Page 2 of 319 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Peaceful demonstrations or gatherings often turn violent when instigated by police. I've seen it a few times. One that comes to mind is students coming out of a hockey game, the team had just won a championship. Cool stuff, right? Nope, the police started some riot suppression shit, and next thing you know, you have an actual riot.

That had nothing to do with race. Bunch of white kids excited about a hockey game, mostly. Imagine if something underlying your own identity was involved?
    Yeah I usually loot things too. That's pretty normal.
    THEY are trying to turn it into a race thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The riot police should have stayed put. They should have realized that their presence, believe it or not will incite a riot especially if the community isn't on good terms with recent decisions and events.

Here's a video of the looting.

Here's the gas station at some point later.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuusYlLIEAASsh4.jpg

Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-08-11 at 05:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Yeah I usually loot things too. That's pretty normal.
    Consider it reparations for uh... Slavery? No, wait that's overdone... Let me call Jesse J.

Po-leece racism, that's it! Reparations for Po-leece racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    "He was a good boi, he didn do nuffin, he was about to start college 'n get his life on track! Da po-po is raycis!"

Oh man, it's Trayvon 2.0! How long until MSNBC bombards us with baby photos?
    As far as I can tell, you just said that he did something wrong by walking outside while being black. I'm exaggerating, yes, but not by much.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Consider it reparations for uh... Slavery? No, wait that's overdone... Let me call Jesse J.

Po-leece racism, that's it! Reparations for Po-leece racism.
    Don't forget about the Jim Crow era!!!

I unno, Around here people know not to mess with the police...
    And its not even a bad thing...

Few years back a guy shot and killed an officer, three other officers pursued him into his home where he hid in a closet firing out the closed door...
    They returned fire on the door...
    With the amount of bullets recovered in the closet and shell casings there were enough for each officer to have reloaded 3 separate times.

Since then nobody fucks with the local PD!

---

Anyway, more OT: I've never understood destroying your home(town) just because you're protesting...
    Write signs, file petitions, etc, but why vandalize the area you live in...

10+ Year Old Account
    Really people can't we be a little more constructive?

I'm a delivery driver just outside of the Ferguson area that often goes into Ferguson...guess where I WON'T be going tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of reminds me of an article I saw in the local paper not long ago. In the area that the shooting took place it used to be relatively violent (5 or so murders per year) so the police decided to start profiling people based off actions etc. Now fast forward a bit and, in the middle of summer, a black cop sees a kid walking down the street with a hoodie on in 90-95 degree weather so he stopped the kid and found that he had an illegal gun on him. The cop arrested the kid and when the kid got back to his house after paying bail I guess he killed himself. Now they are going to stop the highly effective program that reduced crime in the area because of that. I just thought it was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It's not really fair to judge those people in general because of the actions of some.
    Except those "some" is a ridiculously big part of their race.

You should google those polls where they asked people if they thought the guy that shot Martin Trayvon was racist.

The police decided he was not. A court decided he was not. ALL evidence said he was not. Pretty much all black people believe he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    As far as I can tell, you just said that he did something wrong by walking outside while being black. I'm exaggerating, yes, but not by much.
    Currently, the police's story involves the "Youth" attempting to grab a gun from a police officer after allegedly assaulting him. I've yet to see any evidence refuting that, and so it will remain the story until sufficient evidence is presented.

If you want to claim that I'm "Saying he did something wrong by walking outside while being black," then feel free; however, I feel that it's more suggestive of soft bigotry on your part, rather than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't forget about the Jim Crow era!!!
    Truly an awful era of history...

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    I'm a delivery driver just outside of the Ferguson area that often goes into Ferguson...guess where I WON'T be going tomorrow.
    Yeah I'd avoid the shit out it for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    How can you say such a thing? The worst he has to fear is a little bit of cultural enrichment.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who riot like that don't care about justice, they are just willing to use any excuse to act like the savages they are.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Anyway, more OT: I've never understood destroying your home(town) just because you're protesting...
    Write signs, file petitions, etc, but why vandalize the area you live in...
    I will help you with understanding it.
    They don't want to protest. They just want to loot things and possibly beat some unsuspecting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    I love QT too, they have some of the best sodas. The Dr. Pepper is always blended just right, better than bottled. But yeah, as a white man, I wouldn't really feel safe out here.

They were talking about this on the news yesterday (the peaceful protest) and it was a group of 20 black people with their fists in the air yelling "black power".

It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.
    Last edited by Razorlor; 2014-08-11 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Quality of soda clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    I unno, Around here people know not to mess with the police...
    And its not even a bad thing...
    You consider that a good thing? The anecdote you gave had officers in hot pursuit of a known dangerous criminal. That's very different from, say, choking a non-violent person to death.

I guess I know my rights. I have to provide my correct name and address if asked, proof of insurance if driving, and follow any reasonable orders. If I'm a clear threat to the officers or others and not submitting, I will likely be shot. Beyond that, no, you do not let the police mess with you. At least that's my opinion.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were talking about this on the news yesterday (the peaceful protest) and it was a group of 20 black people with their fists in the air yelling "black power".
    They're not racist because they've been historically oppressed!

I love QT too, they have some of the best sodas. The Dr. Pepper is always blended just right, better than bottled. But yeah, as a white man, I wouldn't really feel safe out here.

It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.
    You'd have a big target on you being a delivery driver and all as well.

I'd imagine your manager will understand your reluctance to deliver in the middle of some riots though.