Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    -big pve guild who are usually also good at pvp switch over to horde
    -creates a effect where every hardcore wannabe switches to horde
    -in general horde attracts the more hardcore players while alliance has more casuals and kids
    -thus more important streamers, youtube personalities etc are horde creating another effect where everyone else who cares follows them

unless blizzard inbalances the racials drastic again this won't change, if you want to pvp or do high level pve you play horde
    A rather large percentage of the top PvPers play human, especially in European servers, otherwise I agree. When a large percentage of world first quality Alliance guilds went Horde over the course of Cataclysm it very much created a trickled down effect where a good deal of 1st tier quality players switched, which lead to 2nd tier doing so in order to keep up, and on and on.

I know with WoD they say they are evening out the racials, which is a good thing, but the damage is done. If things are about equal in WoD, why transfer back to Alliance for no power gain? Just because you like the esthetic better? Those types of players don't generally care for faction pride, they go where they'll have the best shot of advancing.

Pretty much the only way to make a change would have been to make the Alliance racials overwhelmingly better to lore top shelf players to switch and then nerf the racials down to equality to the horde ones, a bait and switch.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-08-23 at 02:26 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I've played for years both horde and alliance and on my horde char my BG win % is probably around the 60% mark where as my alliance is around 50%. I play on EU, I would say it is pretty close tbh just horde seem to be more PvP focused instead of PvE.

Deleted
    55% win ratio as alliance from 2k bgs done.
    This is however over many many years and cannot be used as real standard anymore, you have to pretty much level a char on both factions and play a few hundred games to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been on the short end of the stick it seems when it comes to which faction is dominant. I was Horde for years and rarely won random BGs when battlegroups were a thing. Then I went alliance and it was good for a short while but then Horde were dominating. Now I still had Horde so I was able to enjoy this for a short while before I completely switched over to Alliance to play with friends. Now I leveled up a Horde toon purely for random BGs but these 10 min + queues are almost not worth it... almost. Winning is pretty nice .

Horde generally has more serious PvPers in my experience. Wanting to be badass and evil and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I know with WoD they say they are evening out the racials, which is a good thing, but the damage is done. If things are about equal in WoD, why transfer back to Alliance for no power gain? Just because you like the esthetic better? Those types of players don't generally care for faction pride, they go where they'll have the best shot of advancing.
    Alliance racials are stronger in WoD and EMFH is staying on top - and on top of this alliance has retained a larger population despite hordes previous stronger pve racials.

To make the racials more weighted for alliance at this point would be to actually try to swing all segments of the population away from horde altogether. You also explained yourself why a bait and switch wouldn't work - the racial power themselves doesn't affect 90% of players, not being able to play with the top 10% does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both Horde and Alliance character and I won roughly 50% of the matches on each, including IoC and AV on my Horde Character.

What I think might cause the illusion of Alliance losing more are the short queues. This means when you get an unlucky streak of loses, you tend to feel more frustrated as it all happened in rather quick succession, while as a Horde I have enough time to calm down between the matches and revitalize my focus.

However I also noticed the Alliance are giving up more easily, they pretty much need to start well. If they do, they smash the Horde quite easily. If they don't, they give up soon and all start to defend one spot. It seems like Alliance don't have this sense of pride like the Horde have, I rarely saw Alliance turn tides in a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    However I also noticed the Alliance are giving up more easily, they pretty much need to start well. If they do, they smash the Horde quite easily. If they don't, they give up soon and all start to defend one spot. It seems like Alliance don't have this sense of pride like the Horde have, I rarely saw Alliance turn tides in a battle.
    I will say I've seen a lot of this as an Alliance player. I actually had someone start spouting that "STOP IT AND JUST LET THEM WIN" bullshit at me the other day in a WSG because I killed a Horde FC when we were down 2-0. Comebacks can happen from games like that, but so many people just don't even want to try. I'm pretty sure that general attitude has caused us a lot of losses.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-24 at 03:25 PM.

