting free gear for a couple hours until they can start the lfr grind. You can go from jade forest quest gear to all but 2 or 3 slots 496 in an hour.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

People won't praise it here because people like to pretend every aspect of WoW is awful. That being said, I personally think it's awesome, at least aside from the goddamn tigers.

Fucking tigers.

But seriously, TI was an experiment - that much is obvious - but it was a successful one. If they made an isle like that, combined it with the daily system and made the spawns and creatures a little less random and over-crowded and made some of the mechanics a little more fun and less annoying (seriously, kilnmasters and their lesser elite equivalents that spam charge at you are just annoying, at least give it a cd so you can ride by them) then we'd have something great.
    Isle of Thunder and TI were both really solid, I can't imagine how cool a combination would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm just going to Timeless Isle for weekly world bosses.

I prefer Isle of Thunder over this, dailies > no dailies.
    Thisssssssssss.

My main gripe with TI is the inclusion of hp reduction and scaling with the rares. It's so hard to ever find a rare that isn't DEAD because they die within seconds now, it makes trying to hunt them extremely boring and anti-climatic.. Rare's are not rare if they melt and can be solo'd by anyone..

Isle of Thunder had it perfect when it came to group content and scenery. TI isn't fun and never was, it's a drag.
    Every thread is like entering an LFR with 5 stacks of determination. -Compstance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    People won't praise it here because people like to pretend every aspect of WoW is awful. That being said, I personally think it's awesome, at least aside from the goddamn tigers.
    Timeless Isle isn't awful, it was ok, but it wasn't the best content we ever got, and it got boring very quickly. My personal winners are Molten Front, Isle of Quel'danas and the Argent Tournament, but if I have to choose only from this expansion I would go with Isle of Thunder for the quest content and the scenarios and with Krasarang for the story. Isle of Thunder had rare spawns and treasure chests as much as Timeless Isle, but it was bigger and had more to offer. Timeless Isle had nothing really to offer, people just went there for the easy gear and grinded coins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can get a character's ilevel from 430 to 490 in an hour. Of course people will still use it.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Timeless Isle isn't awful, it was ok, but it wasn't the best content we ever got, and it got boring very quickly. My personal winners are Molten Front, Isle of Quel'danas and the Argent Tournament, but if I have to choose only from this expansion I would go with Isle of Thunder for the quest content and the scenarios and with Krasarang for the story. Isle of Thunder had rare spawns and treasure chests as much as Timeless Isle, but it was bigger and had more to offer. Timeless Isle had nothing really to offer, people just went there for the easy gear and grinded coins.
    Isle of thunder quests/progression, Krasaragan story, add a bit of timeless isle events/buffs and i am set for life.

Deleted
    Timeless Isle never really looked like they put much work into it. The whole island is created with art assets they used in Jade Forest. There was no story there, they only let you gather the same objects through grinding the same mobs every week to see a new vision of time. I didn't even bother to do that and just looked up the videos on the internet. There wasn't any real content there, just mobs and some small things to discover.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    Isle of thunder quests/progression, Krasaragan story, add a bit of timeless isle events/buffs and i am set for life.
    Yeah that sounds good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Timeless Isle never really looked like they put much work into it. The whole island is created with art assets they used in Jade Forest. There was no story there, they only let you gather the same objects through grinding the same mobs every week to see a new vision of time. I didn't even bother to do that and just looked up the videos on the internet. There wasn't any real content there, just mobs and some small things to discover.

Yeah that sounds good.
    Yeah, they even said that they used existing textures to make it faster. But for me, the first time i went there, it was awesome. I really like how they rewarded exploration. I would go here and there and see something new. That will be ideal for leveling experience and not so much for end-game-alt-gearing-spot(as it is right now)

TI was just free gear, it still sucked.. especially on imbalanced servers that happened to be PVP. -.-