Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    While that may be true that 12 spell threads sell for more than 1 royal satchel, you have to take into consideration several other factors. First and foremost having to sell 12 things versus 1 thing. I make about 1800-2500 profit on 1 royal satchel after crafting costs and I only have to post 1 item that 95% of the time sells without having to be reposted or cancelled and reset to undercut someone. You also have to take into account that bag space is always valuable, whereas an enchant for gear is not. People stop worrying about upgrades the closer the xpac gets.

If they weren't selling, I'd agree with you. However, I do not have any problems selling Spellthreads regularly. My entire stock is gone the same day I craft it. Even if I had to repost them, it only costs 41s to post 1 for 12 hours. That is so insignificant it's laughable.

There is lots of Royal Satchel competition on my server, so it's not uncommon to have to repost them several times before they sell. I started out selling bags, but became too frustrated that I switched to Spellthreads, and ended up using all the bags I crafted myself.

Overall, I gain more profit, sell more consistently, and am less frustrated with Spellthreads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zutroy View Post
    If they weren't selling, I'd agree with you. However, I do not have any problems selling Spellthreads regularly. My entire stock is gone the same day I craft it. Even if I had to repost them, it only costs 41s to post 1 for 12 hours. That is so insignificant it's laughable.

There is lots of Royal Satchel competition on my server, so it's not uncommon to have to repost them several times before they sell. I started out selling bags, but became too frustrated that I switched to Spellthreads, and ended up using all the bags I crafted myself.

Overall, I gain more profit, sell more consistently, and am less frustrated with Spellthreads.
    See my server, which is actually 5 servers at this point, is completely the opposite. Spellthreads sell for a pittance b/c everyone and their dog is selling them whereas there is less than half a dozen people selling bags and very few people it seems doing what I've done by having multiple alts making bags. I'm probably producing 25-35% of all the royal satchels being sold.

Deleted
    I've been hoarding alot of cloth lately, anyone know if they will remove the CD on imperial silk in WoD? Then you could massproduce bags the first day and get that $$ rolling. As Im at work now I can't check if the old ones from cata did or not, did they remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPresid3nt View Post
    I've been hoarding alot of cloth lately, anyone know if they will remove the CD on imperial silk in WoD? Then you could massproduce bags the first day and get that $$ rolling. As Im at work now I can't check if the old ones from cata did or not, did they remove it?
    Dreamcloths still have a 3 day CD

Quote Originally Posted by MrPresid3nt View Post
    Just checked, cool down is still there but location requirement has been removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which belts are you guys making these days?

Are you making the PvP Belts and desichanting them into enchanting materials?
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    This is highly dependent whether they will or will not remove Imperial Silk cooldown. Cata cloth used for 26-slot bag retained their WEEK LONG cooldown so I wouldn't count on that.

The mop cloth is pretty much useless. You don't need a big amount to level up tailoring, enchanting mats are cheap anyway and it takes too much time to bother with crafting 500 belts and then DE every one of them - you make like 1 gold profit on each disenchant. Better off just farming something.

If the CD on imp silk is removed then it will be a whole different story. 600 cloth = 1 royal satchel. Would be very cool but this is highly unlikely to happen. Although this game could really use new "budget" bad. Last one is Embersilk Bag and this one is the altbag choice for whooping 4 YEARS now. Time to move on, 600 cloth would be anything betwen 300 to 600 gold currently, perhaps more after expac release. I could warrant 600 gold for 28-slot bag being a COMMON thing on AH in WoD. Not freaking cooldown dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    If the CD on imp silk is removed then it will be a whole different story. 600 cloth = 1 royal satchel. Would be very cool but this is highly unlikely to happen. Although this game could really use new "budget" bad. Last one is Embersilk Bag and this one is the altbag choice for whooping 4 YEARS now. Time to move on, 600 cloth would be anything betwen 300 to 600 gold currently, perhaps more after expac release. I could warrant 600 gold for 28-slot bag being a COMMON thing on AH in WoD. Not freaking cooldown dependent.
    It is 300 cloth + 360 motes of harmony without a cooldown. When the motes are no longer BoP the bags are more accessible. The interesting thing is how would the mote/spirit price play out? It will certainly take a huge dive at launch, because so many people have TONS of them. But the stock would run out eventually and if people are no longer farming MoP, then not a lot of new ones would enter the market.