Who actually BG's beyond the honor grind? RBG's are a whole lot more fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly LOVE to join these games where evidently Horde is the winner for the majority of the time,
    cause based on my rotten luck, it feels like the ones who say that Horde pvp is smooth sailing, I'm nearly
    compelled to call you liars.

In terms of Horde pvp, if I ever get one win, its then usually followed by a very long string of losses before
    another win. And this is playing multiple different BG games. In my experience, Horde is utterly terrible at pvp.

Deleted
    I don't know what you guys are talking about, I got almost 2.4k bg's played and I've always had a positive win ratio as alliance eu

Deleted
    Horde generally has a lot more kids. And what kids usually have over adults is Initiative, which counts a lot in pvp. You can definitely throw an opponent/team off balance if you rush him down in the beginning.

Deleted
    Can we move on from this "alliance vs horde" best at pvp thing x) ? There are good players on both sides, and it all comes down to who plays, and not what faction they play.

From my experience as Alliance, Horde players usually have better gear (read almost full prideful) while Alliance are mostly still gearing up, so somewhere between 500 and 525 pvp ilvl, and with the current gap in stats on gear, we usually get wiped out. I think I can count on fingers of one hand how many less-than-500k-health Horde players I've seen this week in bgs while for the Alliance it's often 40-60% of the BG, at least. Here, I just checked in this AB I just entered: out of 15 ppl, on the Alliance side 11(!) people have under 400k health. Meanwhile, 2 Horde have under 500k, hell I saw one warrior with 923k (what kind of gear does he have, wtf?).

Also, I would like to mention something else. It's probably a Horde thing as well but the other day I tried to get Resilient Victory achi with a half premade. When we asked the random people if they can help help (or at least not get in the way i.e. not cap the flags before the other side gets 450-500 points ahead), we mostly just got cursed and several people actually actively tried to sabotage us by doing stuff like intentionally capping flag and letting the Horde cap our own flags just to ruin the chance at an achievement. I know the community can be toxic but for me that was reaching a whole new low. >_>
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2014-08-26 at 09:53 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    This thread is almost convincing me to transfer all my chars off Sargeras and head back to Illidan. I really think the queue times and EMFH are the only reasons I'm still pondering it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    -big pve guild who are usually also good at pvp switch over to horde
    -creates a effect where every hardcore wannabe switches to horde
    -in general horde attracts the more hardcore players while alliance has more casuals and kids
    -thus more important streamers, youtube personalities etc are horde creating another effect where everyone else who cares follows them

unless blizzard inbalances the racials drastic again this won't change, if you want to pvp or do high level pve you play horde
    In North America maybe.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I wanna meet these so called "bad alliance" players, seriously cause I've been getting rekt as horde lately to the point it's not even worth struggling through the honor/conquest grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I'm pretty sure that general attitude has caused us a lot of losses.
    i personally believe this is the biggest reason why certain bg's are more often won by a certain faction.

when i play as Horde and we encounter a russian team. at a minimum 2 players start saying such nonsense.
    which is the dumbest thing to do, my win-loss versus russian teams is some where around 55-60% slightly lower then most other EU alliance teams (which i would say is 60-65% for me personally). so we usually got a pretty good chance.
    but if you give up before hand, then you just drag yourself and then rest straight into a loss.

3 for 12 in my BG's today as Horde, got to love how "bad" Alliance are...

Deleted
    This thread again...
    Just be the best player in the bg. Out-gear others and be somewhat skilled and you will win most of the games.
    I remember back in cata when I last pvp'd I won like 70% of bgs, 85%+ when I ran duo with my friend.
    Just be the best player there and carry your team to victory.

It comes down to the group. If the alliance has a premade 90% of the time they win cause alot of horde solo queue and scare easily. If you wipe horde in mid they lose moral and start fighting each other. When the alliance works together as a whole they're really hard to beat. It's not the BGs, it's all about the premades. Horde premades get shit on by alliance premades believe me im on both sides of the spectrum