Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
33
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Partying in Valhalla
    Annoying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Socorro, NM, USA
    Posts
    10,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    They can start having juice as early as 6 months. So, going by my other arguments (you know the ones where people told me that I believed that women should not be allowed out of the house for the first year... I guess its just the first six months).

    You really do have selective reading since every point you have made has been disputed by a simple google search. Please show me where I said a baby under six months should be given juice specifically.

    You see, the problem is that you want to take your personal experience and apply it to the world, although your personal experience is almost always very, very narrow.
    How about science, then? A simple google scholar search shows massive benefits to continue breastfeeding after 6 months.

  2. #442
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,816
    Outside of a certain boobphobic northern american country, nobody cares. Really.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    Re-roll, otherwise. You're living as the wrong species if you can't stand the odd sight of the opposite gender doing opposite gender things.
    Can't reroll, life is a rogue-like rpg. You get what you are dealt and you go until your character dies.

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    By whom?

    Womens' breasts have one natural function: to feed young babies.

    Men go ahead and sexualize womens' breasts, then disallow them from going topless in public -- why, really? It's very similar to women in Islam not being allowed to show their hair, because men have decided that that's "too sexual" for them, as well.

    And then men place more importance on this idea of "sexualized breasts", that they themselves created, than the natural, normal functionality of womens' breasts.

    So yeah, it's very much a feminist issue. Men declaring which parts of a womens' body are appropriate and which aren't, based on what men happen to find too sexual, and then hindering women and their children because of it.
    Well said. As much as I don't want to be a feminist, I find myself being drug kicking and screaming in that direction by the undeniable logic. *cheers*

  5. #445
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    13,372
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

    In the meantime, feeding babies is terrible.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Silly, land of the free only applies to straight Christian white males.
    how dare you say so when at this very moment all around the world, straight christian white males are being prevented from imposing their beliefs on others? gay marriage! public breastfeeding! ten commandments statues getting kicked off public land! lady employees using birth control and getting abortions! its like we're in jesus's time and christians are being persecuted all over again.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I don't have a major problem with it, but I'm not particularly fond of seeing it at restaurants when I'm eating.
    Because there's obviously nothing else to look at or think about when eating, huh.

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    how dare you say so when at this very moment all around the world, straight christian white males are being prevented from imposing their beliefs on others? gay marriage! public breastfeeding! ten commandments statues getting kicked off public land! lady employees using birth control and getting abortions! its like we're in jesus's time and christians are being persecuted all over again.
    ...

    I like you.

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    This argument also does not work because everyone in here has spent this entire thread telling me they don't care what I think. If they don't care what I think then they do not need to worry about covering themselves up because of what I think.
    You ignored what I said. Women are still confronted in public because prudes (similar to you) think it's wrong. It's hard to ignore what someone thinks when they're rambling on in your face. People here in the forums don't account for the entire populace of women breastfeeding. Some of them are going to care. Look! Now I've refuted your argument too!

  10. #450
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    America is one of the most highly regulated and least free countries in the world. I know because I'm an American. What our land of the free applies to is freedom of speech and freedom of the press and the right to peaceably assemble. Those are very important and are our big freedoms. And yes, I know that other countries have those things too, or close versions at any rate.
    In my experiences, Europeans are allot more laid back about such issues. Americans like to show the breast everywhere by sexualizing it, but slightly seeing one in public (being used for it's intended purpose) and you'll have people calling you indecent and articles going on yahoo news about women complaining that they were told they couldn't do it.

    Granted, many are okay with it, but in my own experiences, people in Europe are much more laid back about such trivial things.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  11. #451
    Deleted
    can we have some more pictures of boobies please?

  12. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    You're a gay man? How can you be this intolerant about something as harmless as a woman breastfeeding? I assume you expect people to be at least tolerant of your homosexual lifestyle, correct? If you don't like it, look away.
    I could care less if people tolerate my homosexual lifestyle, and I don't make out with my partner in a crowded restaurant because I realize it might offend some people.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

  13. #453
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    In my experiences, Europeans are allot more laid back about such issues. Americans like to show the breast everywhere by sexualizing it , but slightly see one in public (being used for it's intended purpose) and you'll have people calling you indecent and articles going on yahoo news about women complaining that they were told they couldn't do it.

    Granted, many are okay with it, but in my own experiences, people in Europe are much more laid back about such trivial things.
    Showing a breast on national TV will get you a fine that is several orders of magnitude larger than the fine a company would receive for causing the death of a worker due to blatant violations of safety regulations.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think they want you to shut up because your stance doesn't pass the scrutiny of sanity, not because you're not a woman.
    Nice comment!
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

  15. #455
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    13,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    In my experiences, Europeans are allot more laid back about such issues. Americans like to show the breast everywhere by sexualizing it , but slightly see one in public (being used for it's intended purpose) and you'll have people calling you indecent and articles going on yahoo news about women complaining that they couldn't do it.

    Granted, many are okay with it, but in my own experiences, people in Europe are much more laid back about such trivial things.
    Can American ladies lay in the sun without a top or bra? Because they can over here, more on the continent (Germany and Austria I saw it most) and whilst it's a bit strange noone really cares or goes further than "weird". Obviously if there's a lot of children about they don't do it. It's still not a comon occurrence, the idea that all ladies are suddenly gona set the twins free just doesn't pan out.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

  16. #456
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,828
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Can American ladies lay in the sun without a top or bra?
    Only on beaches that are specifically designated as nude beaches.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  17. #457
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    I could care less if people tolerate my homosexual lifestyle, and I don't make out with my partner in a crowded restaurant because I realize it might offend some people.
    You could care less?
    um, that makes no sense in this context....
    also....





    bOObs

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    Oh the Irony....

    If I ever have children I'd make sure my partner breastfeeds, and in public if the event arises. That way my child hopefully won't turn out like you.

    I'm all for breastfeeding in public, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I also couldn't care less if people walked around naked in public. If I don't like something in public I'll simply ignore it, there is no need for my opinions to determine what people can and can't do in public.
    I'm glad that you don't want your child to turn out like me. We can't all be rich, successful and fabulous. However, when your child still sits at home at 25 asking for his next hand out because you raised him that way then you can remember this day.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

  19. #459
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Can American ladies lay in the sun without a top or bra? Because they can over here, more on the continent (Germany and Austria I saw it most) and whilst it's a bit strange noone really cares or goes further than "weird". Obviously if there's a lot of children about they don't do it. It's still not a comon occurrence, the idea that all ladies are suddenly gona set the twins free just doesn't pan out.
    what?! says it aint so!

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Can American ladies lay in the sun without a top or bra? Because they can over here, more on the continent (Germany and Austria I saw it most) and whilst it's a bit strange noone really cares or goes further than "weird". Obviously if there's a lot of children about they don't do it. It's still not a comon occurrence, the idea that all ladies are suddenly gona set the twins free just doesn't pan out.
    It seems they can, as another user posted the states that allow it. But I'd imagine the uproar would be pretty big here in America if tons of ladies did actually do this.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •